Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:45:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newsletter from ITHA  (Read 773 times)
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »

More Illinois news:

http://www.ithainc.com/page9.html
Report to moderator   Logged
sodgod

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 03:24:48 PM »

Here is my question.  This fool talks about horsemen neglecting their families.  What about his bloated salary and the mismanagement of the ITHA finances?  That's the neglect that needs to be addressed.  Thanks for the annual newsletter you blow hole!

Sod God
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 11:14:13 AM »

One item in that newsletter I found interesting was this:

"As briefly spoken about in earlier months, the ITHA is continuing its investigation of the practices of the Advanced Deposit Wagering (ADW) companies that due business in Illinois. The ITHA is certain that previously there has been revenue to the purse accounts left on the table. Management at Hawthorne-National has worked diligently with the ITHA to alleviate this problem. Hopefully our partners at Arlington Park will take the same position to increase revenue. The ITHA has worked closely with our friends in California and Florida to find a solution to this cannibalization of our live handle. This is an issue with the ADW’s, not with our thoroughbred partners around the country. I will continue to update you as progress is being made, and I am proud to report that we have made significant steps forward in the past (10) months."

That's something we talked about here before. I was under the impression that account wagering companies had not been paying any source fees in Illinois at all because of some dispute or another with the harness track owners, but this thing makes it sound like maybe fees have been paid, but the horsemen haven't been getting any of it? Does anyone know the details of what's been going on with the ITHA and this issue?

The FACT is that YouBet, Winticket family, Xpressbet, Philly Phonebet and its offshoots, and who knows who else are doing business with Illinois customers, no matter what the State legal opinion is. Some might have been prevented from taking bets on Illinois races, but if account handle mirrors in-state handle, that's only 15% of business. If these outfits are willing to pay source fees, the tracks and horsemen should probably find a way to be taking the money. If they are already paying source fees to Illinois tracks and the tracks aren't sharing with the horsemen, it's highway robbery. That's what was happening in Ohio for a number of years until the horsemen finally caught on.
muhammed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 01:51:05 PM »

What a crock of shit!
The ITHA is a bunch of crooks led by the head crooks Joe K and Justin.
As for legislation, the ITHA doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground.
They got screwed at every turn legislatively and in their stupidity they didn't
even know it. Joe K get ready to spread your cheeks because your headed
to the slammer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: