Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 09:27:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter BLAH'S close to ending....  (Read 1484 times)
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »

Well...only 1 week from today Hawthorne opens for live thoroughbred racing. It's been a long 2 months (as usual). Hopefully mother nature will co-operate and hand us some good weather for the ponies. I rarely bet on tracks outside of Illinois, so it will be a welcome site next Friday. Maybe one of our horses will be entered on opening day. It would be a blast to start out the season with a win.
I wonder what Hawthorne has done during the off season to make it a better place to spend a day. I always appreciate a bright clean facility, and seeing all the changes that have occured while the regulars are away. Not to mention all my aquaintences that work there...glad to be back live.
It would be great to see them raise the purses to where they were last year. It would be a sure sign that they are doing things right. Also, it would help bolster the field size which of course increases the handle.
Let's hope that this year is prosperous for all. CYA at the races!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 07:49:15 PM »

Well...only 1 week from today Hawthorne opens for live thoroughbred racing. It's been a long 2 months (as usual). Hopefully mother nature will co-operate and hand us some good weather for the ponies. I rarely bet on tracks outside of Illinois, so it will be a welcome site next Friday. Maybe one of our horses will be entered on opening day. It would be a blast to start out the season with a win.
I wonder what Hawthorne has done during the off season to make it a better place to spend a day.

I think you will find the answer to be "zilch". We have been going for simulcast all winter and haven't seen a thing improve over the winter, unlike almost all previous years.

Let's see ... there apparently was a big flood in the 3rd floor club side ladies room, so now there is a big nasty stain in the carpet at the top of the escalator. That's attractive. Some lights and ceiling tiles MAY have been replaced over the club boxes (and stage where Molly Hatchet appeared, in a legendary performance) where no one sits. A guy was cleaning up that box area where no one sits last Saturday, and a girl was observed cleaning the handrail of the escalator. So that's good. "The Wall" between club boxes and Gold Cup Room has mysteriously reappeared, to block all view of the club turn for anyone sitting in Gold Cup, and all view of 90% of the track for anyone in club box. 8 of 10 TV's in the non-smoking simulcast section up on the 3rd floor are fuzzy or screwed up color, SAM machines regularly reject your Club Haw card, there's a couple dark green velveteen curtains hanging over some north windows, and besides that things are great.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 08:37:27 PM »

Here's how crazy I am. I am really thinking hard about showing up next Saturday for the races at Hawthorne. I gotta get my owners license and I want to see my hoss. I ain't seen him in three years when he was small and I figured I gotta see him and give him a pep talk about how to run fast. and feed him some carrots and mints. (and hope I don't get bit)

clocker biggestal

(edited to fix the picture, you need to put a space after it before you type your name for it to show up - jr)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 08:45:16 PM by jrstark » Report to moderator   Logged

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 09:28:23 PM »

Here's how crazy I am. I am really thinking hard about showing up next Saturday for the races at Hawthorne. I gotta get my owners license and I want to see my hoss. I ain't seen him in three years when he was small and I figured I gotta see him and give him a pep talk about how to run fast. and feed him some carrots and mints. (and hope I don't get bit)

clocker biggestal

(edited to fix the picture, you need to put a space after it before you type your name for it to show up - jr)

Just went out to see our yearling. He turned 1yo on 02/04/06. He liked the carrots I brought..

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 10:22:41 PM »

Just went out to see our yearling. He turned 1yo on 02/04/06. He liked the carrots I brought.

Looks nice. What is the breeding on that one, BeauNarro? Excuse me if you already said.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 11:29:28 PM »

Yes It's True is the sire.
He's Illinois foaled out of Protea
TC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 09:51:33 AM »

Yes It's True is the sire.
He's Illinois foaled out of Protea
Good luck going 5 1/2 or 6f 1st start.  Speed to burn in those Yes It's True progeny.   horse   trotter  TC
off stride

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 10:02:37 AM »

is a good thing those races dont start today..my poor graphics guys would be a frozen rope...
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »

Just ran to the store, and it IS FREEZING!
The extended forcast for next Friday-opening day at Hawthorne is mid 30's. Not so bad, but come-on ole man winter-TAKE A HIKE. We want much warmer weather for the t-breds.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 07:34:24 PM »

is a good thing those races dont start today..my poor graphics guys would be a frozen rope...

Your graphics guys should find an electric fence.
off stride

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 01:09:37 AM »

CLOCKSUCKERTERRY
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 01:08:22 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
robertv

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 10:00:32 AM »

offstride,

still not too crazy about the clip art but - very, very clever with
the name CLOCKSUCKERTERRY Cheesy
Brilliant, just brilliant
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 10:22:52 AM »

Offstride you are quite clever. Do you also twist balloon animals and perform low-level magic tricks? You could hire yourself out to children's birthday parties.
off stride

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »

there are methods at your disposal to make my signatures go poof and disappear..use them at your own leisure..everyone have a very nice day...
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 10:34:27 AM »

there are methods at your disposal to make my signatures go poof and disappear..use them at your own leisure..everyone have a very nice day...

I liked the old signature don't get me wrong. It was just that other people objected to this new one. I didn't care. It accurately depicts how I personally feel about harness racing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:00:40 AM by CLOCKERTERRY » Report to moderator   Logged
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 02:15:09 PM »

Took me beyond the first day to realize the guy on top wasn't leaking on the guy at the bottom. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: