Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 04:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prize art  (Read 12994 times)
deerstand

« on: December 07, 2008, 10:43:15 AM »

Seems to have raced big for Ronnie Roberts at the bigM good luck out there.
Hope you do well and all is successfull for a man who deserves a break for a change.And the best of luck to johnny when he makes his return!! thumbs up
Report to moderator   Logged
Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:27:24 AM »

Ditto.  Prize Art was a likely winner last night had Campbell not fallen asleep and allow the pocket horse to retake.  Ronnie needs to learn that JC is merely a "best of the rest" kind of driver nowadays and he shouldn't look to give him first call.  If he is going to have any long term success on the eastcoast he will have to forge an alliance with a younger driver.
Gb

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:33:09 AM »

Ditto.  Prize Art was a likely winner last night had Campbell not fallen asleep and allow the pocket horse to retake.  Ronnie needs to learn that JC is merely a "best of the rest" kind of driver nowadays and he shouldn't look to give him first call.  If he is going to have any long term success on the eastcoast he will have to forge an alliance with a younger driver.
What was J.C supposed to do there? They went 54 to the 1/2. Race brennan and go 52-53 to the half and get nothing?Huh  doh
Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 12:04:04 PM »

Please don't be silly.  Brennan stays put if JC stays awake.  Miller took right up after Brennan because Brennan was the weak link in the race!  If JC holds the engine, Brennan stays put, and Miller keeps the 3-hole.  End of story.  Prize Art was loaded with pace and Timmy doesn't reach.  No legitimate analysis would defend JC allowing a retake.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 12:07:20 PM »

Prize Art raced just great and we wish Ronnie Roberts does well in New Jersey .By the way what happened to Geore Brennans skills he looks like  deer in headlights these days . If i remember correctly the guy was a very skilled drivers a few years ago .....
Gb

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »

Prize Art raced just great and we wish Ronnie Roberts does well in New Jersey .By the way what happened to Geore Brennans skills he looks like  deer in headlights these days . If i remember correctly the guy was a very skilled drivers a few years ago .....

he missed 5 months with an injury, missed the last month and a half of the summer big M meet and still finished 2nd to Sears in the drivers standings. he will be fine, got his first winner last night with a Joe Anderson horse and paid $72 bucks.
Old and Slow

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »

Seems to have raced big for Ronnie Roberts at the bigM good luck out there.
Hope you do well and all is successfull for a man who deserves a break for a change.And the best of luck to johnny when he makes his return!! thumbs up
thumbs up  I hope the Red Head does well out there!
John, if you read this, grab the chance given to you and don't look back, stay focused ahead!

I know one thing for sure.  Indecision may or may not be my problem.
deerstand

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »

this had to be the worst punishment johnny could of received! watching a colt like Prize Art
race as big as he did and johnny couldn't drive the best horse his dads ever had
Mo Doc N

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »

OMG , YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO MAKE HURL ALREADY

THE WHOLE ROBERTS CLAN ARE BUST OUTS THEY CHEAT, DO DRUGS AND STARVE HORSES. NUFF SAID

HIS BEST HORSE WAS HIS MSSSEJ , WHERE IS SHE NOW?

The Panderosa

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »

Please don't be silly.  Brennan stays put if JC stays awake.  Miller took right up after Brennan because Brennan was the weak link in the race!  If JC holds the engine, Brennan stays put, and Miller keeps the 3-hole.  End of story.  Prize Art was loaded with pace and Timmy doesn't reach.  No legitimate analysis would defend JC allowing a retake.
You can't tell me a guy is falling asleep in that class in December at 6-1 going to a half in 54.  Thats a ridiculous statement.  The fact is Brennan was 3-1 and didn't have enough respect for Prize Art because he hasn't proven anything out there yet.  He didn't think he could rely on him carrying his horse to the stretch.  Campbell did just fine, if he parks him he might not finish second, and it's ignorant for someone to claim he would've won the race on the front the whole way.  Contrary to your belief, that's not an easy thing to do at the Big M.
balmoral buddy

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »

You can't tell me a guy is falling asleep in that class in December at 6-1 going to a half in 54.  Thats a ridiculous statement.  The fact is Brennan was 3-1 and didn't have enough respect for Prize Art because he hasn't proven anything out there yet.  He didn't think he could rely on him carrying his horse to the stretch.  Campbell did just fine, if he parks him he might not finish second, and it's ignorant for someone to claim he would've won the race on the front the whole way.  Contrary to your belief, that's not an easy thing to do at the Big M.

Common Sense usually doesn't work when you try to tell someone who just lost his $2 bet.  It is always the driver or trainer's fault.
If I owned the horse I would be thrilled to be second.
The Panderosa

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »

I completely agree, and he also has some left in the tank for next week, rather than gassing him the whole mile.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 07:29:48 PM »

I completely agree, and he also has some left in the tank for next week, rather than gassing him the whole mile.
Man I agree  with you and B Buddy.
If I could buy a horse for $1,500  take it to The Meadowlands, get JC to drive, and finish second going in 1:50  I would be doing handstands off the back of the trailer.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:37:27 PM by looking in » Report to moderator   Logged

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
FILLYNATION

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 12:21:41 PM »

Best thing to happen to Ronnie Roberts was not having to list Johnny Roberts to drive anymore after his son failed again and again ... Ronnie Roberts can use drivers who are skilled and his son can stay in Illinois working with horses at a farm for $300 a week .If this treatment (tough love ) doesn't help his son a longtime drug abuser nothing will !!!
Good Luck Ronnie
deerstand

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 07:50:40 PM »

Such a fairy tale kinda reminds me of a 60s sitcom now remove the name Jed and replace it with red,and lets all sang along y'all!(here's a store bout a man name red)  (ny)all in fun

FILLYNATION

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »

After reading previous postings i would have to agree why horse from the 2 hole may have pulled on Prize Art .I guess after watching how awesome horse races in Illinois i thought staying put in the 2 hole behind Prize Art  was a good move but Brennan may have had different thoughts and he is a well known driver .
As for Ronnie Roberts recent success i think losing Bobbi Smolin and John Roberts as drivers upgraded his stock . Bobbi S and John R are very similar driver skills wise both are average at best and neither could train a cat to use a litter box .
Jokester

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »

I believe Prize Art was a sitting duck to Southwestern Dream if he tried to cut the mile. That would have been a very hard half for Prized Art, compared to Tetrick relaxed first half on SW Dream. Great mile by Prized Art but race didn't set up good for him. They meet again this Saturday.
Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 05:14:53 PM »

Good luck to both "Ronnies" tonight.  Beat the "CREEK"!!
deerstand

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »

I would love to see Johnny the rocket on this horse tonight he would make them guys work for it!They wouldn't push him around like they're doing  (chi)Ryan Anderson thumbs up
Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 07:57:42 PM »

YESSSSSSSS!!  Great win, Ronnie.  All he needed was a grownup drive.
deerstand

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »

I'd be willing to say he'll get a nice price out there for him,can't go lame in the bank!!

Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »

I hope your rightfor Ronnie's sake but nobody seems to want to give the horse any credit.  Could be the sire, but GEEZ, $31 win with a $139 exacta coming off a huge mile last week AND getting Pierce to boot.  This thing can make a lot of money for the Roberts on the eastcoast so if they do sell they should insist on top dollar.  But if Ron is going to insist on using Campbell, then he may as well sell.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 09:51:04 PM »

I'd be willing to say he'll get a nice price out there for him,can't go lame in the bank!!

Deerstand,
Have you ever seen the horse up close?
There is a good reson why he sold for $1,700 as a yearling and $1,500 as a two year old.
When Prize Art is facing north his left front leg is facing northwest, and his right front leg is facing northeast.
More then one trainer has looked at the horse and said "Ronnie you got to be kidding".

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
deerstand

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 10:02:13 PM »

Trust me the cash register was ringing tonight!Probally brought in a nice price the hammer fell Ronnie did a hall of a job with that colt if that is true the only way he was heading was SOLD!!!If that mile didn't get him sold none will!!
Bachst Inn

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »

Deerstand, do you know for a fact that PA is going into the Jan. mixed sale at the Med? Or any other sale in the near future? You may be right about the money.  PA's Langley mile is still on the recent charts and that is one of the most grueling 3/4s ever paced by a colt at BLMP.  Either way, the Roberts clan has to be feeling a lot better tonight than last week.  I know I am.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: