Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 01:33:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony at Dover...  (Read 14752 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2005, 07:33:52 PM »

Tony Morgan has F***ING FAILED every time he's gone against the big guys in overnight situations.  His stakes record is nearly as pathetic.  I don't mean to be rude to any individual on this forum at this time, but could we stop canonizing the "ultimate bet-against", devil maggot, stain now that he's gone from our lives, other than when the greediest C***sucker on the planet "lines up" a few on Friday.  Enough already, you people who think the guy was some sort of saint in driver's garb are totally clueless as to the depths the Captain sunk the game in this state.  TC

Damn, TC -- relax.  Don't let your love for Tony cloud your vision -- haha.

He's going to whip them silly down there.  You are right, though, he's been miserable in stakes competition -- but I think he can hang with Pierce and Sears in overnight competition.

delaware tony
wire to wire all day
four wins in six starts

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2005, 07:51:28 PM »

Damn, TC -- relax.  Don't let your love for Tony cloud your vision -- haha.

He's going to whip them silly down there.  You are right, though, he's been miserable in stakes competition -- but I think he can hang with Pierce and Sears in overnight competition.

delaware tony
wire to wire all day
four wins in six starts

Best,
EW
EW, I can draw no other conclusion from the fact that you think the guy was good for racing in IL other than to say you're young or royally misinformed.  You are a smart guy, maybe you just have stars in your eyes or something.  Tony ruined so many horsemen's lives you'd need one of your spreadsheets to keep track.  He was better when he drove winners for GH, who was gassin' 'em up at every opportunity.  When he was seduced by the true darkside and became a "kingpin", te game went right down the hill.  The IHHA made the biggest mistake of their lives when they gave him the keys to the kingdom, because no individual in the history of IL racing was as self-centered and cared less about anybody other than himself or his cronies.  He's stolen more owners than anyone in harness history, badmouthed more of his peers, made the worst deals, and set the game back more years than we know.  As a bright young, thinking lad, how do you not see this ?  Is it OK for you to play into races where someone is the de facto trainer of 3 horses or secretly owns more than one uncoupled horse ?  Are you lacking a total sense of awareness out in the collar counties ?  Have I misjudged your acumen ?  The funniest thing was when a good friend who works at the track once said in a Munchkin-like voice..."another Morgan win...".  I guarantee you six figures he didn't "earn" all those wins on talent.  Many were the byproduct of "lineups".  I really don't mind a guy helping himself to a score every now and then; some people never know when enough is enough, and your "boy" is one of them.  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2005, 07:57:41 PM »

EW, I can draw no other conclusion from the fact that you think the guy was good for racing in IL other than to say you're young or royally misinformed.  You are a smart guy, maybe you just have stars in your eyes or something.  Tony ruined so many horsemen's lives you'd need one of your spreadsheets to keep track.  He was better when he drove winners for GH, who was gassin' 'em up at every opportunity.  When he was seduced by the true darkside and became a "kingpin", te game went right down the hill.  The IHHA made the biggest mistake of their lives when they gave him the keys to the kingdom, because no individual in the history of IL racing was as self-centered and cared less about anybody other than himself or his cronies.  He's stolen more owners than anyone in harness history, badmouthed more of his peers, made the worst deals, and set the game back more years than we know.  As a bright young, thinking lad, how do you not see this ?  Is it OK for you to play into races where someone is the de facto trainer of 3 horses or secretly owns more than one uncoupled horse ?  Are you lacking a total sense of awareness out in the collar counties ?  Have I misjudged your acumen ?  The funniest thing was when a good friend who works at the track once said in a Munchkin-like voice..."another Morgan win...".  I guarantee you six figures he didn't "earn" all those wins on talent.  Many were the byproduct of "lineups".  I really don't mind a guy helping himself to a score every now and then; some people never know when enough is enough, and your "boy" is one of them.  TC

Didn't say he was "good" for the IL game, TC...just that he'll kick the crap out of them in DE.

I don't form an opinion on him, because I've only owned one, and I'm primarily just a player.  He's driven for me and mine in the past, and was always a good guy to me.  Therefore, I'm either neutral, or leaning in his direction slightly.

At some point, I'll have to do more research and hear more stories.

Best,
EW

Justafan

« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2005, 08:02:07 PM »

It's like watching Ali against a child. 
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2005, 08:06:03 PM »

mean in chicago?
way too much at dover downs
with laughable ease

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2005, 08:10:28 PM »

tony now bet well
10 to 1 is morning line
opens at even

TC

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2005, 08:14:43 PM »

Didn't say he was "good" for the IL game, TC...just that he'll kick the crap out of them in DE.

I don't form an opinion on him, because I've only owned one, and I'm primarily just a player.  He's driven for me and mine in the past, and was always a good guy to me.  Therefore, I'm either neutral, or leaning in his direction slightly.

At some point, I'll have to do more research and hear more stories.

Best,
EW
Let's just all wait and see how everything settles down with Mr. Morgan leaving town mostly.   I think we lost the best all-around horseman, but we gained quite a bit in his departure.  I hope Tony and his family are never denied any joy in life.  Last year, when some goof made comments about his daughter, I was the first to chastise them.  I've only made one comment about Penny, and it was racing related and not mean-spirited.  I actually feel a little bad forTony, because he's not leaving here on top of his game IMO.  I'm glad for him that he's enjoyed early success at Dover and I hope it lasts for him.  I am excited to see how the sport carries on here without him.  I'm excited some new people get opportunities to hone their craft as drivers and trainers.  The players should know shortly if their plays are in peril, or if this is a truly free place where the term "lineup" is replaced by competition.  This way, it will be a win-win for everybody and more "folks" will have a chance to get their "steeds" a picture, and the players may taste more jackpots when prices reach (and the supposed good drivers don't).  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2005, 08:16:19 PM »

He's on the one this race. I need him here to show a profit for today.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2005, 08:22:30 PM »

He's on the one this race. I need him here to show a profit for today.

Congrats, Dan.

Best,
EW

Justafan

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2005, 08:22:54 PM »

It is getting to be laughable.  That little punk on the 9 thought he had something there.  Tony just got up next to him and coasted and then said go.  I just hope these places continue to take Dover.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2005, 08:24:09 PM »

He's so much better than these, it's ridiculous.  10/1 ML first over.  Sheesh.

Love how he tucked the whip away with about 100 yards to go even though they were flying up on him -- he knew.   Cheesy

Best,
EW

Justafan

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2005, 08:29:01 PM »

I've always thought he was the best...period!  People can talk about Case all they want, but Tony has done things that I've never seen Case do.  I'm not sure why Tony never went to the "Show" but he obviously had his reasons. 
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2005, 08:31:55 PM »

Batting a paltry .792 through two days.  Pinnacle should put up a over/under prop on his UDRS for the meet.

What would you guys guess?  I'll say .400.

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2005, 08:37:29 PM »

I've always thought he was the best...period!  People can talk about Case all they want, but Tony has done things that I've never seen Case do.  I'm not sure why Tony never went to the "Show" but he obviously had his reasons. 

This is like" Barry Bonds " playing in the minor leagues. Morgan loves it, racing against these clowns. He won't go to" Big Show" because he knows it wouldn't be like this. GET IT !!

I don't think two many people are going to be happy with him coming in and taking over the show. And just think....he hasn't even got started yet.
Dan Nance

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2005, 08:40:40 PM »

This is like" Barry Bonds " playing in the minor leagues. Morgan loves it, racing against these clowns. He won't go to" Big Show" because he knows it wouldn't be like this. GET IT !!

I don't think two many people are going to be happy with him coming in and taking over the show. And just think....he hasn't even gotten started yet.

baron

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »

Morgan is going to get beat by a huge amount of wins by a 19 year old this meet.. How's that going to look, boys?

trotter

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2005, 08:48:01 PM »

Kick ass Tony.......loving it!!!
baron

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2005, 08:49:23 PM »

schooled by a 19 year old.. this certainly speaks volumes about the best chicago has to offer..send over some more, ***..
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2005, 08:53:19 PM »

schooled by a 19 year old.. this certainly speaks volumes about the best chicago has to offer..send over some more, ***..

Schooled by a 19 year old?  Yeah, he's pretty shitty -- only batting 792 through the first two days.  He better pick it up if wants to get any drives.

Best,
EW

baron

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2005, 08:54:34 PM »

dont be mad.. a 19 year old redneck farmer (as you claim) will whoop up on your best.. It's hilarious..

redneck

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2005, 09:21:48 PM »

dont be mad.. a 19 year old redneck farmer (as you claim) will whoop up on your best.. It's hilarious..

Every blind squirrel will find a nut eventually?
Tony`s horse must have been over 20-1
baron

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2005, 09:37:58 PM »

Blind squirrel? He led the Harrington meet in wins and will probably be top 2 with Hanners for the Dover meet.. Get a clue bub..
TC

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2005, 10:15:01 PM »

BTW, to list a UDR with two days of racing and few starts is no way for a chart maker or stats man to go about skewing numbers.   I'll take under .400 for the meet.  Can anyone cover $100,000 ?  LOL  TC
SouthFlorida

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2005, 10:24:10 PM »

Get a clue bub..

Heyu SN who does this sound like??

The clue is in my first word
baron

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2005, 10:31:31 PM »

What would lil tony's udr be at Meadowlands for a full meet?

I would guess about where Brent Holland's ended up...

BTW, to list a UDR with two days of racing and few starts is no way for a chart maker or stats man to go about skewing numbers.   I'll take under .400 for the meet.  Can anyone cover $100,000 ?  LOL  TC
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: