Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 01:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Anita  (Read 2491 times)
orioles

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2008, 11:28:51 PM »

Embarrassed Angry Sad Is it just me or has at least one horse broken down or pulled up lame  and vanned off each day since the tracked opened .  Today's 7Th race.
Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 01:11:27 PM »

Embarrassed Angry Sad Is it just me or has at least one horse broken down or pulled up lame  and vanned off each day since the tracked opened .  Today's 7Th race.

It's you.

The very first day I checked, Sunday, Dec. 28th, had no breakdowns, eased horses, pulled up lame, vanned off, nothing. And it was easy enough to find this out before making unwarranted allegations.
bjchapin1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »

You evidently weren't watching Saturday HV. Gomez took a fall in a minor stakes and Indyanne broke down in the stretch in the LaBrea while battling for the win with Baffert's horse. It was ugly stuff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=3795293
Horse Voice

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 04:11:11 PM »

You evidently weren't watching Saturday HV.

"Evidently"? How so?

Poster "orioles" asked if there was a break down, van off, or a pulled up lame at Santa Anita each day since they opened the new meet.

I said that none of that stuff happened on Sunday...so his premise was wrong. I didn't say anything about Saturday. Didn't need to.

Please pay attention.

orioles

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »

Friday opening day 1st race two horses ,one broke down ,one pulled up, o.k. nothing happened SAT.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 06:10:04 PM by orioles » Report to moderator   Logged
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 08:43:44 PM »

This article says 4 in 4 days, so if you look at the average that is what it is:
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/December/30/Santa-Anita-looking-into-breakdowns-on-Pro-Ride.aspx
bjchapin1

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:16:46 PM »

Please pay attention.

I hear you HV, but let's not split hairs. The point is SA's new pro-ride isn't off to that great of a start.
Horse Voice

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 12:19:31 AM »

I hear you HV, but let's not split hairs. The point is SA's new pro-ride isn't off to that great of a start.

And that's the point of my unwillingness to acknowledge "orioles" foregone conclusion -- that there is some sort of "problem" at Santa Anita. Now you are saying that "pro-ride isn't off to that great of a start".

Really? What do you and "orioles" know about track maintenance, about artificial surfaces, about equine health and physiology, about the relative health and condition of the horses involved, etc., to be making any sort of correlations or conclusions about the number of breakdowns at Santa Anita?

I'm not defending artificial surfaces -- in fact, I hate them from a betting perspective -- but having armchair amateurs arriving at some sort of "definitive" reason for 4 breakdowns in 4 days from thousands of miles away is too much; it is, in a word, ridiculous.
bjchapin1

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »

Did I claim to be an expert? Did I profess that SA's new surface is definately unsafe? In your words, pay attention.

No, I said that the breakdowns I have seen were ugly and that the new track isn't off to a good start, because I don't consider 4 breakdowns in 4 days 'normal'. Whether or not the surface is in fact safe or not I haven't the foggiest nor do I claim to.
Horse Voice

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 12:23:34 PM »

Did I claim to be an expert? Did I profess that SA's new surface is definately unsafe? In your words, pay attention.

Be advised that I pay close attention to what people write, and when you wrote that the new track isn't off to a good start, you in effect insinuated that there is a problem with the surface -- whether you realize it or not, and whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Also be advised that I'm the last person on this forum with whom you'd want to play word games, or "antics with semantics" -- you won't win, and I don't care a bit how arrogant that sounds. I'm growing weary of the junior wordsmiths around here who think they can weasel out of what they wrote with a flip of a few words.
bjchapin1

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »

What's your opinion on whats happing at SA thus far HV?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 01:50:22 PM »

HV, you are getting crabby these days!  An observation was offered on breakdowns at the new SA meet and verified by Janine.  You react to it like you own stock in ProRide.  It was JUST an observation, not a journalistic submission by Orioles that had to be fact-checked and researched before printing!  This is an OPINION board!

Terry is being crabby on Derby List and you are being crabby here, no wonder people think you are the same person.

Just a humble opinion from a self-appointed senior wordsmith.
orioles

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 07:38:29 PM »

Huh Another breakdown today  (Wed)
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 07:49:40 PM »

Now that is getting ugly.  WAY too many now.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 11:09:37 PM »

Terry is being crabby on Derby List and you are being crabby here, no wonder people think you are the same person.

No doubt.

You employ idiotic like this logic here, and clockerbob uses idiotic logic on the Derby list.  No wonder people think APCD Dan = clockerbob.

Happy New Year.
arizonadave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 11:53:05 PM »

Charles Barkley tells it like it is,whether we want to hear it or not. God i love downtown old Scottsdale.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 12:18:55 AM »

Charles Barkley tells it like it is,whether we want to hear it or not. God i love downtown old Scottsdale.

Many excellent bars and bar characters there.

I hope to get out there sometime this Spring. If so, the McChump Tour will toddle around old town Scottsdale and say hello to our many friends who have been sitting on the same bar stools 25 years.
edwarren

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 07:05:21 AM »

not sure you can blame the surface for indyanne. too bad for her, just the same
arizonadave

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »

Many excellent bars and bar characters there.

I hope to get out there sometime this Spring. If so, the McChump Tour will toddle around old town Scottsdale and say hello to our many friends who have been sitting on the same bar stools 25 years.

terry there is a great OTB in old town Scottsdale. Its called the Upper Deck, great sports bar. yell at me when you come here.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »

No doubt.

You employ idiotic like this logic here, and clockerbob uses idiotic logic on the Derby list.  No wonder people think APCD Dan = clockerbob.

Happy New Year.

Good article
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 12:17:47 AM »

I hope you all listened to me enough to bet Sutherland in the last race at Santa Anita.  And put her in your pick 4.

Thank you Chantale!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 02:04:55 AM »

terry there is a great OTB in old town Scottsdale. Its called the Upper Deck, great sports bar. yell at me when you come here.

Will do, though don't know how much daytime we'll actually be in the Phoenix area. A road trip to Santa Anita is contemplated that will consume most of my planned l-o-o-o-n-g weekend.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 02:05:27 AM »

Good article

Aren't they all.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 11:15:28 PM »

I'm DONE WITH SANTA ANITA!  Done, I tell ya.   I am so mad.  And you'd think I'd have good Karma with taking chocolates to the OTB, NO, no good Karma at all.

I wore my lucky hat, I gave a voucher to a guy who needed it, I took the chocolates, I prayed before the races, I had my lucky breakfast, I was overly nice to the one guy who shoves his winning (stupid ones, too)  ) tickets in our faces, I visited a track employee in the hospital, I got up early so my husband could have HIS favorite breakfast and I LOSE.  Now getting up early was six thirty AM.  That alone should have done it.  Dang!
edwarren

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 09:24:54 AM »

great post pam. what is a lucky breakfast?

I'm looking at the featured steak at Santa Anita today, no pun intended.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:29:10 AM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: