Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 03:07:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawthorne!  (Read 1905 times)
nwaryas

« on: February 21, 2006, 06:58:43 PM »

The best trainer to ever train at Hawthorne is Pat Cuccurullo. This guy knew the fronts and back of the track. When he was assistant to Steve Asmussen. Pat took the title with Frank Calabrese. Too bad Pat retired to sell real estate in Arizona. He was a great friend of mine.
Report to moderator   Logged
big wally

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 07:19:07 PM »

If he was the best ever. They should burn Hawthorne tonight.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:27:33 PM »

Unbelievable,  He was the only trainer in Chicago that could not win at a high percentage with the powerful Calabrese stable.  After Frank canned his ass he was through training horses in Chicago because no owner would employ him after that performance.  Put down the Kool-Aid KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »

Nope..I beg to differ with you. Mike Reavis is the best in Chicagoland. He regularly has one of the highest in the money percentages in the trainers standings.
Of course Wayne Catalano has been up there recently with the Calabrese stable under him.
hey hey sunny

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »

Pat couldnt spell horse!!!! believe me!!!! He was a big Rag sheet guy that was it. He had a very good ass. Trainer You are a total nitwit
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 09:23:07 PM »

Hazelton was the king..
Cuc was a butcher....The legs on his horses ONLY started staying on when Magana was hired to be assistant..
Hey speaking of Reavis...He only charges 40 a day??? It is on this site in the trainer advertise section somewhere

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 10:52:04 PM »

didnt cuccurullo and magana both train horses for lothenbach at a nice clip? ok i gotta toss his name out there my trainer steve cholity. a young guy(21) but extremely knowledgeable and a very good person to boot! trained around 30% when he returned to hawthorne last fall from a limited number of starters, in my opinion hes light years ahead of alotta conditioners whove been around a long time! i sincerely believe if he gets the chance hell go very far in this sport, theres nobody else id rather have train for me
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 11:02:07 PM »

Hey Fitz...Is Steven A young lanky kid??? Used to work for Cole?? Or used to work in Weismans barn?? He always seemed like a nice kid if its the same dude..

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 11:05:02 PM »

yeah hes tall and on the skinnier side and yes he did come up under eddie cole, you got the right guy! weisman he used to have a horse i liked when i first started going to the racetrack in my teen years......big foot kid
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 11:10:36 PM »

He won a race at the end of the Meet last year..
He always seemed like he knew what was going on...He seems like he has some people skills to boot..He has a shot. Big Foot kid?? I pride myself on pedigree ...I remember that horse...Who the hell was his sire?? I guess I should stop drinking...LOL..

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 11:18:38 PM »

he won three in a row with sir bunny when he claimed that horse, probaly the horse youre referring to towards the end of the meet was gamblers prize who he claimed in the fall, he took that horse down to turfway about a month ago there and won with him. he does have very good people skills and as i said is a very good person overall, also youre right he does know whats going on and caught on very quickly thus the reason why he went out on his own only at age 20. learning under eddie certainly didnt hurt him whatsoever, ive been told by some who have been around the game longer than me that back in the day eddie cole used to be the man around here. as far as big foot kid goes heres his pedigree and some race info

http://www.pedigreequery.com/big+foot+kid
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 11:24:42 PM by afitzpatricks#1fan » Report to moderator   Logged
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 11:32:36 PM »

I frigging knew it...Friggin Beau Genius...One of my favorite betting horses was Bubba Menkus..By Beau Genius...I have a mare withthe 2nd dam By Bold Ruckus..She is going to Cape Canaveral this year.

I got A Eddie Cole Story...When I was a kid he had a mare Named Mon Papillion who was a decent racer...A grey to boot..My Uncle knew someone that knew Eddie and that was the 1st race horse I ever seen in person at the barn.

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 11:38:04 PM »

Did he train the horse over the poly track? Or just ship? Ive heard home team advantage on the surfice..
Oh A side note...The Reavis site on here is not here anymore...Must have got wind his day rate was advertised at only 40 a day

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 11:49:48 PM »

he actually just shipped the horse down there and ran, eddie martin actually rode him down there for steve in a gate to wire performance. it does appear training and or running over it previously tends to give a advantage to a horse over 1 who hasnt but it didnt matter that day tho even against a pretty solid bunch he ran the horse against, went off@ like 14-1. was supposed to take the ride down to florence ky with them that weekend but had to help a friend of mine move. a couple of people ive talked to believe reavis is the best value for your money on the backstretch. becky maker wins her share and gets results but i believe she charges somewhere around 70+ a day
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 11:54:48 PM »

didnt cuccurullo and magana both train horses for lothenbach at a nice clip?

Yes, I think Pat managed to make a small fortune from a large one for Mr. Lothenbach.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 11:57:11 PM »

Oh A side note...The Reavis site on here is not here anymore...Must have got wind his day rate was advertised at only 40 a day

I don't think anyone charges $40 per day anymore. That was 10 years ago. $60 or $65 is more like normal, as far as I know.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 12:14:07 AM »

I don't think anyone charges $40 per day anymore. That was 10 years ago. $60 or $65 is more like normal, as far as I know.

Terry,
Exbourne was close to correct. Mike charges 42 per day, but says hes going up this year to maybe 50.
He also selects, picks-up, and delivers all of his feed and hay(he says the commercial stuff is to moldy at times), and it's the best feed. Another thing I like is if his foreman "Cip" says a horse is bothered- Mike will jump in the saddle to see for himself.

As far as Pat C. -- As I remember it he was Lothenbachs' main trainer, but when they brought horses here Hector was the guy doing most of the training while Pat was up in Minny at Canterbury and elsewhere. That's how Pat C.  started training for Calabrese because Lothenbach is the Calabrese of the North...LOL...but as I remember it didn't last very long. Then at one point Calabrese had some horses with both Pat C. and Wayne. Wayne did a superior job and hense..BYE BYE Pat C.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 12:23:14 AM »

Exbourne was close to correct. Mike charges 42 per day, but says hes going up this year to maybe 50.

Wow! That's a pretty screaming deal.
nwaryas

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 08:07:53 AM »

Reason Mike Reavis doesn't take the hay from commercial people it due to horses catching EPM.
nwaryas

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 08:09:25 AM »

Pat C. trained for Lothenbach. Lothenbach owns a printing firm. FCL Graphics was better and had high quality.
Luc

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:29 AM »

Nick said the best trainer ever to train at Hawthorne.

Jere R. Smith Sr. had to be one of the best trainers ever at Hawthorne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: