Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 19, 2014, 12:58:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: southern rocketop  (Read 3703 times)
mayor

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:47 AM »

i see southern rocketop is in a qualifier at paducha today. new trainer from last years 2 year old season. Robert Taylor.
mayor
Report to moderator   Logged
noc

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:04:59 AM »

i see southern rocketop is in a qualifier at paducha today. new trainer from last years 2 year old season. Robert Taylor.
mayor
Good solid conditioner....I consider it an improvement.  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up beer beer beer Good Luck this year to all of the connections.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »

Trainer is from Tennessee and owners are from Tennessee i think it's a nice fit . Robert Taylor has had lots of success the past few years with trotters . Whatever happened to posts that Southern Rockettop was being sold for big $$$ last fall ? With the condition of Illinois racing falling i think it may not be long before this horse is sold for big $$$ if he comes back racing big !!
Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »

I agree with noc.  Robert Taylor is a throwback to the old driver-trainer days but is  not hesitant to use a catch driver when the purses are good.  He works hard, keeps a small stable, and is a great catch for the Rockettop.  Thanks, Bobby, for all the fun "cashes" this decade, and may the horse be with you.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:04:52 AM »

Southern rockettop won his qualifier by 11 lengths at players bluegrass April 24Th
Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:06:58 PM »

Great news.  Go, Bobby, go!!
freak

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 07:45:35 PM »

Last quarter was not impressive on paper, but I'm not sure how this guy trains. Some train them to death and they snap off last quarters early, and some train them light and let them race tight. Let's hope this guy is the latter.

I wish him luck, it's not often a horse of his caliber comes along. I'll likely go my whole life and not have a 2 yo that can trot like that.
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 10:20:59 PM »

Southern Rocketop headed to Canada   I was told Brian Carpenter will drive.  Any guess how fast this 3 yr old gelding will trot this year/  I think a 1:51 or better is a real possiblity.   
noc

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 11:11:21 PM »

Southern Rocketop headed to Canada   I was told Brian Carpenter will drive.  Any guess how fast this 3 yr old gelding will trot this year/  I think a 1:51 or better is a real possiblity.   
Was out there last night...Looks like Taylor got him to relax.   Homer went by and SR sat the pocket..When asked to go by did it effortlessly.
28.1   56   125.2   153.3  under wraps...
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:02:15 AM »

Good luck up North to this trotter and all his connections....agree with Noc as it looks like he's matured to the point he can relax off the pace.....he's going to need to do that sometimes if he goes in against the best in North America....

I think its an interesting decision to keep Carpenter on this horse....I dont think everyone in the same situation would make that choice....Im sure there are some that would opt to use a different driver.....if it were my call I would be of the belief that Carpenter has been driving all along....and that hes earned the right to drive the horse in open company against the best....I would be open to changing my mind though if things didnt work out well after a couple starts up there...Good luck Brian !!

What does everyone else think about the decision on who should drive this horse when he heads north?  If you owned or trained would you stay with Carpenter??
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 11:07:22 AM »

Not in a million years would I pull Carpy off that horse, and replace with a "so called top driver".

If he was a pacer, I might. But a trotter, IMO its hard enough to get one going, the last thing I would do is change anything!
FILLYNATION

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 02:51:56 PM »

Carpenter is the best choice of all Illinois drivers for rockettop . I think the adage of if it's not broken why fix it !
Good luck to all the connections
mr clean

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »

This horse was well trained by Minique Bernardi and Gerry Hansen here last year, and raced very well all year. The only reason they don't have the horse , is that the owners wanted to keep the horse down in Tennessee over the Winter, and Robert Taylor is located near the owners base of operations. Let's not throw stones here, on a magnificent job done with this horse in 2008 ! trophy trophy trophy
Double Joker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »

Best of luck to Carp and the connections. Reminds me of the "old days" and a word called LOYALTY!          flag clover
NIATROSS

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 07:31:37 PM »

Better than 51 ? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »

Good luck up North to this trotter and all his connections....agree with Noc as it looks like he's matured to the point he can relax off the pace.....he's going to need to do that sometimes if he goes in against the best in North America....

I think its an interesting decision to keep Carpenter on this horse....I dont think everyone in the same situation would make that choice....Im sure there are some that would opt to use a different driver.....if it were my call I would be of the belief that Carpenter has been driving all along....and that hes earned the right to drive the horse in open company against the best....I would be open to changing my mind though if things didnt work out well after a couple starts up there...Good luck Brian !!

What does everyone else think about the decision on who should drive this horse when he heads north?  If you owned or trained would you stay with Carpenter??
Don't forget Brian has had over 100 judges rulings, over $10,000 in fines, , over 250 days on suspension, and I think rather then go to anger management classes he left IN. Are you sure he can get a license anywhere other then IL.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »

From Woodbine web site.  Race 4  Saturday  June 20th  Brain Carpenter up
4 -- Trot, purse $30,000 (EX, TR, W4)
GOODTIMES TROT - ELIMINATION - 3 YEAR OLDS
STARTING FEE $2,500 CDN  $2,300 U.S.
Post time: 08:33 P.M.         Lasix: 04:18 P.M.
   1 Winning Mister                     Ra Waples           J Arledge                                   
   2 Zero Boundaries                    P Macdonell         J Bax                                       
   3 Aden Hanover                       P Henriksen         P Henriksen                                 
   4 Lukas Rossi=                       J Moiseyev          R Oneill                                     
   5 Southern Rocketop                  B Carpenter         R Taylor                                     
   6 Hibbler                            M Saftic            H Poulton                                   
   7 Illusionsndreams                   S Condren           T Durand                                     

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:16:33 PM by sleepless » Report to moderator   Logged
noc

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »

Call me  maroon but I think SR can trot with this bunch, if not win this one.
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 01:01:19 PM »

Best of luck to Carp and the connections. Reminds me of the "old days" and a word called LOYALTY!          flag clover

loyalty to the driver....but not the 2 yr old trainer....interesting...
pezz97

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »

Call me  maroon but I think SR can trot with this bunch, if not win this one.
Now how can you say that? You don't know who any of the other horses are and you have not recieved your Mohawk Program for Sat yet!  Grin
noc

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »

Now how can you say that? You don't know who any of the other horses are and you have not recieved your Mohawk Program for Sat yet!  Grin
Never stopped me before from making bold predictions.
pezz97

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 06:31:50 PM »

Never stopped me before from making bold predictions.
beer
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 09:03:25 AM »

Trot, purse $30,000 (EX, TR, W4)
GOODTIMES TROT - ELIMINATION - 3 YEAR OLDS
STARTING FEE $2,500 CDN  $2,300 U.S.
Post time: 08:33 P.M.         Lasix: 04:18 P.M.
   1 Winning Mister                     Ra Waples           J Arledge             9-2                   
   2 Zero Boundaries                    P Macdonell         J Bax                 7-2                   
   3 Aden Hanover                       P Henriksen         P Henriksen          20-1                   
   4 Lukas Rossi=                       J Moiseyev          R Oneill              8-1                   
   5 Southern Rocketop                  B Carpenter         R Taylor              1-1                   
   6 Hibbler                            M Saftic            H Poulton            15-1                   
   7 Illusionsndreams                   S Condren           T Durand              5-1                   

pezz97

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 01:26:25 PM »

Bold perdiction Noc, he is even money  Cheesy
noc

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »

Bold perdiction Noc, he is even money  Cheesy

Those Canucks recognize a superior animal and a top flight driver.  medal medal
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print