Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 06:49:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When does Chicago circuit move to AP??  (Read 2228 times)
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 07:37:50 PM »

In the first race Monday you have uncoupled entries from Rivelli and Gorham in a 6 horse field. That's bad.
4th race uncoupled entries again from 2 different trainers in a 6 horse field.

In some cases, the 2nd horse might be entered just to fill up the race so it will go for the one that is better intended.  The other one may scratch, or get some exercise.  Plus there might be some favor-trading with the racing secretary - you help me fill races, I'll see if I can put together a race that will suit your horse - and try to drum up enough competition to make that race go as well. 
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 07:41:33 PM »

So the real question does become two questions-- What is the handle on out of state races, and what percentage goes to the track, purse fund, breeding fund etc.

It's no great secret. Anyone can read the racing law, visit the IRB's website and see these numbers for past years, or look at past and present ITHA purse reports to see more current numbers. Various figures about all this have been posted on this forum ever since Janine first started it.

If in fact no one really cares about on track action (both Live and Simo) then does the out of state simulcast revenue bet here in Illinois act somewhat like slots do in some other locations-- ie--supporting a product that there is no demand for??

That's basically the truth, with the small difference that it's actually horse racing, and there's really no part of it that's a tax gift to racing. Simulcasting supports many of the racing programs in the U.S., as horseplayers everywhere are uniformly convinced the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
NYRA 792

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »

In some cases, the 2nd horse might be entered just to fill up the race so it will go for the one that is better intended.  The other one may scratch, or get some exercise.  Plus there might be some favor-trading with the racing secretary - you help me fill races, I'll see if I can put together a race that will suit your horse - and try to drum up enough competition to make that race go as well. 

It looks bad from a public perception perspective. Racing already has a shady enough reputation as it is.
Scav

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »

If the Supreme Court declines to hear the case and the first $90 million or so is cleared, there will probably be another lawsuit to hold it up, as there are apparently still a number of horsemen insisting on looking to the past, and demanding the money be applied to purses retroactively. Probably a plot with Arlington behind it.  Wink 

Why would Arlington want to retro the purses? That is completely 100% opposite of what they want.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »

Why would Arlington want to retro the purses? That is completely 100% opposite of what they want.

No no, they probably just want to delay the payment even more, to hurt Hawthorne or put it out of business.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: