Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 20, 2014, 07:49:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, what have we here!  (Read 2500 times)
Horse Voice

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »

I, the winner, am penalized because I am smarter.

You don't think that the loser is penalized more than the winner from the loss of his entire wager?

Should there be a "lost winner takeout" surcharge on all losing bets? Boy, wouldn't THAT make horse racing popular!

"ALRIGHT, all you LOSERS, line up!

How much did you lose? $2?? Pay another 40 cents.

And you? You lost $100? Pay another $20."

Yep.
Report to moderator   Logged
Edwarren

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 10:43:13 AM »

You don't think that the loser is penalized more than the winner from the loss of his entire wager?

Should there be a "lost winner takeout" surcharge on all losing bets? Boy, wouldn't THAT make horse racing popular!

"ALRIGHT, all you LOSERS, line up!

How much did you lose? $2?? Pay another 40 cents.

And you? You lost $100? Pay another $20."

Yep.

Yep.
I've already explained this. Why on Earth, are you asking me to explain it again? 
Edwarren

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 10:45:05 AM »

Here. Here it is again:

That is correct.  All you need to remember is:  the bet is $2 not $1.60.  Look for a FLAG of some kind OR good looking Earth women of whom you've seen pictures of when the probe with the magazine under the seat landed.

Want to bet again?

OK. I won the first bet.  Round 2. same game, but you win.
This time, YOU pay the takeout.  Everything is square. 
Another? This time I win and I pay the takout. The book for this round is also square, but across the three games I've paid twice.

Let's say we bet 20 times and I win 15 times, you win 5 times.
I'll pay 3 times the takeout you paid.  The track and the losers have a good thing, because the WINNER always pays the juice.  I, the winner, am penalized because I am smarter.  When the takeout is HIGH, it becomes overwhelming.

When you HEAR people say or read when they write "everyone pays takeout", they are either ignorant and from the Planet Zebulon or other far away world  OR they are owners or members of a RACING ASSOCIATION clamouring for higher percentages at the expense of the gambler.

Horse Voice

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »

Here. Here it is again:

That is correct.  All you need to remember is:  the bet is $2 not $1.60.  Look for a FLAG of some kind OR good looking Earth women of whom you've seen pictures of when the probe with the magazine under the seat landed.

Want to bet again?

OK. I won the first bet.  Round 2. same game, but you win.
This time, YOU pay the takeout.  Everything is square. 
Another? This time I win and I pay the takout. The book for this round is also square, but across the three games I've paid twice.

Let's say we bet 20 times and I win 15 times, you win 5 times.
I'll pay 3 times the takeout you paid.  The track and the losers have a good thing, because the WINNER always pays the juice.  I, the winner, am penalized because I am smarter.  When the takeout is HIGH, it becomes overwhelming.

When you HEAR people say or read when they write "everyone pays takeout", they are either ignorant and from the Planet Zebulon or other far away world  OR they are owners or members of a RACING ASSOCIATION clamouring for higher percentages at the expense of the gambler.

(An aside to all of the other computer programmers out there: I did it -- he's looping!  Cheesy )
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 11:14:23 AM »

Seems to me that since the commission is taken off the top, everybody, winner or loser, is paying it.
If that wasn't the case then "net pool pricing" wouldn't make any sense.
On the other hand, here's something we can all agree on --- in Illinois, the winners pay the surcharge!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 11:29:44 AM »

I, the winner, am penalized because I am smarter.

No, you are not. You pay exactly the same takeout as losers.

No, they are simply people who have a different opinion as to when the takeout comes out of the gross pool. You apparently think the eventual winners own the gross pool the moment the bell rings. I think the pool is not being run by bettors, so they do not own it. The track is running the pool, and takes its share out before anything else - before any bettor has even won anything.
Horse Voice

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »

I used to have 3 cats.

Once, a mouse got in the house, and when one of the cats found out about it, all three of them chased the mouse around the house, cornered it, slapped it around a little bit, much to their amusement. Then grew tired of it, or maybe they just found something else to do.

This has been amusing. I have something else to do. Thanks, Edmousen.
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 11:45:09 AM »

Ed, i guess we can sum this up by agreeing that paying 20% is not good, but sure beats the alternative!  beer

The more you bet...the more you win
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: