Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 03:45:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT:Palin steps down  (Read 19023 times)
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 05:53:21 PM »

It amazes me how blindly partisan you are to swallow all the excuses for the quitter. Here's the verdict from one of the biggest Palin smoochers on the planet, Fred Barnes at The weekly Standard:

"Forget about Sarah Palin as the Republican presidential candidate in 2012 and probably ever. She may have no interest in seeking the GOP nomination. But if she does, her chances of winning the nomination have been minimized by her decision to resign as governor of Alaska. She's knocked out one of three legs of the presidential stool and a second one is wobbly."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/016/700nykxe.asp?pg=1

But yet you ignore the fraudulent Liberal complaints filed against her.

Hey but you will have they sexual deviant Obama running for re-election
Report to moderator   Logged

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »

You Liberals are hysterical. You take advantage of Alaska ethics laws and file hundreds of bogus complaints against Palin knowing damned well their law requires all complaints be looked into.

You reactionary fascists are hysterical. I have not filed any complaints against her.

Not a single complaint has come close to being found to be valid.

What about the one where she had to pay back money for family personal travel, and the one that found she had abused power in Troopergate?

You are exausting time and resources of Alaskan authorities, you force Palin to have her own attorney. You cripple her administration because most of her time is now spent with the investigations that the law requires be looked into.

No, I do none of that. And it's highly doubtful her administration is "crippled" any more than that of any other politician's that gets a lot of complaints and investigations. This is just a smoke screen, and in your heart you know it. She simply quit when the heat got too high.

Then you call her a quitter but find the fraudulent complaints against her to be acceptable.

That's a logical non-sequitir, Buffalo Boob, not to mention I have made no comment at all on whether or not the complaints are "acceptable".  doh

But yes, she's a quitter, whether or not the complaints filed by outsiders or even Alaskans themselves have merit. And yes, not all these complaints are by some "liberal outsiders", but by the enemies she has made herself in her own state. Other politicians have had similar problems to hers, and don't quit. No matter what excuses you might make, she quit, making her a quitter. That's in black and white. The writer for the Weekly Standard clearly recognizes it.
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »

the information fed to you about the complaints  is fraudulent  the nature of the complaints against her  and in this case are such  as to be private UNLESS  the complainant  allows or agrees for them to be  made public   

"hundreds"  of lawsuits   thats what we're hearing from these morons who are in  full  victim  / martyr  mode    guess what   its probably  no where near   even 30

PATHETIC

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »

the information fed to you about the complaints  is fraudulent  the nature of the complaints against her  and in this case are such  as to be private UNLESS  the complainant  allows or agrees for them to be  made public   

"hundreds"  of lawsuits   thats what we're hearing from these morons who are in  full  victim  / martyr  mode    guess what   its probably  no where near   even 30

PATHETIC

I saw a number that said there were 15 resolved or dismissed, and 4 still pending. That's 19 by my count.

samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »

I saw a number that said there were 15 resolved or dismissed, and 4 still pending. That's 19 by my count.
$500,000 in personal cost to her and she is not yet a rich person,

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »

$500,000 in personal cost to her

I thought she claimed the issue was the money spent by the State of Alaska on personnel costs like Attorney general time, etc., defending the governor, and the distraction from her job (more distracting then her usual office full of babies, I guess). So now it is personal costs?

and she is not yet a rich person

A lot of people think that's the real issue, quitting now to cash in on book deals and so on, that are disallowed under Alaska ethics law. If so, that REALLY makes her a quitter - a quitter and selfish opportunist who could care less about "the people of Alaska".

Bottom line it's my opinion she's a quitter, and others' opinion as well. I think the majority of American people will judge her that way. Some people don't think that's the case, and that's their opinion, too. It's all nothing but political noise on either side.

BTW Samstar, I must say I got new respect for you in the other thread telling the truth about the Obama G8 video/picture (as opposed to some other unnamed Boobs here).
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »

Terry, I llike to say and hear the truth regardless of the consequenses.   life is a learning experience, not just a teaching experience.

race track phil

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 12:33:02 AM »

Well once again I read some posts that haven't any common sense !!

A quitter is your opinion Terry and as usual we differ in her reason to quit !

first have all when has their been a woman in office that has been ridiculed by the media like and her family with the filth that has been said about her fanmily via the media , internet , and that funny guy Letterhead !!  I've heard the complaints before that she should take care of her family especially her youngest when she was in the running for Vice President !!  Now she's a qiutter because that's what she will do mostly take care of her family . Clinton and Bush didn't get half the filth said about them in office and the things said about them were true . I mean seriously she has taken a unmerciful beating and the election has been over 7 months and it sure seems like there was only one way out of the situation and she did it !!  Those of you that have crystal balls and can forecast her future endeavors please come to super booth 1 and forecast the races for me . One thing for sure she can spend more time with her family and I highly doubt in 3 months she will be talked about with vile insults by the great media and I assume Letterhead and that big nosed balding Bill believe me Mauer idiot will probably quit the filthy remarks . Sometimes you just get fed up with the bullshit !!  I'm sure she won't have to worry about the next clown making nasty remarks about her family anymore .  There are plenty of things I don't agree with about her feelings on certain subjects , but I do agree she did the right thing and quit !!

RTP
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 06:39:36 AM »

first have all when has their been a woman in office that has been ridiculed by the media like and her family with the filth that has been said about her fanmily via the media , internet , and that funny guy Letterhead !! 

RTP

Any ridicule that Ms. Palin has received is because she deserves it. She's nothing but an ignorant piece of Alaskan trailer trash. Didn't you idiots that defend her see her good-bye speech? She is stark-raving mad. Like her brilliant almost-son-in-law says, she quit for the $$$$. In the world of politics, she's toast.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »

Any ridicule that Ms. Palin has received is because she deserves it. She's nothing but an ignorant piece of Alaskan trailer trash. Didn't you idiots that defend her see her good-bye speech? She is stark-raving mad. Like her brilliant almost-son-in-law says, she quit for the $$$$. In the world of politics, she's toast.

There is no intelligence in your statement.  All you do is spew a bunch of negative adjectives.  How do you expect anyone to take you seriously.  I Palin was black or a democrat, you would be using all of the positive adjectives and no facts. 

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 10:07:04 AM »

Now she's a qiutter because that's what she will do mostly take care of her family .

That's not the reason she gave for quitting.

Clinton and Bush didn't get half the filth said about them in office and the things said about them were true .

Though, it's been close with comments about Hillary Clinton and her family hasn't it? Or do we all conveniently forget Lush Rimbaugh calling Chelsea Clinton the White House dog?

I mean seriously she has taken a unmerciful beating and the election has been over 7 months and it sure seems like there was only one way out of the situation and she did it !!

Any President takes an unmerciful beating on a daily basis on 100 issues. If she can't handle a Governor level beating, she's not qualified to be President.

I'm sure she won't have to worry about the next clown making nasty remarks about her family anymore .  There are plenty of things I don't agree with about her feelings on certain subjects , but I do agree she did the right thing and quit !!

Amazing how none of her supporters were suggesting she quit before it came up, but now it was and always was just the right thing to do.

I'm just glad she displayed early to all America how she can't handle the heat, so people can avoid making a mistake on her later.
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 10:10:15 AM »

There is no intelligence in your statement.  All you do is spew a bunch of negative adjectives.  How do you expect anyone to take you seriously.  I Palin was black or a democrat, you would be using all of the positive adjectives and no facts. 

Nobody takes him seriously. His intellectual thought is subpar at best.

I will admit that clockerterry is knowledgeable at politics but he's severely lacking common sense. Republicans and Democrats should both be disappointed at Bush and BHO for the spending. Anyone who thinks BHO is bringing us into the right direction is just a far left liberal party shill.

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »

Its nice to see that you check your brains at the door before you type  screwy

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »

That's not the reason she gave for quitting.

Though, it's been close with comments about Hillary Clinton and her family hasn't it? Or do we all conveniently forget Lush Rimbaugh calling Chelsea Clinton the White House dog?

Any President takes an unmerciful beating on a daily basis on 100 issues. If she can't handle a Governor level beating, she's not qualified to be President.

Amazing how none of her supporters were suggesting she quit before it came up, but now it was and always was just the right thing to do.

I'm just glad she displayed early to all America how she can't handle the heat, so people can avoid making a mistake on her later.

Once again, your ignorance and lack of knowledge of a topic is too stunning to comprehend. Your claim that Any President takes an unmerciful beating on a daily basis on 100 issues. If she can't handle a Governor level beating, she's not qualified to be President. is just off base.

In no way, shape or form does Barack Obama have to put up with what Alaskan law requires of Palin. Hundreds of ethics complaints have been filed against Palin in Alaska and their law requires they all be investigated which costs her time with investigators and attorneys. These complaints have been filed by Democratic operatives.

Just where in the hell does Barack Obama spend any time at all with investigators by law because somebody filed a complaint against him?

The answer is he doesnt.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 12:54:21 PM »

Once again, your ignorance and lack of knowledge of a topic is too stunning to comprehend. Your claim that Any President takes an unmerciful beating on a daily basis on 100 issues. If she can't handle a Governor level beating, she's not qualified to be President. is just off base.

No, it's not. Any President takes far more heat than Palin.

In no way, shape or form does Barack Obama have to put up with what Alaskan law requires of Palin. Hundreds of ethics complaints have been filed against Palin in Alaska and their law requires they all be investigated which costs her time with investigators and attorneys. These complaints have been filed by Democratic operatives.

No, Buffalo Boob, 19 complaints have been filed, many of them by local Alaskans that had problems with her before her run for VP, and continue to have problems with her.

Just where in the hell does Barack Obama spend any time at all with investigators by law because somebody filed a complaint against him?

Barack Obama has to contend with 100 times the issues Palin does, including classless smears by goofs making more of pictures than actually existed, or constant calls by boobs to see his birth certificate, not to mention the real issues and challenges, like debate over his policies and the constant Republican (and Democratic) attacks on that, and all the other responsibilities he has. He manages to deal with them like a real chief exec, with his staff deflating most of the phony bullshit, and him just ignoring the totally ridiculous stuff and moving on to what's important. That's what a real chief exec does, and that's where Sarah Palin failed. She took it all personally and couldn't deal with it rationally and unemotionally like a real politician, it overwhelmed her, and she caved in. Her resignation speech showed someone who has totally unraveled. That's not the kind of person we want with their finger on the nuclear trigger.
race track phil

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »

Earl ,        You are in need of mental help and are the IDIOT for making that stupid post . I wonder if you have any daughters that Alex can knock up between innings that are teenagers ?  I hope you don't have any pregnant unwedded girls in your family because you should have been watching them closer . Trailer trash is better than human trash and that's what you are Earl .

Terry ,    Now your calling her a quitter because she wouldn't make a good President and you actually think that was possible that you use that as a twist to exonerate the media of democrats for their cruel comments .

Your comparisons of the media using one person Rush Limbaugh's comment is ridiculous , but it suits your twist on common sense .

I guess you expected her to say she is fed up with the insults about her and family in her resignation then get 1000 more insults by our media !!  That would be brilliant !!

Another point you made all of our Presidents get ridiculed and why is that ?

In guess your not aware she is not President and never was !

I would hate to see you and Earl on a jury if I got caught stealing a loaf of bread asking for mercy that I only did it to feed my family . I'm sure I would get life without parole .

RTP

You guys can look for another to kick around now that she will be out of the limelight .  I'll give you a hint try the next President ! 
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »

Terry ,    Now your calling her a quitter because she wouldn't make a good President and you actually think that was possible that you use that as a twist to exonerate the media of democrats for their cruel comments .

No, what I said is she's a quitter who is not qualified to be President, and it's good she exposed that for all to clearly see, before people wasted either a candidacy or a single vote on her.

Your comparisons of the media using one person Rush Limbaugh's comment is ridiculous , but it suits your twist on common sense .

It was one example, but it was not the totality of what's been heaped on Hillary Clinton. All you have to do is go back and read the political threads on this forum from 1-1/2 years ago, when she looked like a serious Presidential candidate.

I guess you expected her to say she is fed up with the insults about her and family in her resignation then get 1000 more insults by our media !!  That would be brilliant !!

Is that why she quit? How do you know? All I know is what she actually said. I can't read her mind.

Another point you made all of our Presidents get ridiculed and why is that ? 

Other posters made the claim she was treated far worse than Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama. That's where the comparison to Presidents came in. The fact is, for all politicians everywhere, the motto is, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." She couldn't stand it, and got out.

In guess your not aware she is not President and never was !

She's obviously not qualified temperamentally to be President, and that's what this whole conversation is about - Sarah Palin as possible Republican presidential nominee. No one is interested in her as Governor of Alaska, except all those Alaskans filing ethics charges against her.

You guys can look for another to kick around now that she will be out of the limelight .  I'll give you a hint try the next President !

We have all the righty posters of the forum to perform that task.
mel4600

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »

Your intellect is on display by taking her son-in-laws word for it. He fit's right in with you at Fairmount! lol   Wink
mel4600

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 03:33:48 PM »

No, it's not. Any President takes far more heat than Palin.

Show me one!!!!
race track phil

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2009, 03:41:45 PM »

No, what I said is she's a quitter who is not qualified to be President, and it's good she exposed that for all to clearly see, before people wasted either a candidacy or a single vote on her.

It was one example, but it was not the totality of what's been heaped on Hillary Clinton. All you have to do is go back and read the political threads on this forum from 1-1/2 years ago, when she looked like a serious Presidential candidate.

Is that why she quit? How do you know? All I know is what she actually said. I can't read her mind.

Other posters made the claim she was treated far worse than Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama. That's where the comparison to Presidents came in. The fact is, for all politicians everywhere, the motto is, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." She couldn't stand it, and got out.

She's obviously not qualified temperamentally to be President, and that's what this whole conversation is about - Sarah Palin as possible Republican presidential nominee. No one is interested in her as Governor of Alaska, except all those Alaskans filing ethics charges against her.

We have all the righty posters of the forum to perform that task.
              I told you once before you would be in the olympics if the game of twister was a sport and win . You actually believe some of the stuff you write , like she was going to be a Presidential candidate !!  That clearly isn't what this thread was about . I'm sure you are aware that the republicans threw her under the bus as an excuse for losing the election that they screwed up themselves with a horrible campaign .  

You have your opinions and I have mine only I haven't heard your opinion on Obama !!   Have you noticed any CHANGES or is it too early ?

I noticed a CHANGE more people unemployed and an increase on daily needs !!

Whens that health care thing happening ?  Oh yeah next election !!

More jobs , better health care , money for your childrens education that you saved under the Obama tax plan !!  

Yes I derailed the thread because the Palin thing is over and you loons don't have to worry she won't be President for you guys to rag on anymore .

RTP

How do I know why she quit !!  Because I'm not like you , I have common sense and don't believe every word out of a politicians mouth it was the political way to quit !!  CHANGE is a good example of people believing in ones words to get elected !!  NO CHANGE !  

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »

I told you once before you would be in the olympics if the game of twister was a sport and win . You actually believe some of the stuff you write , like she was going to be a Presidential candidate !!  That clearly isn't what this thread was about .

I have to differ. The following is a quote from the initial post that started this thread:

"The 2008 vice presidential nominee was seen as a likely presidential contender in 2012 and had proved formidable among the party's base. But the last week brought a highly critical piece in Vanity Fair magazine, with unnamed campaign aides questioning if Palin was ever really prepared for the presidency."

You have your opinions and I have mine only I haven't heard your opinion on Obama !!

For sure Obama is not the subject of this thread.
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »

Earl ,        You are in need of mental help and are the IDIOT for making that stupid post . I wonder if you have any daughters that Alex can knock up between innings that are teenagers ?  I hope you don't have any pregnant unwedded girls in your family because you should have been watching them closer .
I would hate to see you and Earl on a jury if I got caught stealing a loaf of bread asking for mercy that I only did it to feed my family . I'm sure I would get life without parole .

Thanks for the diagnosis, Phil, are you a trained psychologist?
FYI I have two adult daughters. Neither of them got "Knocked up" as teens because they were taught to use contraception when it was needed. No "abstinance only" message from me, I'm not as ignorant as Ms. Palin.
As for me being on your jury, I think you would find a bleeding heart liberal much more willing to give you a break than right-wing wackos.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2009, 12:40:13 PM »

Wow! talk about your fading fortunes! New polls find Americans quite negative on Sarah Palin.

Only 24% believe her bogus quitter story that she resigned for the good of Alaska, while 52% believe it was for the good of Sarah Palin's personal selfish political ambitions. Even Republicans believe it, 36% to 31%.

Only 22% of people believe she would be an effective President.

Only 23% hold a favorable view of her (down from 37% last year), with 37% unfavorable. That's -12. Talk about "in the crapper"!

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/13/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5156705.shtml?tag=stack/

Only 33% of Republicans say she would be an effective President!

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/13/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5154259.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Sure shows you what a minority, lunatic fringe viewpoint our cheerleading, apologist forum far-right Republicans represent.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2009, 12:40:28 PM »

Thanks for the diagnosis, Phil, are you a trained psychologist?
FYI I have two adult daughters. Neither of them got "Knocked up" as teens because they were taught to use contraception when it was needed. No "abstinance only" message from me, I'm not as ignorant as Ms. Palin.
As for me being on your jury, I think you would find a bleeding heart liberal much more willing to give you a break than right-wing wackos.

I dont even know where to start besides that RTP is onto something.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »

Wow! talk about your fading fortunes! New polls find Americans quite negative on Sarah Palin.

Only 24% believe her bogus quitter story that she resigned for the good of Alaska, while 52% believe it was for the good of Sarah Palin's personal selfish political ambitions. Even Republicans believe it, 36% to 31%.

Only 22% of people believe she would be an effective President.

Only 23% hold a favorable view of her (down from 37% last year), with 37% unfavorable. That's -12. Talk about "in the crapper"!

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/13/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5156705.shtml?tag=stack/

Only 33% of Republicans say she would be an effective President!

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/13/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5154259.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Sure shows you what a minority, lunatic fringe viewpoint our cheerleading, apologist forum far-right Republicans represent.

Yep those CBS News Polls ... CBS News, with its lowest viewership ever

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: