Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 04:54:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: waiting to see Friday's entries at Hawthorne  (Read 1581 times)
laurajean

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I have been feeling like the kid waiting for Santa Claus, eagerly awaiting Fridays PPS for Hawthorne.

And of course I will have my same resolutions for the new meet.
wait for the overlays
keep track of my wins and losses
handicap before I get to the track
concentrate on the races not on socializing Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I am working on doing trip notes. I have a hard enough time keeping track one horse much less 9 or 10
anyone have any hints?
Report to moderator   Logged
edwarren

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 03:39:47 PM »

Tip: Watch for speed down the backstretch. Good indicator of a horse's ability.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 05:17:56 PM »

Yup Lj I can't wait either. Only 2 more days till they draw for opening day. It's driving me nuts. Even though I occassionally bet other tracks during the dark time, because I don't follow them closely, I rarely win much.
I do good at both Hawthorne and Arlington. I hope Greg the track super grades the same way he did late last year. The speed really picked up, and any horse (speed, middle, or closers) had a chance. He made a huge improvement from earlier in the meet where first out of the gate horses won.
robertv

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 06:14:33 PM »

laurajean,

I too wish I could be at Hawthorne for opening day but alas,
I'll be in Orlando,FL. for the PMA Trade Show. Oh well, at least
the weather should be nice in Florida.

BTW -  the great John Franks politely asked me to
longer be "rude" to you - request granted Smiley
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 07:56:09 PM »

I too wish I could be at Hawthorne for opening day but alas, I'll be in Orlando,FL. for the PMA Trade Show. Oh well, at least the weather should be nice in Florida.

Do you get to stay at the Peabody and watch the ducks walk through? Man, that's well worth the $8 jillion per night they charge there. Have fun, and find a way to sneak out an afternoon and drive over to Tampa Bay Downs.
David

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 10:32:41 PM »

I thought that duck thing was in Peabody Hotel in Memphis.
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 11:04:43 PM »

Looking forward to seeing Gary The Neighbor??? Rick Evans, Gary Louviere... Diaz?Huh How about super Jock Gallatano???
Early winter racing in Stickney....BE THERE!!!

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 11:16:28 PM »

I thought that duck thing was in Peabody Hotel in Memphis.

They had them at the Orlando one, too. Of course, it was 1986 or 1987 I stayed there. The ducks may have died by now.

Based on this, though, maybe not.

http://www.peabodyorlando.com/home.cfm
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 11:20:32 PM »

Looking forward to seeing Gary The Neighbor??? Rick Evans, Gary Louviere... Diaz?Huh How about super Jock Gallatano???
Early winter racing in Stickney....BE THERE!!!

And be sure to catch Gary's summer campaign at Arlington, as well.

Gary the Neighbor ... now there's a horse that should get some sort of Illinois bred award.

g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 12:32:54 AM »

poor gary i feel sorry for that horse. right after he broke the nw3L last year at the thorne they immediately threw him back in the a other than for i dont know how many times. the horse does try and would show some results if they actually ran him@the proper level! even with the current state racing here is in im with some of you's and am excited for friday and this weekend to be here and for racing to resume even tho this weekend the forecast calls for snow right now, for some reason i think were gonna have a couple snowstorms in march.
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 12:33:34 AM »

I too wish I could be at Hawthorne for opening day but alas, I'll be in Orlando,FL. for the PMA Trade Show. Oh well, at least the weather should be nice in Florida.

HEY, thats where I am going to be too..........are you a buyer or are you showing product?? Please let me know! Although I'm not leaving until Saturday so I will be at Hawthorne for a bit on Friday.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 02:09:12 AM »

HEY, thats where I am going to be too..........are you a buyer or are you showing product?? Please let me know! Although I'm not leaving until Saturday so I will be at Hawthorne for a bit on Friday.

Hey Jim
Is PMA something like PMS? Ya know they have some good medication for that these days.....
Horse Voice

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 08:07:54 AM »

>the horse does try and would show some results if they actually ran him@the proper level!

This is my biggest complaint about thoroughbred owners / trainers, especially in Illinois: they over-classify their horses. Constantly.

Why? I'm not sure about all of them, but some look at their horses like pets: "Put him in a claimer? Heavens, no -- we can't lose Skippy!" Even though "Skippy" might not care about them very much, as long as he's eating on a regular basis.

Here's hoping that some of these lunkheads open their eyes and realize that horses are naturally competitive animals who need a spot where they can compete, and I don't care what you paid for the beast -- horseflesh is worth about 59 cents a pound until it starts winning. Put 'em in the $5K N2L or N3L where they belong.

robertv

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 09:13:17 AM »

Jim,

We'll be showing our awesome new line-up of cameras, I arrive Wednesday as
we have sales meetings for several days before the show.

Not staying at the Peabody, but the Caribe Royale - which is a pretty nice place too.

Good luck at Hawthorne on Friday - hope you kick home some winners Smiley
Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 01:12:37 AM »

Robert,
Which company do you work for? I have my own business and import from a number of factories a full line of cameras, LCD TV's, DVD players etc. I sell mostly under the Bell+Howell name. I have been in this business since 1978! Maybe we can have a beer at some point!
Have a safe trip!
RJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 02:54:47 PM »

The entries are up on DRF.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: