Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 10:13:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look out for Julien LeParoux!!!  (Read 5872 times)
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »

You weren't even in the BALLPARK.  How can a grown man not know how to spell a simple word like "neutral?"

As for the overall stats (which are readily available to anyone), they weren't even responsive to what was being discussed, namely why Leparoux appeared magically to improve at Saratoga.  Did you even, like, READ those posts?   
Report to moderator   Logged
Illinois sucks

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 08:47:25 AM »

Really because most of the threads were about him only as a turf jock.  His % were pretty much the same either on dirt or turf.  Then post the numbers yourself and stop bickering with everyone.  Your right wasn't in the ballpark 4 hrs in the sun looking at horses, 4hrs in the car, a birthday party in the evening, star gazing at night.  It was late hope spell check picked up some typo's.  I'm so glad I have a great life, great family, that I am a very good commodity trader, and not a stubborn old man like you that rarely has anything nice to say about people.  Yes there I go tooting my horn I don't give a f--k.  So in your response back please not the same o same o well I have no respect for a grown man who can spell every word correctly, or structure the sentence correctly.  Note I already added the toot horn since you may go that direction.  Whatever your response is I don't give a f--k, I will go on leaving your bad karma behind, your just another screen name hiding thinking he is all that shit and then some. 
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »

Ahh, fuggit, why even bother.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:07:48 PM by Yimmy » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2012, 06:04:19 PM »

Hmm... seems the "shell of his former self" Leparoux won 3 races on the opening-day Keeneland card.  Fancy that.  head shake
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »

Are you sure he should go to Southern Calfiornia? He won 3 today at Keeneland including a graded stakes today.

Officially confirmed:

http://www.drf.com/news/leparoux-confirms-move-southern-california-circuit
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 08:30:36 PM »

Did you even READ the post above yours?
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2012, 08:42:56 PM »

Did you even READ the post above yours?

Um yes. I thought today we saw the old Julien Leparoux. I hope this old Julien Leparoux can continue this when he comes to CA.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »

There IS no old or new Julien Leparoux.  When he gets decent mounts, he wins.  It is a function of which trainers he rides for; he doesn't morph into some different being with the changing of the seasons.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »

There IS no old or new Julien Leparoux.  When he gets decent mounts, he wins.  It is a function of which trainers he rides for; he doesn't morph into some different being with the changing of the seasons.

I like his style on turf and polytrack. he's okay on dirt. but i like that julien is winning again, too bad ny didn't work out as planned
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »

It's an interesting move that Julien Leparoux is doing by going there to So.Cal. He tried Southern California like 5 years ago but didn't work due to several cancellations that happened at the time at Santa Anita. His new agent also represents Rafael Bejarano who's the top Southern California jokey out right now. Do you think Julien is doing it because he's going to get married to Mike Mitchell's daughter Shea? Maybe since Mike had a health scare this year and maybe Julien is willing to be close to his in-laws.

Anyway, going back on the move well I think that he should've made the decision to come here when the Del Mar meet began and right away when Joel Rosario was going to leave Southern California for New York. Julien wanted to see how he did at at Saratoga which was a moderate success and didn't get the kind of success in NY that he had hoped for like he was having in Kentucky. It's good that he's joining the Southern California riding colony since we did lose a major talent in Rosario and adding Leparoux to the colony seems to make the colony look great again.

With the jockeys here in California, I don't think guys like Bejarano and Garrett Gomez, maybe even Joe Talamo aren't going to affect their businesses. So will it affect the businesses of Edwin Maldonado or Martin Garcia??? Will he hurt the business of the return of Tyler Baze??? Maybe he'll take business away from Maldonado, Garcia and Baze but I don't think he won't hurt Bejarano, Gomez or Talamo. Leparoux will probably round out the top 5 between 4th or 5th.

The only way Julien will make it here is if the top trainers use him. If you want to be a top jockey then you need to be riding for guys like Bob Baffert, Doug O'Neill, Pete Miller, John Sadler and Mike Mitchell to be able to be relevant.

I remember when Julien was starting out winning titles left and right in Kentucky just like the way Bejarano was too. At one point, Leparoux and Bejarano were battling out titles at both Keeneland and Churchill Downs. That was fun to watch for a couple years and certainly both have gone on to have continued success. Of course Leparoux does have an Eclipse Award twice for both Outstanding Apprentice and Jockey. Sure would be nice to see an Eclipse Award winner do their campaign out in Southern California and I'd like to see Bejarano win one too since Bejarano is getting quality of mounts like a Bob Baffert.

This year it's been mixed for Julien with his success this year and maybe the Southern California may work out this time and maybe the circuit he can make outside of KY. I think Julien's talent is on turf and put him on a horse that can come from behind and win with clear sailing then he's going to win. I think Julien will do fine and it'll take time and I think he'll be winning races on turf.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »

Why did I even bother?

Carry on...
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48:11 PM »

Why did I even bother?

Carry on...

just explaining my opinion
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2012, 06:05:56 AM »

I like his style on turf and polytrack. he's okay on dirt. but i like that julien is winning again, too bad ny didn't work out as planned

He won 23 races and $2 million+ (hence over 100K in his pocket) at the best race meet in the country.  He is not suddenly "winning again." 
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »

He won 23 races and $2 million+ (hence over 100K in his pocket) at the best race meet in the country.  He is not suddenly "winning again." 

That was Saratoga and this is Keeneland. Of course Saratoga is a superior track than Keeneland. But Keeneland is one of the signature meets in America.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »

Well, well, well... the "shell of his former self" Leparoux is now running away with the Keeneland meet. 

Must've been an uptick in his 'crit and Hgb. head shake screwy screwy
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »

Will have heavy competition on the way when he comes to Southern California
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »

...and?
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2012, 07:37:54 PM »

...and?

feels like the old julien leparoux is back and i think we will see him continue it here in southern california.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2012, 07:40:39 PM »

It's been the same Leparoux all along; there is no "old" Leparoux, nor is there a "new" one.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »

It's been the same Leparoux all along; there is no "old" Leparoux, nor is there a "new" one.

at belmont i saw a leparoux that i've never seen before. he had a better saratoga and likely will be leading rider at keeneland.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2012, 07:57:19 PM »

Uhh, he IS the leading rider at Keeneland, and his success at Saratoga was because Steve Asmussen shipped in a bunch of live horses from Churchill and other outatown tracks that weren't in NY for the spring Belmont meet.  How many times does that basic fact have to be repeated for you?
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2012, 10:26:45 PM »

Uhh, he IS the leading rider at Keeneland, and his success at Saratoga was because Steve Asmussen shipped in a bunch of live horses from Churchill and other outatown tracks that weren't in NY for the spring Belmont meet.  How many times does that basic fact have to be repeated for you?

A big fat zero!! He better hope assmussen send a string to california in the winter so it can help his business here a bit in california. Though him and corey nakatani would battle for the top horses in that barn if that happens.
SandyLoam

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »

Leparoux was better when he was younger and didn't know all of what he was doing. I used to look longer at his horses. Now, he seems to get his mount in bad situations more often and I don't like him in the biggest races. He doesn't get the good trip as often.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2012, 10:32:23 AM »

I guess the guy who's running away with the Keeneland meet is the OTHER Julien Leparoux.  head shake
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »

The guy with three wins today so far on the Keeneland card... is that Leparoux I or Leparoux II?  head shake
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: