Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 30, 2014, 11:34:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catman News!  (Read 1347 times)
nwaryas

« on: February 15, 2006, 01:52:03 PM »

Wayne Catalano just got fired! Frank is transferring most of his stable to Wesley Ward.
Report to moderator   Logged
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »

That's huge news for Chicagoland if it's true. Where did you hear this?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 02:03:10 PM »

Wayne Catalano just got fired! Frank is transferring most of his stable to Wesley Ward.

What a surprise!  I am shocked!  I say it is 2-1 that they will be back together by Arlington's season.  Frank can't win at the pace he wants without Wayne's magic.
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 02:54:17 PM »

I'd also say 2-1 they then split up yet again within two years after reuniting.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 03:23:37 PM »

I'll say it's 2-1 that almost any trainer on Arlington's grounds can win at 30% with Calabrese's stock and they way he dropps them!  Therefore, who gives a rat's ass...  Maybe he could find a gay trainer, thats what he has always wanted apparently.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 06:12:48 PM »

I checked this out, and what I heard is that Wes Ward is only hired to train the horses that Frank wants to keep down at Gulfstream until it closes. Wayne is coming up here to train for Frank for Hawthornes opening. Unless I hear that Wayne was really fired - I beleive the explination that I heard.
**Sid**

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 06:23:28 PM »

Sounds like a reasonable explanation. Curious that this would even be a topic of interest.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
nwaryas

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 07:09:43 PM »

Wesley Ward is the better trainer in Florida for Frank. Today when scape ran third. That broke the camels back, so Frank told him to go back to Chicago.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 08:03:26 PM »

**Sid**

If you were an owner it would be of more interest to you considering the way that Calabrese claims/drops/runs his horses. If a lesser trainer took over up here, even with better horses, he might not do as well as Catman has done---which would open up more win opportunaties for other barns.
**Sid**

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 12:04:15 AM »

To all the Cat/Cal fans,

Fact. A.) Most every horse we claimed at Arlington Park (Summer 2005) won for the same claiming price or higher. Statistically, Catalano's weakest category, is when he drops them in class. It only stands to reason...the drop is generally necessitated by some infirmity. Although Catalano won with the majority of the stock he claimed, you can query those that claimed horses away from him. They're, collectively, not happy folks.  In 63 starts with those horses, you can count the winners' on one hand. Fact. B.) Catalano's 42% winners during the Arlington race meet established a record.  Eclipsing that of Noel Hickey (37%) in 1991. If you check the Equibase statistics for last year, you will find that Wayne M. Catalano was the leading percentage trainer in North America (with over 50 starters).  This is with claiming stock.  Consequently, he's dealing with recycled thoroughbreds, otherwise known as...other people's junk.  If you claimed one for $10,000, and raced them for $5,000, you're not guaranteed to win.  It doesn't work quite that way.  You still need to have the right horse when you lead them over there. Everyone is trying to do the same thing. Win! You better get the purse money when you can...and you better not keep them too long. Ask Michael Gill, his primary downfall is having 200 broke down horses at the farm because people hate to claim off him. To those of you making inaccurate commentaries...I'd like to see you put the tack on just one. If so, I know any jock up would want to reset the saddle in the post parade.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 12:44:28 AM »

Well one of those winners on your one hand was one that we claimed. I beleive that we claimed 3 from Frank at Arlington. In fact I seem to remember that the daily racing form printed an article to that truism(that our horse was the only one that did any good after leaving Wayne's barn)up to that point of the article..The other two got claimed away on their next race from us and neither did very well for the rest of the year.
Wayne and Frank are both good guys. I talk and Mcgaff with them every time I'm there. I didn't really think the original thread was correct. That's why I checked it out before responding. You have to admit that if (and I say "if") Frank changed trainers that he probably wouldn't do as well as he did with Wayne.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 01:29:39 AM by BeauNarro » Report to moderator   Logged
nwaryas

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 06:23:39 PM »

Internship today ran last. Wayne is gone! Wayne has no brains like Frank said
robertv

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »

Nick- hey sonny boy I think your being awfully hard on a trainer who had about 40% winners at
Arlington last year (2005).

You are very fortunate that the great John Franks is a "friend " of yours. If not I'd break that scrawny
little 120lb. body of yours in two pieces. I said this before, if I see you at Trackside this weekend I expect
a swift and sincere apoplogy from you.

Take care Nick Wink
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 10:01:44 PM »

What Im hearing is its a toss up between James Ernesto,Mike Dini and Jeff Jones for the Hawthorne meet Frank C Trainer
Just JOKIN!!

Every one say what ya will about Cat...He yaps and is what he is...But he is ok from the times Ive dealt with him...He never wants to hurt the little guys...

And for horses that did ok after being claimed from Cat...Jades Ace did ok..

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: