Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 12:01:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHICAGO WHITE SOX  (Read 5986 times)
race track phil

« on: October 24, 2005, 10:20:23 PM »

cant help but how about the white sox ! who would ever think that chicago would have a chance to win a world series ? can you imagine if they sweep the astros ! this town is already going nuts on the south side . the north side is kind of quiet ! nows the time to bet there a big dog for tomorrows game . looks to me like its destiny for them to win . I dont ever remember a month like this the white sox winning and tony leaving . god has answered my prayers and I will never ask for anything again .    RTP

PS   MAYBE JUST ONE MORE BIG PIK 6 !
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 10:28:07 PM »

cant help but how about the white sox ! who would ever think that chicago would have a chance to win a world series ? can you imagine if they sweep the astros ! this town is already going nuts on the south side . the north side is kind of quiet ! nows the time to bet there a big dog for tomorrows game . looks to me like its destiny for them to win . I dont ever remember a month like this the white sox winning and tony leaving . god has answered my prayers and I will never ask for anything again .    RTP

PS   MAYBE JUST ONE MORE BIG PIK 6 !

Phil all we need now is for the Johnson's to be caught by the FBI paying off some of the IRB board members and Langley to retire to Marco Island to bartend at his " SNOOK INN " (if it's still standing after Willma). And if Doc comes down with a case of the bird flu then Chicago can really go nuts.
sn

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 10:35:50 PM »

Phil, if the sox can beat Oswalt tomm. (and they will) then , as "The hawk" Harrelson would say, "You can put it on the board YES!!!!" because the stro's dont have a pitcher for game 4, Clemons is hurt, Pettite is shot and if they try to pitch Backe, Forget about it!!!! so I guess what I'm saying is tomm. is key!!!
I have to admit I wish it was Da cubbies only because I cant stand to see that CHEAPSKATE Reinsdorf win anything!!! he ruined Da bulls and he trys to win every year with cheap players and a cheaply paid staff!!! The guy is about as much of an embarrasment to Chi. as That other cheapskate that owns Da Hawks, but that another story.
Now they have'nt even won yet and there doing it again, They dont even want to pay their only power guy Konerko Rumor is that he's going to Anaheim to hit behind Vlad!!!
Dont worry Phil, after you cash that pic 6 tick ( and you will) after all he answered your call on TM right? you will be out here soon and the only thing you will have to worry about is making the reservation at Nora's......Right harnessfan???
race track phil

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 10:45:48 PM »

SN ,    the only thing reinsdorf ever did good was tell that actor who knocked the sox john cusack . to take a walk he refused him tickets ! but he wont let konerko go ! if he does he 'll get tarred and feathered by the fans . at the ballpark the fans yell paulie paulie all night long . he cant be that dumb ? I think posednick and konerko have a home for a long time . I HOPE !
                                       RTP
sn

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 10:59:53 PM »

RTP, they had all year to lock up "Paulie" and they did'nt do it!!!! after he cranked those HR's out in Anaheim the owner of the halo's said he wants him for next year and you know what he's got a whole lot of cash to back it up!!!!
So dont be surprized if you heard the last of the "Paulie, Paulie" chants on the south side!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 08:25:19 AM »

It has to be fate if Posednik is hitting GW-home runs -LOL.  "Go You White Sox".  TC
race track phil

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 01:29:17 AM »

It has to be fate if Posednik is hitting GW-home runs -LOL.  "Go You White Sox".  TC
         t c      you must be right ! fate ! how in the hell did they just win this game . blum hits homer after a great double play by the astros ! destiny or fate . its all over but the shouting ! never thought I would see a world series winner in chicago . life is complete !     RTP
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 01:36:07 AM »

t c      you must be right ! fate ! how in the hell did they just win this game . blum hits homer after a great double play by the astros ! destiny or fate . its all over but the shouting ! never thought I would see a world series winner in chicago . life is complete !     RTP

I don't want to see the Sox win -- but I'm glad they got me home on my Pinny OVER 11.5!!

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
race track phil

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 03:59:59 AM »

EDWARD ,      your a true cub fan ! see i'm a chicago fan who wants all chicago teams to win . point being I've lived here all my life . even some die hard cub fans are glad to see the sox winning . now show a little respect for a good team that plays hard . I know its tough to swallow . but maybe next year busty baker will make good decisions and the cubs will win Huh see if you were'nt so biased you could have gotten + 170 like I did . did you know hawthorne is going to make all employee's wear a sox cap ! but chicago will always be a cubs town in baseball . but its really a bears town first . yes the cubs will outdraw the sox next year and forever ! did you ever wonder why ?
                                          RTP
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 04:05:18 AM »

Phil,

They have played damn good baseball in the playoffs.  But I still hate them as a rite of passage!

You should definitely check out the Live Betting on Pinnacle, if you aren't already.  Betting against the grain is an excellent way to make some profit -- got the White Sox at +800 today when they were down 4-0.  They also have over/unders running for most of the game...as long as you get a switch (lead change or lots of runs/long stretch of shutout), you can actually put yourself into a win-win situation -- had the Sox at +800 and the Astros at +350, with OVER 7, OVER 7.5, OVER 9.5, OVER 11.5, and UNDER 9.5 just to back it up.  It's definitely a fun time!

Best,
EW

burright

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 12:59:59 PM »

Hey. the best part is that the Johnston's are all Yankee fans due to their association
with co-owner of Maywood and Balmoral, George Steinbrenner. Its not surprising that
they would attempt to jump on the White Sox bandwagon with their corny stunts.
Go White Sox!!!
race track phil

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 01:14:31 AM »

WORLD CHAMPS CHICAGO WHITE SOX !

YOU CUB FANS SOON AS BUSTY BAKERS CONTRACT IS UP !
               IT WILL BE YOUR TURN !              RTP
tha_lucky_one

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 08:24:01 AM »

HE GONE!!

WHAT A GAME THAT WAS LAST NIGHT!!!! Grin
emp

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 05:18:51 PM »

Five Chicago sports fans were climbing a mountain one day.
Each was a fan of a different Chicago team and each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans to their team. As they climbed higher, they argued as to which one of them was the most loyal of all.
They continued to argue all the way up the mountain, and finally as they reached the top, the Blackhawk fan hurled himself off the mountain, shouting, "This is for the Hawks!!!" as he fell to his doom.  Not wanting to be outdone, the Bulls fan threw himself off the mountain, proclaiming, "This is for the greatest team of the 90's!!! "Seeing this, the Bears fan walked over and shouted, "This is for DA COACH!!!", and leapt to his death.
The two remaining fans just looked at each other in stunned silence.
After a minute, the Sox Fan shouted, "This is for everyone on the South Side!!!"
and pushed the Cub fan off of the mountain.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 05:38:33 PM »

HE GONE!!

WHAT A GAME THAT WAS LAST NIGHT!!!! Grin

Lowest rated Series ever.  No matter what the Southside says, there's no doubt that the TV execs will be rooting for my beloved Cubbies next year to save the ratings!

Glad to see that the normal attendance carried over into the ratings, however.

Best,
EW

emp

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 05:40:34 PM »

Two good things may happen in the near future......maybe we should have john pull these two off.

1. Buy the Cubbies from the Tribune and DO SOMETHING please!

2. Somehow get the people here in Illinois to figure out the program here and get things moving OR get this VEGAS DOWNS idea rolling if it is at all possible.
Dan Nance

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 05:47:49 PM »

Lowest rated Series ever.  No matter what the Southside says, there's no doubt that the TV execs will be rooting for my beloved Cubbies next year to save the ratings!

Best,
EW

Yeah, those Astros killed the ratings didn't they? Nobody wanted to see the Sox play them. Sox vs Cards is what the TV execs wanted.

Your beloved Cubbies won't win a pennant before you die. Maybe your grandkids will see the beloved Cubbies win a pennant after they get out of Wrigley Field that jinx run down park.

Your beloved Cubbies blew it two years ago and then tried to blame some poor fan. They won't come that close again for the next 40 years. They are born losers and Jinxed themselves and the park back in the 40's.
BIG FAN

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 07:19:39 PM »

What a parade!I heard it started in Bridgeport,through China Town,Pilsen/Little Village,past UIC and finishing up on La salle..The news estimated that 1.7 million people turned out.That is great this city needed it!GO SOX!!!!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 07:32:39 PM »

Best,
EW
EW, the ratings would have tripled if Houston wasn't watching the fine programming of Telemundo instead of the World Series.  Baseball is an elitest sport, Nielson viewers are 85% braindead, and there's millions of people who don't watch if the Yankees aren't in it.  The White sox have no superstars, just winners of a World Champion caliber.  This statement is from a lifelong northsider and former Cub fan, so no bias here.  TC
Richard Breth

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 07:35:56 PM »

Dan ***

This is a serious question. About the "Las Vegas Downs" people have been talking about here for a long time and now showed up again in this thread.

Is parimutuel racing legal in Nevada outside county fairs?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: