Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 21, 2014, 05:13:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look out for Julien LeParoux!!!  (Read 5121 times)
Table Gambler
If you mess with the BULL you will get the HORNS!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »

I would ride him any day of the week if he is availiable? Hate to see him go to Southern Cal.
Report to moderator   Logged
SandyLoam

« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »

The guy with three wins today so far on the Keeneland card... is that Leparoux I or Leparoux II?  head shake
Leparoux Reboot, he hopes.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2012, 09:58:32 PM »

Gone off to a good start to the Hollywood Park Fall meet. He's got 2 wins. Today, he won the Sharp Cat Stakes on a Tom Proctor runner named Midnight Ballet.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »

For me, he is too "iffy."
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2012, 10:17:23 PM »

For me, he is too "iffy."

Give Him a chance Pam. It'll take him to get him to get to know the connections here and to get use to Hollywood Park. I don't think he'll do great at Hollywood but expect him to be a factor at Santa Anita.

I felt this way about Joel Rosario in NY but proved me wrong. So I think Leparoux will be fine here. He'll blend in good with Joe Talamo and Garrett Gomez. I don't know if he'll ever leading rider like Rafael Bejarano though.
Pal B

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2012, 01:01:01 AM »

That was Saratoga and this is Keeneland. Of course Saratoga is a superior track than Keeneland. But Keeneland is one of the signature meets in America.

Went to both tracks this year and never thought about the prestige angle in handicapping both of them before. I was with a few gamblers who enlightened me to the fact that certain owners insist they win races at these two meets and you can throw the form out. It really helped make it easier to bet horses that would have been otherwise tough to play. That explains some of the huge prices. Also learned about the Wesley Ward/JA Garcia advantage at Keeneland. I knew Ward got bet heavily with young horses, but at Keeneland-Garcia up, he is a great wager at any odds.
Leparoux, in my opinion, can win from anywhere and understands the importance of a bias and saving ground as well as anybody riding. He often hits tickets by skimming the wood with very inferior horses. If he jumps off a contender, especially Maker horse, to a question mark, bet the farm on him!   
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »

Few people on twitter have said he will do fine in their opinion. One tweet said if he is going to make it here hes gonna have to ride more agressively and not always sit back.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: