Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 02:50:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 213   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another OT political thread  (Read 168751 times)
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2009, 01:48:23 PM »

The Gallup Organization today release a poll saying that 2/3's of the people they polled say Barack Obama is doing a good job as President.

The man has been President for four freaking days and one and a half of those was spent at the $170 million dollar party he threw for himself and retaking the oath because a man far more intelligent then him was using words too big for him to understand.
Report to moderator   Logged

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
M1

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »

doh boy oh boy, people hear and read what they really want don't they? The Chief Justice himself said he screwed up!!!!!!!
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 03:12:05 PM »

The only thing the Chief Justice did was not use the que cards that Obama is so used to. The Chief Justice did the honorable thing by taking the heat for Obama's screw-up.

Now explain to me how 2/3's of the people, much less anybody, can say Obama is doing a good job after four days and $170 million spent on his own parties?

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Horse Voice

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 03:47:12 PM »

Now explain to me how 2/3's of the people, much less anybody, can say Obama is doing a good job after four days and $170 million spent on his own parties?

First: Get over yourself. Obama's the President now, whether you come out here and nitpick him every day, or not.

You get to live with the idea that he is YOUR President, every day. You also get to live with the fact that Obama doesn't know who you are, and doesn't care. You are an insignificant insect to him. 

The money for the inaugural parties comes from fundraisers, not the U.S. taxpayer, so how much they spend is none of your concern, nor anyone else's.

And, I can only guess that 2/3rds of the people say he's doing a good job because he is not George W. Bush. Maybe he hasn't done anything positive yet, but he hasn't f'd anything up either -- a huge improvement from the previous guy.

Hope that answers your questions.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 04:15:32 PM »

In comparison to George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, the Republican Party, and that final $350 billion they ripped off the taxpayers on their way out the door with zero accountability, Jack the Ripper would look like a godsend. That's how. What you see there is a huge sigh of relief from America.

What's new with those birth certificate lawsuits, Buffalo Boob? 
honest person

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »

First: Get over yourself. Obama's the President now, whether you come out here and nitpick him every day, or not.

You get to live with the idea that he is YOUR President, every day. You also get to live with the fact that Obama doesn't know who you are, and doesn't care. You are an insignificant insect to him. 

The money for the inaugural parties comes from fundraisers, not the U.S. taxpayer, so how much they spend is none of your concern, nor anyone else's.

And, I can only guess that 2/3rds of the people say he's doing a good job because he is not George W. Bush. Maybe he hasn't done anything positive yet, but he hasn't f'd anything up either -- a huge improvement from the previous guy.

what the hell are you smoking?

a very very very small portion of the money for the inaguration is from private funds....we the taxpayer paid for 99% of it.......................keep drinking the kool aid
Horse Voice

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »

what the hell are you smoking?

a very very very small portion of the money for the inaguration is from private funds....we the taxpayer paid for 99% of it.......................keep drinking the kool aid

Um...you might want to put down the blunt yourself. Or try reading with comprehension turned "on".

Yes, the taxpayers DID pay for the official inauguration ceremonies (i.e., the daytime stuff last Tuesday leading up to Obama taking the Oath, the luncheon, etc.) -- but that's NOT what is being discussed in this thread.

The estimated $120 million for inauguration ***parties*** (not the $170 million Buffalo Boob got from Fox News, but whatever) will be paid for with fundraiser money and private contributions.

Difference!   doh
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 08:09:42 PM »

I wonder how Rush Limbaugh would have reacted if somebody had said "I hope President Bush fails"

My guess is, he would have called that person a traitor.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »

Perhaps Buffalo Boob could provide a link to a reputable (e.g., not Fox) source reporting the details of that $170M taxpayer expense?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 08:15:43 PM »

I wonder how Rush Limbaugh would have reacted if somebody had said "I hope President Bush fails"

My guess is, he would have ingested more & more prescription drugs and then pretended he was sorry he was a pathetic drug addict.   
mel4600

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 09:04:01 PM »

He is doing great by "LOON" standards. He hired a tax cheat to run IRS, hired a class "A" *** to head the CIA, closed GITMO, and is going to pay for abortions in foreign countries! We should all feel a lot better now! LOL
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:06:07 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »

Leave it to the Liberal media.

What a difference 4 years makes................
Headlines on Inauguaration Day just 4 years ago--Jan. 2005

"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops Die in unarmored Humvees"

"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times"

"Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, Ordinary Americans get the shaft"

Headlines on Inauguaration Day -- 2009
"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $120 million"

"Obama Spends $120 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"

"Everyman Obama shows America how to celebrate"

"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"
...wait a minute, didn't Citibank just receive a $45 BILLION DOLLAR bailout from the federal government? 
Oh, that's right, this contribution is for Obama, the 'anointed one!'

By the way--- was Tuesday an Inauguration or a Coronation?Huh Looked like the latter to me.

Nothing like fair, balanced & unbiased coverage by the "main stream media" !!!

Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 11:50:24 PM »

And they're off...

The one thing the left can hang their hats on: Obama has spoken forcefully to our "enemies" & has softened his stance on raising taxes.

The one thing the right can hang their hats on: If Bush (or McCain) had nominated a Geithner, the media would be screaming corruption.  (I'm not really sure why the right should hang their hats on that but it's slim pickins from that side.)

The previous administration's extreme righties have made their beds & must lie in it.  We must all hope that this administration will do as promised & move things back towards the center or even a shade to the left.  Most of us will appreciate that, as that is where the majority of presidential success stories have come from.

The first thing that I'm going to do is remove everyone from the "ignore" list & try not to comment on extremists' views. 

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Horse Voice

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 01:08:34 AM »

By the way--- was Tuesday an Inauguration or a Coronation?Huh Looked like the latter to me.

It was. You may now refer to him as either "King Obama" or "President Obama" -- he's that flexible. 

Wahhhhhh! That darn media from the left that is every bit as biased as Fox News!! I don't like it when it's MY ox that is getting gored!

Get used to it. You Repug neo-cons are about as significant as navel lint now. Enjoy your four years of total obscurity.  Kiss

If you are smart, you guys will look up the word "centrist", and incorporate some of that stuff into the 2012 campaign...if you want to have any shot at all next time, that is.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 01:12:01 AM »

He's doing a GREAT job as long as his name isn't George Bush. I can't imagine somebody doing WORSE then he did.
Horse Voice

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 01:57:58 AM »

He's doing a GREAT job as long as his name isn't George Bush. I can't imagine somebody doing WORSE then he did.

LOL!

I know what you mean. It's definitely "Theater of Low Expectations", but if at the end of Obama's term we as a country are in the exact same state -- no better, but no worse -- we will actually be ahead, because we will have stopped digging the g-ddamned hole DEEPER.
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 06:01:09 AM »

LOL!

I know what you mean. It's definitely "Theater of Low Expectations", but if at the end of Obama's term we as a country are in the exact same state -- no better, but no worse -- we will actually be ahead, because we will have stopped digging the g-ddamned hole DEEPER.

Right now Obama's every move, every meeting, every executive order (THAT's easy enough), is covered breathlessly. In time -- it won't be long -- the particulates will require reinforcement. What he represents and projects will take form and be tested by Congress and the people. Whatever your views, it should be pretty fascinating to watch it play out.

Obama's ease or unease in the office will show. A press secretary might come and go -- maybe even a chief of staff. There will be other cracks -- maybe a rebel cabinet member or two (although Bush was prone to that because he lurched so rightward and was so inelastic once in office).

Closing Gitmo in a year while dispensing justice AND keeping bad guys at bay is a problem that will trouble this president's sleep. It's admirable and necessary that he should try.

For those keeping partisan score (yeah, I probably will), our national debates may begin to look like Israel vs. Palestine -- core conflicts, but with so many flareups they congeal into a present context in which hardly anyone remembers who shot first. Just shoot. This kind of hardening marked the Bush II era.

Not this time, perhaps. We're all Keynesians now, for better or worse (just ask Congress), and Obama is only part of that disaster-response mechanism. Government action is "in," if only for the moment. This administration has the kind of starting points -- economy, Afghanistan, Iraq withdrawal, green transformation --  that haven't demanded such action from many other incoming presidents.

Obama is uniquely, emphatically, positioned to make bold moves. What a high-risk administration it will have to be. I'm glad it's proceeding with -- at least for now -- domestic and international goodwill. It could fail, and not just because Buffaloboy has all the answers and critiques.

Obama was brazen in declaring a unilateral end to "tired" old cultural and political wars, but this boldness may be a tonic. His whole philosophy is finding common terms among disparate views -- this, he articulated well, and well before "Great Depression II."

None of this will work for you if abortion is your animating issue. Maybe we can put it off for another half-generation or so while people find jobs, replenish their retirement savings and refashion our economy. The court ain't likely to swing decisively in the meantime, right?

(And heck -- maybe tax cuts too!)

Harness1

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 07:48:50 AM »

I don't care who the President is, we are in big trouble.

The CEO's of Citigrp, Lehman, Mer, Bank of Amer and AIG all should be in jail. 
A complete disgrace.

Citigrp laying people off, getting a bail out  and yet still committed to 20 mil a yr to the Mets for naming rights over the next 20 yrs. Give me a break.

Mer ---Stan O'Neill great job destroying Merrill.  Now the new CEO just got whacked after just spending over a million to do his office and giving out bonus's early.
Are these people morons or what?

AIG --Takes a bailout and starts having parties.

Macy's closing stores. Circuit City out of business. 
Microsoft layoffs.  It is going to keep happening.

All this was not just because who the Pres was and is now!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:53:22 AM by Harness1 » Report to moderator   Logged
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 08:09:57 AM »

Once again, Moon is either too stupid to tell the truth or just doesnt know what the hell truth is. Go read the full text of what Limbaugh said you jackass.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 08:18:36 AM »

Right now Obama's every move, every meeting, every executive order (THAT's easy enough), is covered breathlessly. In time -- it won't be long -- the particulates will require reinforcement. What he represents and projects will take form and be tested by Congress and the people. Whatever your views, it should be pretty fascinating to watch it play out.

Obama's ease or unease in the office will show. A press secretary might come and go -- maybe even a chief of staff. There will be other cracks -- maybe a rebel cabinet member or two (although Bush was prone to that because he lurched so rightward and was so inelastic once in office).

Closing Gitmo in a year while dispensing justice AND keeping bad guys at bay is a problem that will trouble this president's sleep. It's admirable and necessary that he should try.

For those keeping partisan score (yeah, I probably will), our national debates may begin to look like Israel vs. Palestine -- core conflicts, but with so many flareups they congeal into a present context in which hardly anyone remembers who shot first. Just shoot. This kind of hardening marked the Bush II era.

Not this time, perhaps. We're all Keynesians now, for better or worse (just ask Congress), and Obama is only part of that disaster-response mechanism. Government action is "in," if only for the moment. This administration has the kind of starting points -- economy, Afghanistan, Iraq withdrawal, green transformation --  that haven't demanded such action from many other incoming presidents.

Obama is uniquely, emphatically, positioned to make bold moves. What a high-risk administration it will have to be. I'm glad it's proceeding with -- at least for now -- domestic and international goodwill. It could fail, and not just because Buffaloboy has all the answers and critiques.

Obama was brazen in declaring a unilateral end to "tired" old cultural and political wars, but this boldness may be a tonic. His whole philosophy is finding common terms among disparate views -- this, he articulated well, and well before "Great Depression II."

None of this will work for you if abortion is your animating issue. Maybe we can put it off for another half-generation or so while people find jobs, replenish their retirement savings and refashion our economy. The court ain't likely to swing decisively in the meantime, right?

(And heck -- maybe tax cuts too!)

I know Mon and Clockerterry do not have the ability to answer the question but how do you have a poll asking people how a President is doing after just four days and how do you get 2/3's of the people they asked to say he is doing a great job?

In four days, Obama spent a day and a half at his own parties and being sworn in. They spend a total of $170 million dollars for the inaugural and the FOURTEEN OFFICIAL Inaugural Balls for him!

His cabinet isnt even in place because Obama thinks it is fine for a Treasury Secretary to not pay taxes for three years, an Attorney General to support terrorists and he just got Hillary in even with more info on how her husband took more foreign money then first thought.

Oh yeah, Obama gave an order to close Guantanamo in a year so we can make trials for the terrorists better and at the same time, we got articles about how people who have already been released from Guantanamo did what ... they returned to fighting with their old terrorists, trying to kill us and were recaptured.

Hell if you want to tell me that 2/3's of the people think Obama is great after doing that, then Ronald Reagan is truely the greatest President ever cause it took took him four seconds to get our hostages out.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 09:34:53 AM »

I know Mon and Clockerterry do not have the ability to answer the question but how do you have a poll asking people how a President is doing after just four days

It does seem premature and meaningless, but the pollsters were probably weary of rejection and desperate to hear anything good about an American President after the last couple years, so couldn't wait to get out there.

and how do you get 2/3's of the people they asked to say he is doing a great job?

If the ultra right wing radical fascist Republican cretins are already throwing hissy fits, Obama's got to be doing a great job, on the theory that the polar opposite of the failed Republican cretin policies and philosophies of the past 8 years is what has to be right.

In four days, Obama spent a day and a half at his own parties and being sworn in. They spend a total of $170 million dollars for the inaugural and the FOURTEEN OFFICIAL Inaugural Balls for him!

His cabinet isnt even in place because Obama thinks it is fine for a Treasury Secretary to not pay taxes for three years, an Attorney General to support terrorists and he just got Hillary in even with more info on how her husband took more foreign money then first thought.

Have you heard there was a poll and 2/3 think he's doing a great job? Your opinion's in the minority, a tiny minority. That's a bigger landslide than the election. Your viewpoint has been rejected wholesale by the American people, and is even more rejected than it was in early November. Face it, Republicans and Republican philosophy are losers.

Oh yeah, Obama gave an order to close Guantanamo in a year so we can make trials for the terrorists better and at the same time, we got articles about how people who have already been released from Guantanamo did what ... they returned to fighting with their old terrorists, trying to kill us and were recaptured.

You mean, already released BY GEORGE BUSH AND THE REPUBLICANS? Those un-American commie bastards! No wonder people couldn't wait to vote them out.

Hell if you want to tell me that 2/3's of the people think Obama is great after doing that, then Ronald Reagan is truely the greatest President ever cause it took took him four seconds to get our hostages out.

Maybe Obama should secretly sell arms to our sworn enemies who support terrorism and want to kill us, too. Just like Reagan!
Horse Voice

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »

...how do you have a poll asking people how a President is doing after just four days and how do you get 2/3's of the people they asked to say he is doing a great job?

I already answered this. Did you not like my answer, or is this going to be the new Repuglican tactic for the next 4 years -- bleating the same (non-)question over and over, like a lost child wailing in the forest?

Anyway, here's the answer I gave on the previous page of this thread:

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 10:21:35 AM »

I already answered this. Did you not like my answer, or is this going to be the new Repuglican tactic for the next 4 years -- bleating the same (non-)question over and over, like a lost child wailing in the forest?

They sure got a lot of mileage out of the birth certificate non-question.

How's that coming along, by the way, Buffalo Boob?
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 11:00:26 AM »

Now, now Buff, you promised at the end of the political thread that you weren't going to do this exact thing until you had good reason. I know that your a good man , political differences aside, that you would certainly realize those from 10 to the right through the left of the political continuum would love the regime change as a new beginning. The racial quality and going from a seemingly brain dead man to an obvious learned man just adds to your frustrations, but there will likely much larger ammo in the future than worrying about 4 days in and 170 mil on inauguration festivities. We all hope for the best, let's see how things are a year from now, not in the first 15 minutes.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009, 11:14:11 AM »

They sure got a lot of mileage out of the birth certificate non-question.

How's that coming along, by the way, Buffalo Boob?

About as well as your treatment with the Boston Method.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 213   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: