Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 08:55:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another OT political thread  (Read 169634 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5275 on: September 17, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »

It is a top story.......the White House , Congress and now their own CEO have spoken out about it......
Quit trying to hide the fact that another supporter that our president "brings to the table when he is elected" has blown up in his face..this administration on the last 9 months is the most disjointed , out of touch (since Carter,the other 1 term leader)  that even the Dems are questioning their agenda

Not at all.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5276 on: September 17, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

Europe believes that Barack Milhouse Obama, who has supported Communists and has them working for him, has surrendered to Communists and abandoned once American allies.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100010237/barack-obama-surrenders-to-russia-on-missile-defence/

That missile shield was supposed to protect the US against Iran, not Russia. That's what Bush told us. If the threat from Iran has been downgraded (to realistic, from warmonger), so be it.

If Poland wants a missile shield against Russia, let them build their own.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5277 on: September 17, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »

there wouldn't be a need for this thread to last this long......thanx to you and your ilk....  kool ade good to the last drop, eh?

Not quite the case. I said I would drop it after the election, and suggested everyone else do the same. But our good friend Buffalo Boob just had to start it up again. So, please, blame the correct ilk.
race track phil

« Reply #5278 on: September 17, 2009, 05:14:47 PM »

Obama & Biden are not worried about long range missiles from Iran hitting the USA and that is why they abandoned the prevention . One by one the foreign allies will abandon us also !!   I guess they are afraid of upsetting Russia and it seems like what even Biden predicted Obama would get tested !!  Well lets all hope that he passed the test because if he didn't we could be in serious trouble along with our past allies . I guess we have to trust their decision , but I have always believed an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure !!  And even if they don't intend on building long range missiles would it not be better to be PREPARED just in case they change their minds because we all know they hate Americans and then what happens if Poland & Czechs say NO get lost you had your chance before . I know Terry will have the answer ( it didn't happen yet so why talk about it )  I think it shows signs of weakness and the whole world might see it that way . For once I hope they know what they are doing ?

RTP

I would be anxious to hear what McCain thinks of this decision !
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #5279 on: September 17, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »

mccain think?  id like to know what he was thinking when he made his wife miss buffalochip 2008

you dont want to go into that squirrelcage

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #5280 on: September 17, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »

ACORN is not blown out of proportion.  It is true that they were allocated $8 BILLION in taxpayer $.  They deserve NOTHING - zero!  They are as fraudulent as YOUR president & his left wing media.

Jimmy Carter & anti-semitism - this is easy.  I'll include articles from the Washington Post (lefty) who said he "trivializes the murder of Israelis", Alan Dershowitz (lefty) who said "Recent disclosures of Carter's extensive financial connections to Arab oil money, particularly from Saudi Arabia, had deeply shaken my belief in his integrity" & from the National Review, who said that Carter's words "are not careless errors, they flow from Carter’s pointed animus toward Israel and corresponding softness toward the Arabs".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/19/AR2007011901541.html

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/3267

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZjY4MTllMjY4OTA4OWViYTE5NGM3MGI3Nzg4ZGFkNmQ=

That's 3 to get you started but there are dozens more from liberals & conservatives.  It is fairly common knowledge that Carter is an anti-semite.  I will not supply you any more - you know how easy it is to be found.  

Just google "Jimmy Carter Anti-Semite" - you'll get plenty of choices!

The reason I brought up Kennedy & 1980 is because it is also fairly accepted that he was the worst President this country ever had to deal with & the Democrats & Kennedy obviously knew it too.  The day Carter dies, it will be a cause for celebration!

Dolfan,

This guy says that ACORN has been blown out of proportion? Then people wonder why I call him "Clownerterry". We all saw Obama in the debates give his statement on who he associates himself with. Remember it went something like, "If I want advice on the economy, I associate myself with Warren Buffet. If I want advice on foreign affairs I associate myself with my running mate, Joe Biden"? (I am sure that I am not quoting it perfectly but I paraphrase)

Well, just what the hell type of advice was Barack Obama seeking when he associates himself with ACORN? The same ACORN who Obama is on video as saying he would seek advice from to shape his Administration BEFORE he takes office.

Was Obama seeking advice on starting a Prostitution Ring when he associated himself with ACORN? That is something video shows Obama's ACORN Group readily gives out advice on. Was Obama seeking advice on tax evasion when he associated himself with ACORN? Its a good question considering all the tax cheats Obama has in his administration and the videos sure show Obama's ACORN Group has vast experience in giving out that advice. Was Obama seeking advice on smuggling in underaged children when he associated himself with ACORN? Once again, video shows Obama's ACORN Group has vast experience in giving out advice on that too. Or maybe Obama wanted advice on how to start voter fraud because at least 14 states have investigations into Obama's ACORN Group for that too.

Voter Fraud ... Prostitution ... Tax Evasion ... Underaged Child Smuggling ... and doing it all with millions of dollars of support from our government and with literally BILLIONS set aside for them by Obama himself in his Stimulus Package for more of that work.

The President of the United States is connected to all of that. Yet, somebody like Clockerterry says that is just "over-reaction".

The President of the United States can find the time during a national primetime news conference to attack a decorated police officer by calling him "stupid" for arresting Obama's friend. Obama can find the time to call Kenya West a "jackass" for his racially charged sexually biased attack on Taylor Swift ... but Barack Milhouse Obama does not find the time to make a single comment about the illegal activities of his ACORN Group.

As for Jimmy Carter. I said before that he was nothing but a low risk, high reward schill for the Democrats to use to create a great distraction to the failing Obama Health Care Scheme and he served his purpose. He clearly did well because he got them two days worth of press and today he just handed off to Nancy Pelosi to continue the Democratic National Committee Racial Attacks.

Carter goes back to being immaterial until they need him again and Obama continues to remain silent.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #5281 on: September 17, 2009, 06:25:10 PM »

That is hilarious Dan V.  beer

Now lets also take a look Cash-4-Clunkers from a "Green-Enviro-economic" point of view.

A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year
uses 800 gallons of gasoline annually.

A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 480
gallons a year.

So, the average clunker transaction will reduce US gasoline
consumption by 320 gallons per year.

They claim 700,000 vehicles sold – so that's 224 million
gallons / year.

That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.

5 million barrels of oil is about ¼ of ONE DAY'S US consumption.

5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million
dollars at $70/bbl.

So, we all contributed to spending $3 billion (not including interest to auto loan lenders) to save $350
million.

Boy, we got that problem solved, gimme 5 brother!!   What's next, oh yeah healthcare, here we come  doh BSmeter

Grinder,

I made a similar point a while back just with different numbers but isnt it amazing how the Democrats want to portray this as some big environmental coup.

That oil doesnt even cover the gas for Air Force One.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Edwarren

« Reply #5282 on: September 17, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »

mccain think?  id like to know what he was thinking when he made his wife miss buffalochip 2008

you dont want to go into that squirrelcage

Agent-France Presse reports Czech andf Polish senior leaders embrace U.S. decision on missile shield.

http://www.canada.com/news/Ties+unharmed+decision+missile+shield+Poland+Czech/2004715/story.html

"I received President Obama's words and declarations with great satisfaction," Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said following telephone talks with Obama.

"The words I've heard from President Barack Obama — after the change in the decision on the matter of the missile shield — Poland has the opportunity to gain an exclusive position," Tusk said.

Obama's new project still offered "a chance to improve European security taking Poland into particular consideration," he said.

"I wouldn't say it is a failure of Poland, I will also say that because where we are geographically, we'll always have to work on our security," Tusk said, underscoring its proximity to Russia.

"Our relations with the United States and the talk and negotiations are bringing effects, different ones than were expected but ones beneficial to Poland," he added.

Czech President Vaclav Klaus also brushed off any concerns about the decision's impact on relations with the United States.

"This decision of the American government did not come as a surprise to those who closely followed the signals over recent months," Klaus said in Prague.

"I'm 100 per cent convinced that this decision of the American government does not signal a cooling of relations between the United States and the Czech Republic," Klaus said.

Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski said Thursday that Washington would deploy ground-to-air Patriot-type missiles in Poland as previously agreed despite its rethink of anti-missile shield plans.

He said Washington indicated that "the Patriot missiles will be armed" and have communications and command systems that "will allow the system to be integrated into the Polish anti-air and anti-missile defence system."

"This is something we have wanted for a long time," he said.

U.S. Defence Secretary Robert Gates said Washington also aims to deploy a "land-based version of the SM-3 missiles" in Poland and the Czech Republic in 2015, even though Iran's long-range missile program is further off than thought.

Sikorski described Washington's new defence project as "interesting" and said the U.S. had assured Poland it "will also be a country which will receive an offer to host elements of this system on its territory."

"It will most likely be the same base in Redzikowo, near Slupsk," Sikorski said of the site where plans had called for the previous anti-missile shield to be installed.

"We're not saying it too loudly, but these missiles will be capable of countering Russian Iskander missiles," Polish defence expert Krzysztof Boruc told Poland's TVN24 news channel.

"The new version of the anti-missile shield will be a tough nut to crack for Russia," Poland's former deputy defence minister Stanislaw Koziej said in Warsaw.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #5283 on: September 17, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »

Obama & Biden are not worried about long range missiles from Iran hitting the USA and that is why they abandoned the prevention . One by one the foreign allies will abandon us also !!   I guess they are afraid of upsetting Russia and it seems like what even Biden predicted Obama would get tested !!  Well lets all hope that he passed the test because if he didn't we could be in serious trouble along with our past allies . I guess we have to trust their decision , but I have always believed an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure !!  And even if they don't intend on building long range missiles would it not be better to be PREPARED just in case they change their minds because we all know they hate Americans and then what happens if Poland & Czechs say NO get lost you had your chance before . I know Terry will have the answer ( it didn't happen yet so why talk about it )  I think it shows signs of weakness and the whole world might see it that way . For once I hope they know what they are doing ?

RTP

I would be anxious to hear what McCain thinks of this decision !

Phil,

That is because on this past January 21st, Europe went from being more afraid of Bush/Cheney then Putin to being more afraid of Putin then Obama/Biden.

What Obama did today was solidify that.

Edwarren

« Reply #5284 on: September 17, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »

Agent-France Presse reports Czech andf Polish senior leaders embrace U.S. decision on missile shield.

http://www.canada.com/news/Ties+unharmed+decision+missile+shield+Poland+Czech/2004715/story.html

"I received President Obama's words and declarations with great satisfaction," Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said following telephone talks with Obama.

"The words I've heard from President Barack Obama — after the change in the decision on the matter of the missile shield — Poland has the opportunity to gain an exclusive position," Tusk said.

Obama's new project still offered "a chance to improve European security taking Poland into particular consideration," he said.

"I wouldn't say it is a failure of Poland, I will also say that because where we are geographically, we'll always have to work on our security," Tusk said, underscoring its proximity to Russia.

"Our relations with the United States and the talk and negotiations are bringing effects, different ones than were expected but ones beneficial to Poland," he added.

Czech President Vaclav Klaus also brushed off any concerns about the decision's impact on relations with the United States.

"This decision of the American government did not come as a surprise to those who closely followed the signals over recent months," Klaus said in Prague.

"I'm 100 per cent convinced that this decision of the American government does not signal a cooling of relations between the United States and the Czech Republic," Klaus said.

Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski said Thursday that Washington would deploy ground-to-air Patriot-type missiles in Poland as previously agreed despite its rethink of anti-missile shield plans.

He said Washington indicated that "the Patriot missiles will be armed" and have communications and command systems that "will allow the system to be integrated into the Polish anti-air and anti-missile defence system."

U.S. Defence Secretary Robert Gates said Washington also aims to deploy a "land-based version of the SM-3 missiles" in Poland and the Czech Republic in 2015, even though Iran's long-range missile program is further off than thought.

Sikorski described Washington's new defence project as "interesting" and said the U.S. had assured Poland it "will also be a country which will receive an offer to host elements of this system on its territory."

"It will most likely be the same base in Redzikowo, near Slupsk," Sikorski said of the site where plans had called for the previous anti-missile shield to be installed.

"We're not saying it too loudly, but these missiles will be capable of countering Russian Iskander missiles," Polish defence expert Krzysztof Boruc told Poland's TVN24 news channel.

"The new version of the anti-missile shield will be a tough nut to crack for Russia," Poland's former deputy defence minister Stanislaw Koziej said in Warsaw.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #5285 on: September 17, 2009, 06:39:29 PM »

"Dismay in Europe as Obama ditches missile defence"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6838058.ece

"Polish PM wouldn't take U.S. calls"

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0909/Polish_PM_wouldnt_take_US_calls.html?showall

"Barack Obama abandons European missile shield to delight of Russians"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6203241/Barack-Obama-abandons-European-missile-shield-to-delight-of-Russians.html

Just a few headlines from overseas newspapers which say otherwise

Edwarren

« Reply #5286 on: September 17, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »

"Dismay in Europe as Obama ditches missile defence"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6838058.ece

This first one is political coming from a rejected party kicked to the curb by the current Czech administration.  It's what one'd expect from a rejected group coveting power. Sound familiar?

You ought to learn about  reading,  Bob.  The Polish PM rejected calls from Hillary Clinton saying he wanted to speak directly to the President to prepare a statement.
 State Department spokesman didn't respond to an email seeking comment on the episode.

The Polish preparation may have paid off however: They are reportedly angling for an American commitment of Patriot missile systems based in Poland, which Poles see, like the larger missile-defense bases, as a partial guarantee against Russian agression (despite American denials that the defenses are aimed at Russia).

"I would not describe what is going on today as a defeat for Poland," Tusk told reporters in Warsaw, according to the AP, saying Obama had signaled that "Poland has a chance to win an exclusive position" in the new system.

"Barack Obama abandons European missile shield to delight of Russians"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6203241/Barack-Obama-abandons-European-missile-shield-to-delight-of-Russians.html
Just a few headlines from overseas newspapers which say otherwise

Here we find an unsubstantiated comment that some aren't happy, probably alluding to the Czech opposition party.  Whoever edited the story can get away with it and not be called out as a fabricator, by withholding information and through shallow reporting.  Basically it's a conservative paper with a large circulation of about 800,000.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:10:43 PM by Edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5287 on: September 17, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »

This guy says that ACORN has been blown out of proportion?

Yes, it is nothing more than a small and relatively unimportant circus sideshow, not anywhere near as important as the health care debate, or even discussion of defense policy like the missile shield.

Well, just what the hell type of advice was Barack Obama seeking when he associates himself with ACORN? The same ACORN who Obama is on video as saying he would seek advice from to shape his Administration BEFORE he takes office.

He made the same sort of promise to every group that supported him in his campaign.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5288 on: September 17, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »

Imagine for a moment a 21.5% Prime interest rate!

That is the correct number, when Peanut head Carter left office! Criminal!

How did that help poor people own homes, start businesses, or buy durable goods?
Answer that one, Peanut lovers.

Uh huh. And what inflation rate did he inherit from Gerald Ford?
big wally

Ignore
« Reply #5289 on: September 17, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »

Uh huh. And what inflation rate did he inherit from Gerald Ford?

5.22%

http://inflationdata.com/inflation/Inflation_Rate/HistoricalInflation.aspx?dsInflation_currentPage=2
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5290 on: September 17, 2009, 08:20:20 PM »

As far as Reagan "running up a debt with no way to pay for it", nothing could be more ridiculous or untrue.  He (RR) realized that for this debt to be short-term and managable, he had to spur and encourage investment and growth of the US economy by shrinking government's huge appetite and bloated Carter-esque budgets.

Nonsense. He spent his way out of the recession he couldn't tame in his first two years in office, and left a big fat debt and deficit that poor GHW Bush had to take the bullet for when he was forced to raise taxes to try and pay for all the unfunded spending Reagan initiated.

$40 billion in one slash, remember that? That was in the early 80's too, when indexed for inflation over these past 25-30 years, that number represents about $200 billion in todays dollars.

And when he left office, the national debt had grown from 30% of GDP to over 50%, was about $1.7 trillion more than when he took office, and kept growing another $1.4 trillion in his successor's term. How much is that in today's dollars? Using your 5x multiplier, looks like about $15 trillion so.

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

But here we have Mr. O ramping UP government spending by 787 billion, and NOT doing anything to spur the private sector or foreign investment.

Actually, you know, a lot of that stimulus money is going to the private sector and is creating jobs in the private sector.

Oh ... sorry ... you meant he didn't cut taxes like is the Republican answer to everything ... oh wait! He did!

And Reaganomics, though it took a couple of years for the trickle down to begin (because so many liberal non-believers stuck to their ignorant belief that capital cannot possibly work its way thru the wealthy down to the middle class then to the poor)

It never did work. That theory has been thoroughly discredited.

that many strangulation regulations were left in place, and the working class carried their weight up and beyond what many thought was possible.  New businesses, new taxpayers paying more into the system, and all a lower rates than we had seen.

And meanwhile, running up a big fat national debt that Reagan could not pay for, just like I said. having a good time on a credit card.

So my point is that as long as the USA remains a growth country, and is viewed as economically more stable and showing reliable, positive growth, then it is just fine to borrow money from other nations. It also fosters good international trade habits.

Aha! Another one claiming big credit card debts are good things ... right until you lose your job, anyhow, like happened last year under Bush.

But that is the fear of Obama's policymaking.

Obama, unfortunately, had a $10.6 trillion credit card hole Reagan, the Bushes, and yes Bill Clinton handed down to him, and a $1.3 trillion dollar current deficit thanks to the bank bailout and the structural $500 billion annual credit card spree deficit Bush left him, as well as a revenue base destroyed by the housing collapse and the Bush recession. But now, you guys want to hang all the blame on Obama for the mess your guys made of the system and point the finger at him for excessive spending while trying to dig this country out of the hole Bush dug? No, sorry, it doesn't wash.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5291 on: September 17, 2009, 08:40:52 PM »

That is hilarious Dan V.  beer

Now lets also take a look Cash-4-Clunkers from a "Green-Enviro-economic" point of view.

A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year
uses 800 gallons of gasoline annually.

A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 480
gallons a year.

So, the average clunker transaction will reduce US gasoline
consumption by 320 gallons per year.

They claim 700,000 vehicles sold – so that's 224 million
gallons / year.

That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.

5 million barrels of oil is about ¼ of ONE DAY'S US consumption.

5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million
dollars at $70/bbl.

So, we all contributed to spending $3 billion (not including interest to auto loan lenders) to save $350
million.

Actually, there are about 20-25 gallons of gasoline per barrel of oil. Using 25, the rest of the 17 gallons in a barrel of crude turns into things like motor oil, tar, plastics, etc.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/eng99/eng99288.htm

So, 224,000,000 gallons / 25 gal. = 8,960,000 barrels of oil saved. EVERY YEAR, not just once. Break even is less than 5 years. And that's $627 million a year that does not go to people like Hugo Chavez. Not to mention all the savings in air pollution because of newer cleaner engines, as well as nearly 2 million tons less of CO2 into the atmosphere each year.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:45:22 PM by clockerterry » Report to moderator   Logged
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #5292 on: September 17, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »

This first one is political coming from a rejected party kicked to the curb by the current Czech administration.  It's what one'd expect from a rejected group coveting power. Sound familiar?

You ought to learn about  reading,  Bob.  The Polish PM rejected calls from Hillary Clinton saying he wanted to speak directly to the President to prepare a statement.
 State Department spokesman didn't respond to an email seeking comment on the episode.

The Polish preparation may have paid off however: They are reportedly angling for an American commitment of Patriot missile systems based in Poland, which Poles see, like the larger missile-defense bases, as a partial guarantee against Russian agression (despite American denials that the defenses are aimed at Russia).

"I would not describe what is going on today as a defeat for Poland," Tusk told reporters in Warsaw, according to the AP, saying Obama had signaled that "Poland has a chance to win an exclusive position" in the new system.

Here we find an unsubstantiated comment that some aren't happy, probably alluding to the Czech opposition party.  Whoever edited the story can get away with it and not be called out as a fabricator, by withholding information and through shallow reporting.  Basically it's a conservative paper with a large circulation of about 800,000.

Ed,

It is past time you stopped supporting the low-life racists and started to support America.

Of once again, Ed, I call upon you say the Pledge of Allegiance.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5293 on: September 17, 2009, 09:00:06 PM »

That is because on this past January 21st, Europe went from being more afraid of Bush/Cheney then Putin to being more afraid of Putin then Obama/Biden.

What Obama did today was solidify that.

"Europe went from being more afraid of Bush/Cheney then [sic] Putin ..." Nice Freudian slip, Boob. Europe was more scared of the American Bush/Cheney administration than the Russian president.  thumbs up
NIATROSS

« Reply #5294 on: September 17, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »

ACORN has made it to prime time as Jay Leno makes jokes about it.

2 things have always been a sign of how big something is.The butt of jokes by comedians and a category on Jeopardy.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5295 on: September 17, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »

Very good chart.

Well, scrap that idea.
NIATROSS

« Reply #5296 on: September 17, 2009, 09:57:10 PM »

The House and The Senate both voted late Thursday afternoon to stop funding ACORN.

How foolish does the forum PUPPETERRY look now when he said The ACORN story was no big deal.He posted over and over  the cretins were the only ones saying it was a big deal. Must be an awful lot of cretins in the House and Senate.

beer beer beer beer beer beer
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #5297 on: September 17, 2009, 10:01:31 PM »

Nothing there about anti-Semitism per se, just exactly what I said about not supporting the state of Israel. There IS a difference, right? You admit that? Or does one have to support Israel in every regard to avoid the label of anti-Semite?

I saw most of those, and read several, and I googled just the same you did. Nothing at all about Carter personally disliking Jews. What is common is the charge that he is an anti-Semite simply because he does not support Israel 100% unquestioningly.

Even if he was, which is not how he's rated by the historians, it has nothing to do with either anti-Semitism or racism. Just a cheap ad hominem attack by you.

I am not letting you get off that easy.  Now lets see - you google "Jimmy Carter anti-semite" and come up with all sorts of articles from all different kinds of people, most who are highly respected.  But he's not an anti-semite.  Why?  Your "logic" is because he didn't say he was.  Well, now I guess we should all expect ex-presidents to come right out & tell us that they're against a certain group of people based on race.  Not!!!

You know, come to think of it you've accused the Bush administration of things that they never told us.

Look, when you can easily connect the dots you don't need an admission.  Evidence beyond a reasonable doubt is considered guilty in this nation.  You're just two-faced & can't handle that your precious POS, Carter is in fact, an anti-semite.  If he wasn't, nothing would come up when you google "Jimmy Carter anti-semite".  You don't need an admission.

And for your information, anyone who believes what he does goes far beyond anti-Israel.  No, you don't have to support "everything" that Israel stands for the same way that you do not support everything that the USA stands for.  But if you side with the USA, generally speaking & against Israel, you are most likely an anti-semite.  The logical reason is because the large majority of Israel's laws mirror that of the US.

Hopefully you don't need to be reminded that it was only less than 70 years ago that European Jews had no place to go when the Nazis were massacring Jewish villages.  If there was an Israel, millions would have avoided slaughter & horror.  And just remember what many scholars say, that as Israel goes so does the USA.  It's importance is beyond our imagination.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #5298 on: September 17, 2009, 10:05:46 PM »

Also, no reply to Alan Dershowitz (lefty) who said "Recent disclosures of Carter's extensive financial connections to Arab oil money, particularly from Saudi Arabia, had deeply shaken my belief in his integrity".

Isn't that exactly what Bush & Cheney are accused of, especially by Terry?

Why no response?  I'll tell you why.  Because there is no way to squirm out of that kind of statement from a Carter supporter, which The Dersh used to be.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5299 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:45 PM »

I am not letting you get off that easy.  Now lets see - you google "Jimmy Carter anti-semite" and come up with all sorts of articles from all different kinds of people, most who are highly respected.  But he's not an anti-semite.  Why?

Because the articles discussed the subject, and came to no firm conclusion and provided no direct evidence, is why. All they came up with is Jimmy Carter not toeing the line, and guys calling him anti-Semitic for not doing so.

And you, Dolfan, should be utterly ashamed to bring Dershowitz material to the forum and call him in any way, shape, or form some sort of dispassionate objective authority on this subject.

Your "logic" is because he didn't say he was.

No, my logic is that they provided no proof of actual anti-Semitism, instead substituting their own value judgment that because he opposed some policies of the State of Israel, he is anti-Semitic, the same as you have done. That is every bit, 100%, as dishonest as the people you claim play the race card instead of dealing with issues.

Look, when you can easily connect the dots you don't need an admission.

Well, thank you for finally admitting this is your personal opinion, and not anything based on any actual evidence.

Evidence beyond a reasonable doubt is considered guilty in this nation.

And you, counselor, have not provided that.

You're just two-faced & can't handle that your precious POS, Carter is in fact, an anti-semite.

I accept the fact that you say he is. I've yet to see the evidence. Am I also an anti-Semite because I happen to believe a lot of these settlements the State of Israel has been building on formerly Palestinian lands, even going as far as to kick current Palestinian residents off the land, is wrong? I don't toe the line?

If he wasn't, nothing would come up when you google "Jimmy Carter anti-semite".

And if Bush didn't really order 9/11, nothing would come up when you Googled that.  doh

Grow up and grow some brains. It's on the web because there's no editor on the web, and a bunch of people accuse him of it with no real proof. No more, and no less.

And for your information, anyone who believes what he does goes far beyond anti-Israel.  No, you don't have to support "everything" that Israel stands for the same way that you do not support everything that the USA stands for.  But if you side with the USA, generally speaking & against Israel, you are most likely an anti-semite.

Well, thank you for finally admitting the real issue is the State of Israel, and attacking anyone who criticizes it as anti-Semite.

The logical reason is because the large majority of Israel's laws mirror that of the US.

Really? In the U.S. one ethnic group can just toss another off its land by force and start building itself new homes? Oh wait ... I guess we did that with the Indians. But I mean, today?

Hopefully you don't need to be reminded that it was only less than 70 years ago that European Jews had no place to go when the Nazis were massacring Jewish villages.  If there was an Israel, millions would have avoided slaughter & horror.

This is such a bogus argument it defies belief. You're implying the world should feel some guilt because there was no Israel prior to WWII ? Nope, sorry, rejected. The world owes no one a living, as we've often been reminded.

Now, hopefully, you don't need to be reminded that you're playing the same old worn out guilt card the Palestinians had nothing to do with, and that less than 70 years ago the country we now call Israel was part of a somewhat dubious British protectorate called Trans-Jordan (?) forced on the region by WWI, and was already inhabited by people who been there thousands of years. People who are now somewhat understandably pissed off about the world feeling guilty and establishing a homeland for Hitler's victims in Palestine at the expense of the current residents, that eventually turned into terrorism, and finally a war of conquest to establish the state of Israel, in the process kicking those long time inhabitants off their ancestral lands and totally disenfranchising them - pissed off just as you and I would be had it happened to us.

And just remember what many scholars say, that as Israel goes so does the USA.  It's importance is beyond our imagination.

How then did the USA managed to grow and prosper those 170 years without an Israel?

But you know, that opinion of yours about the importance of the state of Israel (as well as the claims of Palestinians) is exactly the American debate that should be able to be held in public without all dissenters being blasted as anti-Semitic.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: