Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 03:00:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some Friday notes  (Read 1162 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« on: February 25, 2006, 09:26:52 AM »

I only hung around 1st floor grandstand, with a brief foray to club side, but the place looked nice and shiny clean. That was nice.

In the never say never department, Desert King broke his maiden, in only his 32nd lifetime start, at 5yo. He opened on the board as the favorite.

The back row of seats disappeared. Note to management: Since we can no longer bump the tables up against that back row of seats to stabilize them, I suggest you schedule a big levelling bee one of these days.

The TV signal looked sharp and crisp yesterday, like they might have cleaned up the graphics, and maybe even bought new TV cameras or lenses? Coverage of horses in warmups after the post parade was much better than in the past. There were also some new camera angles.

They've gone "cheap" on the programs, a la county fairs. No more colorful collector's item covers with Photoshop pictures of War Emblem against the Chicago skyline. Maybe it was just Friday?

Bonny Brown was on her game! No flubs or squawks from Bonny on this day, at least as long as I was there. Way to go Bonny!

A man was spotted wearing a Davy Crockett coonskin cap.

Quite a few younger faces in the crowd.

#9 in the 2nd trained by Steve Cholity opened 9/5, then drifted up to 10/1, and finished 2nd. Moral of the story, pay attention to early money on Cholity horses.

MGD tap removed from the center bar, replaced by Crud Light. That's unacceptable. No more of my business for that center bar until MGD comes back.
Report to moderator   Logged
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 10:36:21 AM »

We probably walked right past each other.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »

What about the security slime? Are they still hanging around like goons?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 08:03:29 PM »

What about the security slime? Are they still hanging around like goons?

The security guys are still there, but unlike you, I don't have a problem with them. Most of them, I smile and say hello every time I walk in, and they smile and say hello back. I only have one security nemesis there, who scurries out onto the apron to scold me for trying to take pictures of my own horses I've paid buku bucks to bring along and finally get into one of their races. That guy I could do without, and he's still there, unfortunately.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 08:20:44 PM »

Oh, well. Maybe next year, then.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 08:42:51 PM »

Oh, well. Maybe next year, then.

What do you expect, Moon? A place where so much cash is floating around, and no security?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 09:33:35 PM »

They don't do any of THAT kind of security. They are just bag-checkers and patron hasslers.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 09:40:52 PM »

I've only seen them hassle the card players, excessive obsenity screamers, extreme drunks, and fist fighters. Oh and people trying to sneak in without paying. Now Dennis is also in charge of the backstreatch security after they fired Jim Chausse. He has his hands full.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »

They don't do any of THAT kind of security. They are just bag-checkers and patron hasslers.

Is that so? Have you ever witnessed a robbery crime there, to know what the security guys would do?

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 09:53:20 PM »

Ignore this.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 11:17:07 PM »

i have no idea who made stars open up@ that price opening day terry but i wouldnt read too much into the early money that day. she deserved to run good in that spot after the race she ran in her career debut, the 2nd race was a over ambitious spot, she was put back where she belongs against the ILL breds and performed well
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: