Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 06:45:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: steward's rule //no action against detention barn security//  (Read 3561 times)
clockerbob

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:06:28 PM »

http://www.drf.com/news/article/103095.html

If there was the slightest question of whether or not something was appropriate, that item was prohibited. No items that I brought into the NYRA detention barn on April 4 were questioned after the required examination by NYRA personneL

http://www.horseraceinsider.com/blog.php/At-the-Races

Security personnel at the barn, however, contend that both the substance and syringe were concealed, in fact smuggled into the barn. Mullins has raced in New York before
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:45:44 PM by clockerbob » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:10:28 AM »

Read the article thoroughly -- it does NOT say that there was "no action against detention barn security". It is unlikely that any specifics will be divulged about whether the security personnel were disciplined or not. 

Just another clockerbob embellishment, just as night follows day.
Report to moderator   Logged
clockerbob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »

one report states that Mullins was allowed in the detention
barn with a syringe and was observed
administering with a syringe and was allowed to
wash out said syringe and one turf
writer reported
that mullins hide the syringe and
the detention guards were unaware of syringe..
Horse Voice

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:05:16 AM »

wash out said syringe and one turf
writer reported
that mullins hide the syringe and
the detention guards were unaware of syringe..

Yes, that was in the "clockerbob report".

You have posted this repeatedly. Repeatedly. With no attribution.

And strangely enough, I can't find a credible source that can back this up. Go figure.
NIATROSS

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »

Swift justice when compared to CA.Wait a While tested positive in the BC last yr and 6 months later they have not even decided on a purse redistribution yet.They have not even scheduled a hearing yet for Pletcher the trainer.

clockerbob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:44:46 PM »

'Security personnel at the barn, however, contend that both the substance and syringe were concealed, in fact smuggled into the barn. Mullins has raced in New York before"

Edwarren

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 02:54:01 PM »

Sheikmo is "voluntarily investigating himself" after his winning horse, two horses actually, were found doped during a popular endurance trial in the Emirates. Sheikbos wife Jordans Princess Haya actively hunts down juicers through her anti-juicing association.

jeez. Like Sarah palin and Sheikmo, Mullins should "voluntarily investigate himself". Won't that solve your molehill into a mountain problem? Hasn't he already admitted he's negligent? gee whiz.
Horse Voice

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

'Security personnel at the barn, however, contend that both the substance and syringe were concealed, in fact smuggled into the barn."

The security guys said the stuff was smuggled in, eh? What a surprise!

Makes sense, if they said that...although the blog author (Paul Moran) didn't name the guards, nor attribute the quotes -- piss poor reporting there.

But whatever. Those guards want to hang on to their jobs. If I saw the stuff in the bucket but then got questioned about it later, I would have lied, too -- then it's all on the trainer, and none on me.

What about this other stuff? (that I think you made up):

wash out said syringe

Do you have some other obscure blog to back this up? And if so, the part about Mullins being "observed administering with a syringe" would seem to contradict the Moran blog where the security guards pulled a "Sgt. Schultz", and knew nothing: "it was smuggled in".

Face it, the security guards f'd up, too. They might as well have had Barney Fife watching the detention barn, with his bullet in his pocket and his head up his ass.

Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 03:13:26 PM »

Here's the lone comment to that article:

Howard Leeds says:
12 Apr 2009  at  03:54 pm | #

Another negative column by Paul Moran!!
What a shock. Retire already,you washwomen!!

Horse Voice, is that you??

maroon maroon maroon maroon maroon
Horse Voice

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 04:06:40 PM »

No. I don't see the Moran article as positive or negative...just obscure and not particularly well done.

It would have had more teeth if it had direct, attributable quotes from the security guards; the way Moran wrote it, he could claim that he heard it from somebody, which would make it a "friend of a friend" story...which is what passes for fact with clockerbob, apparently.
clockerbob

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »

It is my belief that another trainer observed Mullins administering
and beefed to the authorities....
Horse Voice

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 10:19:42 AM »

It is my belief that another trainer observed Mullins administering
and beefed to the authorities....

What is this (latest) "belief" based upon?

Is it an offshoot of your "Turn System"?

Maybe it's the "Turn-In System"!
NIATROSS

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 08:40:13 AM »

jeez. Like Sarah palin and Sheikmo, Mullins should "voluntarily investigate himself". Won't that solve your molehill into a mountain problem? Hasn't he already admitted he's negligent? gee whiz.

I don't think I read where he admitted he was negligent.He spun every angle and none stuck and now says he just wants it over.
Edwarren

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »

Somewhere, I read he was willing to accept a $2,500 fine and a suspension and chose not to appeal. Also, as I recall he pretty much said without equivication, he made a mistake.
NIATROSS

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 10:27:32 AM »

Somewhere, I read he was willing to accept a $2,500 fine and a suspension and chose not to appeal. Also, as I recall he pretty much said without equivication, he made a mistake.

Yes he did accept the lesser penalty in lieu of an appeal.I did not see anywhere where  he admitted making a mistake.After all the B.S. he tried throwing against the wall and none of it sticking he gave up trying to act innocent.
Edwarren

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »

Yes he did accept the lesser penalty in lieu of an appeal.I did not see anywhere where  he admitted making a mistake.After all the B.S. he tried throwing against the wall and none of it sticking he gave up trying to act innocent.

"To put an end to this unfortunate event, I take responsibility for the infraction and accept the penalty imposed,'' Mullins said. "I have dedicated my life to caring for Thoroughbred racehorses. I owe it to I Want Revenge, his owners, the racing fans, and, indeed, the entire racing industry to end this distraction now.''
-DRF April 20th.

Shouldn't this be good enough for most readers? You might find a few around who feel its not enough. Are you one of them?

clockerbob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 03:06:18 PM »

Mullins is OK/just doing what all modern trainers do.
The problem is Mullins was allowed to administer a oral
syringe loaded with ? over 1,000 times combined  in both
New York and Calif before being hauled in and I believe
the only reason that he was hauled in was that somebody beefed
and not BECAUSE OF DETENTION BARN security, stewards or horse safety in Calif or new york
NIATROSS

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 03:34:44 PM »

"To put an end to this unfortunate event, I take responsibility for the infraction and accept the penalty imposed,'' Mullins said. "I have dedicated my life to caring for Thoroughbred racehorses. I owe it to I Want Revenge, his owners, the racing fans, and, indeed, the entire racing industry to end this distraction now.''
-DRF April 20th.

Shouldn't this be good enough for most readers? You might find a few around who feel its not enough. Are you one of them?

Your original post said he admitted he was " NEGLIGENT " .I do not see anywhere where he admitted to being negligent.The comment you just copied says TO PUT THIS TO AN END does not sound like he is admitting being negligent and just wants it to go away.Of course he is responsible everyone knows he walked in with the stuff.Why did he walk in with the stuff ?

You as the registered owner of the car your driving that caused an accident are responible for the damages to the other vehicle.Are you negligent because lightning struck a tree that ended up hitting your car and forcing you into the other lane ?

Are you one of those people who believed MEL GIBSON or any other celebrity when they apologize after the FACT for racist or insensitive remarks ?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:55:01 PM by NIATROSS » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 03:53:18 PM »

Are you one of those people who believed MEL GIBSON or any other celebrity when they apologize after the FACT for racist or insensitive remarks ?

When should he apologize, then? Before? Not at all?

Sounds to me like, once you've made up your mind about a guy, he can't do anything right.
NIATROSS

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »

When should he apologize, then? Before? Not at all?

Sounds to me like, once you've made up your mind about a guy, he can't do anything right.

We all make mistakes and everyione deserves a second chance.When they wait to apologize only after it blows up in the media I don't fall for the spiel.Let them make amends in private to those they offended immediately like OBAMA did with the remark about Special Olympics.
Edwarren

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 04:52:09 PM »

We all make mistakes and everyione deserves a second chance.When they wait to apologize only after it blows up in the media I don't fall for the spiel.

You don't have to buy it, though most people will agree that, at times, it requires the weight of public opinion to see ones error clearly. Otherwise there could be no redemption. But not you, right? You'll find people who always choose to be hard assed over persons errors in judgement and public embarrassment, I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:03:11 PM by Edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
NIATROSS

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 05:06:59 PM »

You don't have to buy it, though most people will agree that, at times, it requires the weight of public opinion to see ones error clearly. Otherwise there could be no redemption. But not you, right? You'll find people who always choose to be hard assed over persons errors in judgement and public embarrassment, I suppose.

I never felt qualified to be able to speak for " MOST PEOPLE " without the data to back it up. I do not envy your ability in that area.If a person requires the weight of public opinion to see they clearly have made an error they need help IMO.
Edwarren

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 05:35:12 PM »

I never felt qualified to be able to speak for " MOST PEOPLE " without the data to back it up. I do not envy your ability in that area.If a person requires the weight of public opinion to see they clearly have made an error they need help IMO.

Sorry you lack that feeling. Furthermore, pleas to commonality or "common sense" don't require proof. They are pleas that speak for themselves.  We're way off the subject.
Under the weight of public opinion, Mullins sincerely apologized, accepted the fine and took full responsibility for his negligence. Good enough for most people. Prove otherwise. What more coaxing (or "help" as you call it) is required. Do you want a stiffer fine?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:38:49 PM by Edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »

We all make mistakes and everyione deserves a second chance.When they wait to apologize only after it blows up in the media I don't fall for the spiel.Let them make amends in private to those they offended immediately like OBAMA did with the remark about Special Olympics.

Except that the fine and penalty were already assessed -- Mullins had nothing to gain from making the apology. He could have simply walked away from it without saying anything.

Then you could take a shot at him for not showing any remorse whatsoever, I suppose. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's pretty clear your mind was already made up to not give the guy a fair shake.
NIATROSS

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »

Sorry you lack that feeling. Furthermore, pleas to commonality or "common sense" don't require proof. They are pleas that speak for themselves.  We're way off the subject.
Under the weight of public opinion, Mullins sincerely apologized, accepted the fine and took full responsibility for his negligence. Good enough for most people. Prove otherwise. What more coaxing (or "help" as you call it) is required. Do you want a stiffer fine?

Yes, I want stiffer fines for all infractions.
NIATROSS

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »

Except that the fine and penalty were already assessed -- Mullins had nothing to gain from making the apology. He could have simply walked away from it without saying anything.

Then you could take a shot at him for not showing any remorse whatsoever, I suppose. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's pretty clear your mind was already made up to not give the guy a fair shake.

Nothing to gain ?  doh doh doh doh doh doh doh

How about a little PR job to try and improve his image and make himself look good after he just got busted.Yes,I did make up my mind.He was guilty of breaking the rules and the facts supported it.How did I not give him a fair shake ? Just cuz the guy tried to pass off part of the  blame on the security team ? His list of infractions continues to grow while the game suffers and I did not give him a fair shake ?
Horse Voice

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 09:46:11 PM »

Nothing to gain ?  doh doh doh doh doh doh doh

How about a little PR job to try and improve his image and make himself look good after he just got busted.

Maybe if you'd stop  doh  slapping your forehead, you could think clearly.

Come on now -- who did his apology influence? You?

Those that think the guy is guilty as sin and use him as a poster boy for "all that is wrong with the game" still don't like the guy after the apology. Others (like me) who think that he just pushes everything to the limit, and (unfortunately) crosses the line from time to time, didn't care if he apologized or not.

Who's left? Who was influenced by his apology? To whom is he "spinning"?

No one, that's who.

Yes,I did make up my mind.

So, no matter how heartfelt the apology might be -- and we don't really know if it was or wasn't -- doesn't matter to you. Guy made a mistake (or, "another mistake", if you prefer) -- cut his head off, the end.

You do get points for honesty, though -- but then you immediately lose them for having a closed mind.
NIATROSS

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 07:23:03 AM »

Maybe if you'd stop  doh  slapping your forehead, you could think clearly.

Come on now -- who did his apology influence? You?

Those that think the guy is guilty as sin and use him as a poster boy for "all that is wrong with the game" still don't like the guy after the apology. Others (like me) who think that he just pushes everything to the limit, and (unfortunately) crosses the line from time to time, didn't care if he apologized or not.

Who's left? Who was influenced by his apology? To whom is he "spinning"?

No one, that's who.

So, no matter how heartfelt the apology might be -- and we don't really know if it was or wasn't -- doesn't matter to you. Guy made a mistake (or, "another mistake", if you prefer) -- cut his head off, the end.

You do get points for honesty, though -- but then you immediately lose them for having a closed mind.

Interesting how in another thread you posted the claiming game is infested with crooks yet you seem to think that some trainers like Mullins just push the limits more than others.
Horse Voice

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »

Interesting how in another thread you posted the claiming game is infested with crooks yet you seem to think that some trainers like Mullins just push the limits more than others.

These positions are not inconsistent, if you would have just asked.

When the backside of any track catches wind of any guy with money to spend, that's when the flim-flam men appear: the less-than-honest-and-capable trainer, the so-called "bloodstock agent", etc...any and all of whom want to be your "friend" and "help you find a good horse"...for a small fee, of course. Uh, yeah, no thanks.

About the only thing these guys are going to help you find is a hole in the pocket where your money was.

Now, what is it that you think any of this has to do with Jeff Mullins, Mr. All Wise And Knowing? Where's that head-slap icon?
NIATROSS

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 10:24:40 AM »

These positions are not inconsistent, if you would have just asked.

When the backside of any track catches wind of any guy with money to spend, that's when the flim-flam men appear: the less-than-honest-and-capable trainer, the so-called "bloodstock agent", etc...any and all of whom want to be your "friend" and "help you find a good horse"...for a small fee, of course. Uh, yeah, no thanks.

About the only thing these guys are going to help you find is a hole in the pocket where your money was.

Now, what is it that you think any of this has to do with Jeff Mullins, Mr. All Wise And Knowing? Where's that head-slap icon?

Thank You for the compliment.

If you choose to believe that is different then the same trainers coming up positive or breaking the rules when a " NEW MEDICINE " comes along  that's up to you.They both have someone taking money from one hand and giving to the other.Cheating / stealing  is the same in my book.
Horse Voice

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 11:13:51 AM »

Cheating / stealing  is the same in my book.

Depends on who is benefitting from it, doesn't it?

For example, it might be considered "cheating" to sell fireworks to Illinois residents when you know it is clearly illegal for those people to have said fireworks...but hey, as long as you are making money, it's OK to turn a blind eye to it. Right?

Point is, get off your moral high horse. You're not "above it all". If you had horses with a trainer and he was making you money, I seriously doubt that you'd be asking too many questions about how he's getting it done. And neither would I.
NIATROSS

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »

Depends on who is benefitting from it, doesn't it?

For example, it might be considered "cheating" to sell fireworks to Illinois residents when you know it is clearly illegal for those people to have said fireworks...but hey, as long as you are making money, it's OK to turn a blind eye to it. Right?

Point is, get off your moral high horse. You're not "above it all". If you had horses with a trainer and he was making you money, I seriously doubt that you'd be asking too many questions about how he's getting it done. And neither would I.

I am not on any moral high horse and do not claim to be above it all.I have broken plenty of rules / laws in my life and have paid the price for doing so.I did not cry about the law being too severe I just accepted my punishment and moved on.I have posted  more than once I am for tougher laws in all walks of life.The tougher the law is the more it has stopped me from doing some things I should not be doing.Just like the recent tax increases on cigarettes if you make the price / penalties high enough for the infractions the amount will come down.

How is it considered cheating for someone in  IN to sell someone fireworks from IL who crossed the state line ?  Just like the trainer who knowingly uses drugs illegally  not the trainer who provided the drugs the person buying the fireworks is the one breaking the rules / law.

Bad analogy on your part.You say it can be considered cheating for the person selling the fireworks to do so yet you will not call Mullins a cheater only that he pushes the limits.
Horse Voice

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »

How is it considered cheating for someone in  IN to sell someone fireworks from IL who crossed the state line ?  Just like the trainer who knowingly uses drugs illegally not the trainer who provided the drugs the person buying the fireworks is the one breaking the rules / law.

Bad analogy on your part.You say it can be considered cheating for the person selling the fireworks to do so yet you will not call Mullins a cheater only that he pushes the limits.

Only a bad analogy when you rewrite what I wrote in your own hand.

I didn't say it was cheating for someone in Indiana to sell fireworks to someone from Illinois. I said it "might be considered" cheating. It's definitely pushing the limits. If some kid in Illinois got hurt from fireworks purchased in Indiana, there might not be criminal penalties, but civil action is definitely possible. Just copping an attitude of "hey, it's legal here" doesn't always work in civil jurisprudence.

The fireworks example isn't much different than one where someone who lives where coca leaves are grown and considered to be legal to deal in those leaves with someone who clearly has illegalities in mind.

Shades of gray -- that's what we are talking about here. You want to shut Mullins down for his pushing the limits. Folks here in Illinois want to shut down the Indiana fireworks sellers. The U.S. wants to shut down the coca leaf growers.

All peas in the same pod. Just depends on whether or not it's YOUR ox that is getting gored.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 03:31:23 PM »

Since this thread is focusing on legality, I hope it's OK to ask my question here instead of starting a new one.  (It's not exactly about horse racing0

Who should be in trouble in the case of the poison polo ponies?  The pharmacy, of course, but what about the legality issue with the drug and who decided to use it?  It's all very confusing to me.
Edwarren

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 03:42:44 PM »

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:23:19 PM by Edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/30/sports/30horse.html?_r=1&ref=sports
General Powell

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 07:49:34 PM »

What is really irritating is that the TVG guys and others in the media will continue to act like Mullins is just a wonderful and upright individual and never mention the long trail of violations that he has. Another reason for some type of National Racing Board.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »

TVG is trying to sell it's product and right or wrong as long as guys like Mullins give nice paddock interviews TVG will continue to fawn all over them. Talking about trainers busted for drug violations doesn't help TVG sell it's product.
servicetech

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »

MULLINS IS A JERK JUST LIKE HALF THE CALIFORNIA CROP ,,,REALLY WHAT HAPPENED WAS THAT IT WAS MULLINS HEROIN IN THAT NEEDLE FOR HIS OWN USE,,,THEY JUST BLAMED IT ON THE HORSE
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 11:17:11 PM »

A big Hello to you Moon from Samstar

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: