BREEDERS’ CUP REDUCES TICKET PRICES AND LAUNCHES FIRST EVER ONLINE TICKET PROCESS FOR 2009 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AT SANTA ANITA PARK
2009 Ticketing Includes General Public Access to Best Seats, Online Finish Line Vantage Points and One- and Two-Day Purchase Options
NEW YORK (May 8, 2009) - The Breeders’ Cup and Oak Tree Racing Association announced today sweeping changes to their ticket sales program, including the move to a convenient, fan-friendly online ticket seat selection and purchase system for the 2009 Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park, Nov. 6-7, in Arcadia, Calif. The Breeders’ Cup also has reduced ticket prices across the board and will offer single and two-day ticket options throughout the facility.
Tickets will go on sale to Breeders’ Cup nominators on May 15 and to the general public beginning June 5. General Admission pricing and other ticket-based initiatives will be announced in early June.
In addition, the Breeders’ Cup will provide online travel support for fans coming to the event from outside of Southern California via a new booking website powered by Travelocity.
New features for this year are:
* Creation of an online ticket system by SeatAdvisor Box Office (SABO) allowing purchasers to view seat locations and buy tickets in a fast, efficient manner.
* Fans also will be able to purchase tickets through a Breeders’ Cup Customer Service Call Center.
* Most tickets will be unbundled, making single day tickets available for both Championship Friday and Championship Saturday. Reserved seat patrons were required to purchase two-day packages in 2008.
Some examples of 2009 price reductions include:
* Fans will now be able to get a seat on Championship Friday for as little as $40 compared to $200 in 2008.
* Fans will now be able to get a seat on Championship Saturday for as little as $55 compared to $200 in 2008.
* Single Day prices for premium seating are reduced by 30%.
“The online ticketing system gives our fans greater flexibility and immediate access to better Breeders’ Cup tickets than they ever had before,” said Greg Avioli, Breeders’ Cup President and CEO. “We also felt it was important to recognize the current economic environment both in Southern California and around the world by reducing ticket prices from 2008 levels."
A variety of seat choices exist, with ticket prices on Championship Friday for Reserved Grandstand ranging from $40-$235 and on Championship Saturday from $55-$335.
“We are looking forward to welcoming our guests back to Oak Tree at Santa Anita for the same experience they enjoyed last year, when the 2008 Breeders’ Cup World Championships were described as “the best ever in twenty-five years.” By virtue of a significant reduction in prices, we anticipate adding to our 2008 attendance with those who now are aware of what they missed last year,” said Sherwood Chillingworth, Executive Vice President of Oak Tree Racing Association.
About Breeders’ Cup
Breeders’ Cup administers the Breeders’ Cup World Championships, Thoroughbred racing’s year-end Championships consisting of 14 races and $25.5 million in purses. The organization also administers the Breeders’ Cup Challenge qualifying series, and the Breeders’ Cup Stakes Program. Breeders’ Cup is located in Lexington, Ky., and in New York City. More information is available at www.breederscup.com
# # #