Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 18, 2014, 04:33:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JOHN DREW AGAIN !  (Read 5675 times)
TC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »

$62,500 MAX ! - Trotter 1
Report to moderator   Logged
Lotsatrot

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 04:52:29 PM »

How ironic is it that John Drew ends up with the rail and his arch nemisis ends up in the 2 hole?  This should pan out to be an interesting contest between the Drew and Cutloose Hanover. 
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 05:17:49 PM »

$62,500 MAX ! - Trotter 1

---------------------------------------------------------

TC just can't get me out of his mind.   Perhaps you should be talking with Dan Nance more.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »

TROTTER,

After next weeks win the the final he will surpass your $62,500 in earning by March 5 and we still have 10 more months to race.  GET A CLUE!!!!!
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2006, 03:24:18 PM »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TC-
You're SOOOOOOO Funny-

Let's count your misstatements (I'm not sure if I have enough room but I'll try to list a few)

1) I never said Doc should sell John Drew now.
2) I never said he's worth less than the great AL'S COURT
3) I never said he has no chance to earn another penny at the Big M
4) I never talked about Cut Loose Hanover, Ideal Lover or Jazzbo Brown
5) I never said John Drew is a Rat
6) I never said his groom and trainer should be fired
7) I never said he has NO SHOT in the final

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, nothing that I HAVE SAID has changed.  You are right about I thing-- 1.54.1 will NOT
win the final.  As I have ALWAYS said--John Drew is a NICE horse.  Worth $62.5K max.
Racing with 4 year olds (exclusively) at the BigM is not reality.  After the 4 yo series are finished
we'll see how cocky your "POST RACE" comments are.

You ARE correct about your last comment, however:

"THANK YOU TROTTER 1 FOR SHOWING US THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT IN THIS GAME".

Your Welcome, TC
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »

I'm thinking of a man who doesn't know jackshit about horse flesh.

He is a man that's so dumb about horses he can't possibly live in a $800,000 condo in yuppieville. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan Nance sure knows his horse flesh
TC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2006, 04:59:09 PM »

Long live the streak...the run is over for now.  That race looked like a Form Reversal Downs race with both John Drew and Ideal Lover both being no good.  Cut loose Hanover had no excuse in not rebuffing Austin's Best either, but at least he was second. 4 more of those and the owners will be "out" on CLH.  Perhaps the way both JD and IL raced last week left them short for the final.  Anyhow, congrats to Austin's Best and the beat goes on.   trotter  TC
njhorseman

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2006, 06:28:41 PM »

Long live the streak...the run is over for now.  That race looked like a Form Reversal Downs race with both John Drew and Ideal Lover both being no good.  Cut loose Hanover had no excuse in not rebuffing Austin's Best either, but at least he was second. 4 more of those and the owners will be "out" on CLH.  Perhaps the way both JD and IL raced last week left them short for the final.  Anyhow, congrats to Austin's Best and the beat goes on.   trotter  TC

TC:

Two possible explanations to ponder.

(1) Shoeing change from steel to aluminum. Do you know if he is a sore-footed horse? I didn't watch the race, but I'll look at the replay tomorrow to see if it looks like his feet are stinging him.

(2) Detention Barn. I'm not suggesting that Rollins does anything he shouldn't...just that some horses don't race very well out of the D barn.
ChargingHard

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

Or it could have been that he did a pretty good job on his knee last week and wasn't a 100% on it
Dan Nance

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2006, 08:10:08 PM »

Or it could have been that he did a pretty good job on his knee last week and wasn't a 100% on it

I think you're right. The shoeing change to aluminum tells me that.
High Octane

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2006, 10:30:45 PM »

Why would you change a horses shoeing when he's been racing awesome w/steel. Use a little common sense guy's . Roll Eyes
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2006, 10:33:31 PM »

Octane,

If you knew anything about a horse hitting a knee, you would know that is common sense.
off stride

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2006, 10:43:28 PM »

we all should be so lucky to own horses that even race in $70,000 races..let alone win them.. owners have nothing to be disappointed about...go get em next time..
njhorseman

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2006, 10:55:26 PM »

I think you're right. The shoeing change to aluminum tells me that.

Nothing like sending out a sore horse that is going to be the betting favorite, and giving the  public a honest shake for their money. Harness racing at its best. No wonder it's a "dead game, laddies."  Grin
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2006, 10:59:02 PM »

Nothing like sending out a sore horse that is going to be the betting favorite, and giving the  public a honest shake for their money. Harness racing at its best. No wonder it's a "dead game, laddies."  Grin

i guess none of your trainers never sent out a sore horse owned by you paulie. Oh i forgot you ran your own stable that would never happen. Yea what the fawk ever clown...
njhorseman

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2006, 11:13:24 PM »

i guess none of your trainers never sent out a sore horse owned by you paulie. Oh i forgot you ran your own stable that would never happen. Yea what the fawk ever clown...

You see, that's how little you know about me. Since you  know that I was a "bust out owner" you surely should know that everyone knew my horses were sore and had no chance to win, so they were always longshots, never favorites.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2006, 08:25:11 AM »

My take is that John Drew has a minor ailment, hence the brake last week.
They didn't want to scratch out of the big money race even though the horse was not 100%.
Was it a poor effort for the public?
The break should have made the public proceed with caution yesterday. The horse was not 3-5.

If I was the owner, I probably would have went to the gate as well.
He'll probably get freshened up a bit now.
I still say he's no Deliver The Goods, who started in the same class last fall and has made twice the money as John Drew.
Most of it out of the detention barn for you non-Rucker fans.

Also, TC my friend, you've got to give it to Cut Loose Hanover.
He cut some pretty mean middle panels.
He still has to make some money, but at least he was ready for the big dance.

Doc Hancock, I hear you've been looking for me at Oak Brook.
I'll be there Saturday night.
I like your horse and wish you well.
I hope you don't have a beef with me because I like Deliver The Goods too.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2006, 09:03:49 AM »

John 3:16
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:41:07 AM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2006, 09:42:27 AM »

All I can say is they had a great run with Drew and things just went bad at the wrong time. You got to give the winner credit he was awesome and came into the race fresh. Well now they better give the horse some time off or there nuts. Remember he still has to get that goal of $62,500 for trotter.  dollar

---------------------------------------------------------------

O.k., I guess that's the best apology I'll be able to get from you after all of this time.
Your quote about the $62.5K in earnings is kinda like George Bush saying
"O.K., there were NO weapons of mass destruction in Iraq but HEY at least the people of
Iraq are better off......"

You know you would have been all over this forum with your typical bashing if JD had won
that race.   I agree they should give him a rest for now.  He's still a VERY NICE HORSE
and worth what I have said all along.

As always, good luck to the connections of John Drew--they should still have an excellent year in
'06

Regards,
Trotter 1
High Octane

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2006, 03:14:51 PM »

DUKE, Sounds like you're one of those hillbilly trainer's from Lebanon or RP.That's were you will stay Mr.common sense! rat
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2006, 03:42:44 PM »

Octane,

You're the one who can't figure out why they would go to aluminums with a horse thats getting to a knee.  And about that personal message you sent calling me and idiot and saying its stupid they "switched shoes on raceday."  Hey, jackass they switched shoes from last start.  They probably did it the next day after he knocked his knee boot down and blew him out with them on in the middle of the week.  Someone help me talk some since into Stanley Dancer here.
High Octane

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2006, 03:57:26 PM »

Change shoe's because a kneeboot came down and he hit his knee. REAL SMART! As far as blowing him out in the middle of the week,theirs a big difference in going in 2:30 and 1:52. YOUsee how he raced didn't you.  I rest my case. Good luck next time Steve, tell beanie boy too rub a little harder next time. Wink
High Octane

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2006, 04:00:43 PM »

AM I PISSIN YOU OFF YET? Kiss
RDUKE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

No, your not pissing me off im laughing at you.  But i guess I have to explain this to you like im teaching a 4 year old retarded monkey (ive been wanting to use that one, since that post a couple weeks ago...ha).

I love when you said "Change shoe's because a kneeboot came down and he hit his knee. REAL SMART!".  Well Stanley Dancer im surprised you don't think this is a BIG DEAL.  Most likely the knee boot didnt just come down.  Im sure he was brushing it, it spun some then fell.  If he cut his knee a couple times during the mile without a knee boot its going to swell and he is going to be sore.

Now pay attention to this part, cause you should learn this before opening your mouth again!  When you add weight to a horse it enhances any motion in their stride.  This is why you see little roadsters wearing keg shoes, to make them go high in front.  Heavier shoes on a horse with sometype of flawed motion, such as coming toward a knee, will cause the motion to be enhanced.  By putting lighter shoes on (aluminum) this motion can be supressed some.  Furthermore, what do you think hurts more a heavy steel shoe wacking the backside or your knee hard? or a lighter aluminum shoe hitting the back of your knee not so hard?  To prove this point lets get together and I will hit the back of your left knee with a wiffleball bat, then your right knee with a sledge hammer  Grin

Now track types play into this also, and sometimes with heavier shoes you could go over a knee.  We'll talk about these things next time.
njhorseman

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »

I just watched the replay and I noticed he wasn't wearing those little black "flasher" knee boots any longer. He had big white ones..the type you use knee boot suspenders with.

The most significant thing I noticed in the running of the race had nothing to do with whether he looked sore. If you watch the early stages of the race carefully, say between the 1/4 and when Sears pulled him and sent him to the front, you'll see that JD is really up on the bit and Sears is laying down flat  to try to hold him. Almost as soon as the horse is pulled to the outside he appears to get right off the bit and Sears is upright and actually has to chase him to get to the front. As soon as JD makes the front, Cut Loose Hanover goes by like JD is standing still.

I'm going to guess that the horse lost his air in the hole when Sears had the strangle hold on him. He sure raced like it the rest of the way.

TC...maybe you can check my observation out with the horse's connections.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: