Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 01:15:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dale Hiteman--Congratulations!!  (Read 2484 times)
trotter1

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »

I just wanted to personally congratulate Dale (the rail) Hiteman on the following
statistics:

Through 10-15-08 at Balmoral--

Starts      1st      2nd      3rd       Win %      In Money %
379         21        34       42          5.5          25.5

-----------------------------------------------------------
Also, on Dales LAST 8 nights of racing at Balmoral:

Starts      1st      2nd     3rd       Win%         In Money %
50            1         1        5           2.0           14.0

Congratualtions Dale on having the LOWEST WIN% & In Money %
of ANY driver in Chicago.

Dale, you make my handicapping MUCH EASIER by always throwing you
off my tickets --even if you happen to be on the "lock of the night".

Gee, thank goodness you've won 6000 races (or whatever the number is) during
your career and thank goodness you don't abuse your horses--in fact--
I believe that when you bring your horses back to the trainer after the race
many of your horses don't even realize they've even ran in the race yet!!

Congratulations on picking up your $25 guaranteed drivers fee on the approximate
275 drives where you haven't finished better than 5th.

------------------------------------------------------------

I guess Dale's just not getting the "good" NW4/CLAIMED 8k horses that all the other drivers
are, right?

How in the HELL can a driver have a 14% IN THE MONEY percentage?? in their last 50 drives?

The Cubs have won about 10,100 games in their career so don't give me this Dale's won
6000 races crap--he's an embarrassment out there--of course I don't bet on him but
you would almost think he's getting paid off to not hit the board.

25% in the money % from 379 starts at Balmoral?   Unbelievable!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:23:05 PM by trotter1 » Report to moderator   Logged
davenchop

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »

couldnt agree more... dale hiteman may have been  decent at one time but its time to give it up. or maybe stan banks and doug hamilton can start driving again geezer
Report to moderator   Logged
WD40

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 03:37:55 PM »

Have you noticed who Dale has driven for?Dale does what Dale is asked to do!!I see when Dale drives for Mr.Welch he drives like Roger (THE TROT MASTER WELCH)tells him to!!When he drives the benita simmons stables horses he drive just like she tells him too!!Mr.Hiteman drives as he is told. Dale can still get one over when he's got one!!Never underestimate Mr.Hiteman!!LOOK AT WHAT DALE IS WORKING WITH!!! thumbs up
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 03:46:08 PM »

That makes a lot of sense.  So....in his last 50 drives you're saying that 49 times the trainer told him to NOT try to win or come in 2nd??  In his last 379 starts you're saying the trainers INSTRUCTED HIM TO NOT even finished 3rd 75% of the time???

Wow, that's quite a stretch.   I have another theory--he's a pathetic shell of a driver he
used to be.   Sure, tonight he'll probably bring home a 20-1 shot.  Only problem is--the horse
would only be 20-1  because Dale's driving.  With any other driver on it's probably a 10-1 shot
MAX.

So, on the rare occassions he actually WINS (and I DO mean RARE).  It's probably on a decent
priced horse at overlay odds because the public avoids Hiteman horses like the plague.
noc

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 03:49:52 PM »

couldnt agree more... dale hiteman may have been  decent at one time but its time to give it up. or maybe stan banks and doug hamilton can start driving again geezer
Hamilton still drives one of his on occasion. beer beer beer
WD40

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 05:22:32 PM »

Ok then why would Bruce (minime) GRIDER.Send Dale out east to drive grand circut calaper horses (mud on the tires)?Cause Dale still has it when on a live on !!
noc

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »

Ok then why would Bruce (minime) GRIDER.Send Dale out east to drive grand circut calaper horses (mud on the tires)?Cause Dale still has it when on a live on !!
I did not know that a $40K claimer at Chester, MUD ON THE TIRES, is considered a Grand Circuit caliber horse.  screwy screwy
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 07:10:39 PM »

I just wanted to personally congratulate Dale (the rail) Hiteman on the following
statistics:

Through 10-15-08 at Balmoral--

Starts      1st      2nd      3rd       Win %      In Money %
379         21        34       42          5.5          25.5

Also, on Dales LAST 8 nights of racing at Balmoral:

Starts      1st      2nd     3rd       Win%         In Money %
50            1         1        5           2.0           14.0

I am honestly surprised it's that high! 

And some of these arguments are just bizarre.  "He does what he's told"?  Do you have to tell a receptionist that she should answer the phone when it rings?  You hire a driver to drive your horse & you hire a receptionist to answer the phone!  If she doesn't answer the phone, you fire her.  If he can't drive...

How about "Dale can't get a live drive".  I can't imagine why with such a stout win %.  Are these the same horsemen who race a 5 claimer in 10's, go off at 30-1 every week & then complain that they can't beat those other trainers who must be juicing & oh by the way, also use Oosting, Holland or Magee?  Just bizarre!

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:06:23 PM »

maybe 'cause no other driver wanted it and Dale said he'd like to: "see what the rail looks like on the east coast".

Lips Sealed
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 04:16:43 AM »

Kinda reminds you of Ron Marsh, doesn't it?
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 08:19:39 AM »

Trotter's had a hard on agst Hiteman for some time now....and Vegas Jay - comparing Hiteman to Marsh Huh  please.  only similarity is they were both excellent drivers....two of the best chicago has seen over the years....and both have diminished skills at the end of their careers....Hiteman was never anything short of a professional....Marsh is a cheating gambling dope fiend and was an embarrassment to himself and his profession and the sport.

Trotter must have used Hiteman on some tickets recently....Trotter - quit using him so you dont have to continually bash him on here.....
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 09:20:21 AM »

Kinda reminds you of Ron Marsh, doesn't it?

Absolutely.  We're not talking personal histories here, Joe B - but a perfect comparison skill wise.  Neither of them has been even halfway bet-able in years.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »

Trotter's had a hard on agst Hiteman for some time now....and Vegas Jay - comparing Hiteman to Marsh Huh  please.  only similarity is they were both excellent drivers....two of the best chicago has seen over the years....and both have diminished skills at the end of their careers....Hiteman was never anything short of a professional....Marsh is a cheating gambling dope fiend and was an embarrassment to himself and his profession and the sport.

Trotter must have used Hiteman on some tickets recently....Trotter - quit using him so you dont have to continually bash him on here.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your comments are quite puzzling to me.  On EVERY post about Hiteman I state that I DO NOT
use the guy and ALWAYS throw him off my ticket.  You then say....Trotter must have used Hiteman recently..... Hard to figure where you get that.

I'm making a point that something is wrong here.  No, I do not feel Hiteman cheats or has ever been accused of that.  But how in the world can you have THESE kinds of percentages in Chicago?   I mean, really, JoeB, wouldn't you be absolutely ashamed of yourself as a
professional harness driver to be bringing in results like this?

Let me ask this question to all out there:

If Oosting, Holland, Widger, or even Dane had the EXACT same 379 horses to drive in the EXACT same races do you feel they would be bringing in the same %'s for WPS ?

Of course not--so therefore it's NOT THE HORSES in question--it's Hitemans (lack of)
abilitly or effort.  He owes the public a better effort as there are people (NOT ME--got it
JoeB?) that do bet on him.

So, If I bit*h about LOVIE SMITH being a terrible coach does that mean I "must have been
betting on the Bears?".  Not at all--just making an OBSERVATION as a sports fan about what
I see.

How can Hiteman justify his numbers?  They are atrocious--if he had gone to the east coast
and put these numbers up I could understand for awhile but HERE?     No!
vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »

In comparing Hiteman to Marsh, I meant absolutely no disrespect to Dale's character and I apologize if anyone took what I said the wrong way. I had forgotten about Marsh's troubled history. The only comparison I meant to make was that their driving abilities seem to be at about the same level now.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »

100% right Joe.

Trotter, your handicapping skills must be fantastic.
You throw out a driver with low, low percentages.
Anymore great tips for us?
I agree with Joe.
You must have lost some bets on the poor percentage driver.
I think that makes you look worse than Hiteman's recent driving record.
davenchop

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »

burton. are you in love with hiteman, youre always backing up this guy.. fact he sucks who cares about 15 years ago, dale hiteman still gets bet down quite often and very seldom wins (which is very useful when betting) at anything other than 10 or 20-1 when the only way to pick the horse is with a dart

BET HITEMAN... LOSE MONEY.....
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 11:04:23 PM »

I love guys i can auto toss ,elimination is half the battle. But why kick a good man when he's down. I know how good Dale once was and how much money he won for years. From all accounts that i've heard , he's a decent guy who's not a crook. Throw him out of your tickets and be done with it. No need to post about it. Magee is not the driver he once was but no reason to bash him.  WTH ?

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
Double Joker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »

I can remember in the 80's Tony Salvaro during a race calling "The Buckeye goes to the whip".....Those were the days!Dale is a nice guy and has always given me an honest drive. flag clover
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »

Anybody realize that Robert Smolin won more races Friday at Maywood than Hiteman has won this meet?  If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does!

trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »

100% right Joe.

Trotter, your handicapping skills must be fantastic.
You throw out a driver with low, low percentages.
Anymore great tips for us?
I agree with Joe.
You must have lost some bets on the poor percentage driver.
I think that makes you look worse than Hiteman's recent driving record.

-------------------------------------

Burton-
Nice try to egg me on but not biting.   I'm an observer and made an observation a
about a driver in Chicago who is performing pathetically and should be ashamed of
himself.  That's it.
davenchop

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »

we rest our case...............xtra perfect...
momo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 07:19:36 AM »

the only drive hiteman should get is taking Miss Daisy to church on sundays.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 07:38:27 AM »

----------------------------------------------

Well, Miss Daisy will be the 6th - 10th old lady to arrive that day--she certainly won't
be in the top 5.

Cheesy
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If there's ANYONE out there that still thinks Dale Hiteman can drive they should watch
the drive he gave the #6 horse in the 7th race at Balmoral.

He was 1st or 2nd favorite.  I had Anderson (#4) in my Pick-5.   Anderson leaves, gets the lead and Dale gets hung from the 6 HOLE and decides to brush to the top.  Now I'm thinking, GREAT
we have to go around him.   Then the #2 horse (sitting 3rd or 4th I believe) makes a strong
1st over brush move and clears Hiteman easily.  Now I'm thinking Dale screwed us up since
he's going to back up in Andersons face.

Fortunately Anderson is a PATIENT driver and used his racing skills to easily recover and win
the race.  Dale......probably finished 4th or 5th (as usual).

Just a horrible drive (once again on Hitemans part).
union

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 10:52:58 AM »

What's worse Hiteman's driving % or Cassano's training %?  doh

The only training Cassano should do is in his dreams.  doh
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: