Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 07:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: southern rocketop  (Read 3411 times)
bret hart

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:13:45 AM »

I can't believe you guys aren't talking up your little trotter more. I was at Mohawk and he sure looked good taking off in the last quarter. Can he beat Muscle Hill..well thats a huge chore, but he is obviously in peak form, and if Muscle Hill is off his game a bit..Mohawk is also been like a Saratoga to a lot of champions, remember Dewey lost his first race here last year....
Report to moderator   Logged
Claiming King

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:23:39 AM »

Like RTP said in the other thread, this guy is super sharp and if Muscle Hill is off a little bit... who knows. Judge Joe also looked pretty good last week. I do think it's interesting that Dave, who doesn't particularly love traveling, is blowing off Super Night. To drive for second?
noc

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »

Like RTP said in the other thread, this guy is super sharp and if Muscle Hill is off a little bit... who knows. Judge Joe also looked pretty good last week. I do think it's interesting that Dave, who doesn't particularly love traveling, is blowing off Super Night. To drive for second?
Well depending what others they have planned for SR till the end of the year, Davie can make more money just driving this one.
Seriously, how many winners do you think he would have had on Super Night ??
some of the serious contenders and potential 3/5 shots are already committed to other drivers.
race track phil

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 09:10:09 AM »

Your right about Judge Joe I really expect this horse to get real good in a few more starts .  He also has a lot of potential especially next year . You are right about Dave not liking traveling and I know why !  He flew to New Jersey drive my horse in the graduate series in 1986 and I doubt he will ever forget the flight . It was one of those shit in your pants flights , raining like hell so bad the plane had to land at La Guardia !  He arrived just in time to make the post parade .

RTP
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 09:36:28 AM »

I have been following Southern Rocketop since late last year.

The one night with decent odds, I don't bet.

As you know, anything can happen in horse racing.

Good luck to all the connections.

Kenneth 

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
noc

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »

I have been following Southern Rocketop since late last year.

The one night with decent odds, I don't bet.

As you know, anything can happen in horse racing.

Good luck to all the connections.

Kenneth 
"decent odds" In light of his previous race against Muscle Hill and the lack of speed in that elim, I thought it was a gift.
We will be out there on Super Night..Let us know if you can make it Huh?
wizard78

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 06:28:38 PM »

he cannot beat musle hill. superhorses dont lose very often
noc

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 11:50:18 PM »

he cannot beat musle hill. superhorses dont lose very often
Probably not...He will, however, trot very well in the final..Very good now and the driver change to Magee has helped. 
pezz97

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 12:16:03 AM »

As good as I think Southern Rockettop is, he will not hit the ticket this week. Explosive matter made his first start in a month after being sick and will be better and Judge Joe was awesome last week and had no room. Take Muscle Hill and put him on top on Explosive matter and Judge Joe in Ex's and Tri's and keep punching till the bell sounds and just stay at the window to cash
noc

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 08:44:59 AM »

As good as I think Southern Rockettop is, he will not hit the ticket this week. Explosive matter made his first start in a month after being sick and will be better and Judge Joe was awesome last week and had no room. Take Muscle Hill and put him on top on Explosive matter and Judge Joe in Ex's and Tri's and keep punching till the bell sounds and just stay at the window to cash
Talk is cheap....After the draw put your  dollar where your mouth is.
Race is Sat. Both of us will be out at Balmoral with a group of enthusiats.
I say he hits the ticket...Loser buys a round for the group that is out with us that night.
What do you think Laddie ?? Are you in or out Huh beer beer beer beer
pezz97

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »

Talk is cheap....After the draw put your  dollar where your mouth is.
Race is Sat. Both of us will be out at Balmoral with a group of enthusiats.
I say he hits the ticket...Loser buys a round for the group that is out with us that night.
What do you think Laddie ?? Are you in or out Huh beer beer beer beer
Draw is out and he has the 2 hole. and you are on! I will be putting my money on the race as well and he won't be on my ex or tri tickets
noc

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 09:29:48 AM »

Draw is out and he has the 2 hole. and you are on! I will be putting my money on the race as well and he won't be on my ex or tri tickets
  beer beer beer beer now we are talking racing Laddie..
My tickets will have SR on them...By the way...Think Erv will have a big night with some chalky ones...Looking very closely at some of the consolation races..Hope to get some value on the ones that I like.  dollar dollar dollar dollar
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 10:27:51 AM »

There is a tendency to overbet  dollar dollar the "champs."

I think if SR is better than 10:1, crossedfingers you have to bet this horse carrot carrot carrot.

Remember my lower extremedities are bigger doh than my upper frontal lobe.

Kenneth

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
wizard78

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 10:33:12 AM »

highly doubt he hits the ticket, he wont be on mine

If Seras lets his horse loose, (unlike McCarthy at DuQuoin) then he'll run away from Rocky and closers will pick up the pieces from the back......could be a decent tri if rocky is off the ticket
noc

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 02:55:27 PM »

highly doubt he hits the ticket, he wont be on mine

If Seras lets his horse loose, (unlike McCarthy at DuQuoin) then he'll run away from Rocky and closers will pick up the pieces from the back......could be a decent tri if rocky is off the ticket
SR comes home consistently in 28...So even Sears turns MH loose and he draws off SR will be sitting in the two-hole and comming home in a 28
wizard78

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »

maybe. but i dont see it playing out that way,,,,like in the Trotting Derby at Du Quoin
NIATROSS

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »

SR comes home consistently in 28...So even Sears turns MH loose and he draws off SR will be sitting in the two-hole and comming home in a 28

Judge Joe will be sitting in the 2 hole.Horse keeps getting better after Takter and co bought him.

Muscle Hill / Judge Joe exacta returns $6.00.
noc

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 10:25:49 PM »

Judge Joe will be sitting in the 2 hole.Horse keeps getting better after Takter and co bought him.

Muscle Hill / Judge Joe exacta returns $6.00.
Another....Dinner says that does not happen and my scenario does in fact play out.  Pm you a couple of places in close proximity that are very nice.
What do you think Laddie Huh What the hell a $50 dinner is what I bet in every race 100 xs a day.... nyah nyah nyah nyah
race track phil

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 06:44:07 AM »

I love this game because we all have our opinions and we all back them up unlike some of those t-bred guys who make mind bets !!

I normally don't bet big races , but this race looks like stealing and my buddy Pezz who's opinion I really respect and I differ on the throw out horse . I think Explosive matter is nothing because I think it was more than sickness or the layoff in his last start . He was totally empty and looked awful as far as his trotting stride and it was a sprint to the wire NO EXCUSE to at least not run even the last quarter .

I think a saver box ticket on the the muscle , rocket , judge is a cinch bet and then just pound Muscle on top of the other two !!  One more saver ticket with Muscle second !!    I would bet it like this .

10 dollar box = 60

10 dollar part wheel with muscle second = 40

120    Muscle - Rocket - Judge

80     Muscle - Judge - Rocket

1 $   tri      Rocket Judge Rocket Judge - all

Just in case some unforseen break occurrs .

RTP
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 08:26:51 AM »

Best of luck to the Rocket.  Always like to see a horse that you have watched race in person many times do well on a bigger stage.  There is no doubt that Muscle Hill is far the best and should win.  I won't bet this race, but they are trotters and even if Muscle Hill is highly unlikely to break stride, others can and interfere with him.  Also, he is an animal and any animal can have a bad day.  Without being sick enough to have the vet scratch him, it's possible he may not be 100% on any given day.  I have seen other super horses upset in Canada in the fall. Some of my biggest scores have come betting against super horses that can't lose.   You have to pick your times, but the beauty of it is, you don't have to bet a lot to win a lot.
pezz97

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 08:57:34 AM »

I love this game because we all have our opinions and we all back them up unlike some of those t-bred guys who make mind bets !!

I normally don't bet big races , but this race looks like stealing and my buddy Pezz who's opinion I really respect and I differ on the throw out horse . I think Explosive matter is nothing because I think it was more than sickness or the layoff in his last start . He was totally empty and looked awful as far as his trotting stride and it was a sprint to the wire NO EXCUSE to at least not run even the last quarter .

I think a saver box ticket on the the muscle , rocket , judge is a cinch bet and then just pound Muscle on top of the other two !!  One more saver ticket with Muscle second !!    I would bet it like this .

10 dollar box = 60

10 dollar part wheel with muscle second = 40

120    Muscle - Rocket - Judge

80     Muscle - Judge - Rocket

1 $   tri      Rocket Judge Rocket Judge - all

Just in case some unforseen break occurrs .

RTP
Absolutely correct PHil. And thank you for saying that you respect my opinion means a lot. And wether any of us are right or wrong, we won't come on here saying I told you so. Its just the opposite, if we are wrong, we come on here and rip ourselves  Grin. Good luck Saturday my friend
noc

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 09:07:55 AM »

Absolutely correct PHil. And thank you for saying that you respect my opinion means a lot. And wether any of us are right or wrong, we won't come on here saying I told you so. Its just the opposite, if we are wrong, we come on here and rip ourselves  Grin. Good luck Saturday my friend
and that my friend is the bottom line...We bet our opinions with real  dollar
NIATROSS

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 09:24:17 AM »

and that my friend is the bottom line...We bet our opinions with real  dollar

When someone has so many opinions in one race it is hard to bet them all. maroon maroon maroon
race track phil

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 10:35:40 AM »

When someone has so many opinions in one race it is hard to bet them all. maroon maroon maroon
    You could make mind bets like those loons and then say you would have won !   You know them loons know the winner after the race is over !   maroon

RTP
pezz97

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 10:41:30 AM »

And oh yeah, forgot to mention, this race ends the early pick 4, making it a pick 3. Good Luck Everyone
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: