Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 10:50:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Place Pick Nine  (Read 912 times)
DoctorLock

Ignore
« on: September 25, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »

Okay, help me out...For a change, I'm not the dumb shmuck who got caught with his pants hanging around his ankles, but clearly, somebody  got a mighty ouch when the 9th race was switched to the poly. Unlike the Pick Four, Pick Three, and Pick Six, which made the 9th race an "ALL" because of the surface switch, the Place Pick Nine apparently got no such respect. I can only imagine the one or two players who may have been alive, who might have also assumed they would be paid because of the "ALL" rule, are now drinking very heavily and plotting a terrible act of violence. If in fact, this is what happened--and it sure looks like it--strike another blow to the player. That is truly a sinking feeling, when you put your valuable time and money into handicapping, only to have management stick it up your ass. This happens everywhere, so no direct knock on Arlington, but something really needs to be done.
Report to moderator   Logged

DoctorLock

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 08:37:46 PM »

yeah, you're right. Dat really sucks alot.

DoctorLock

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »

seriously, nobody has an opinion or a comment about how a place pick nine can be destroyed by a surface switch? I would think a serious formum like this one would demand action...okay, it was interesting responding to myself. May have to check out this pattern of behavior with my doc.

alydar66

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 10:23:27 AM »

I would like to know the reasoning behind why the other multi-race wager become an all but the pick-9 doesn't. It isn't right.  If I had been live and had the #3 in the last leg I really would have been pissed.  The #3 looked like a lock to place, but then I would of got the favorite who broke wide and was never really a factor.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 02:08:07 PM »

I think it's just wrong.  I didn't really know how to reply since I am not a pick nine player. 
Horse Voice

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

It's a retiree / tourist bet, with smallish handle and no pros interested in it, so racing officials don't give it much thought for things like surface switches and such.
General Powell

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »

It is not a track decision-- The IRB entered a new rule before the 2008 season allowing this change on any of the Pick N races, which would include the Place pick 9.--Direct your concerns to the IRB
Thomas Graham

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:42:34 AM »

Joe - you are slightly mis-informed.  The Pick (n) rule that governs surface switches only covers Win Pick (n) rules.  A separate set of rules govern the Place Pick (n) and those rules don't allow for a surface switch rule at this time.
mj

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 11:36:16 AM »

delete
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:10:17 PM by newbe » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: