Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 07:18:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O/T GAS BELOW $3.00 A GALLON  (Read 8891 times)
NIATROSS

« on: October 16, 2008, 11:59:15 AM »

$2.97 AT SPEEDWAY STATION AT THE CORNER CALUMET AND CHICAGO AV IN HAMMOND,IN.

How much is it Chicago where NOBAMA comes from and the DEMS control everything ?
Report to moderator   Logged
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:09:06 PM »

$2.75 in central Jersey and falling....crude's down to around $70 a barrel. At 1:10 ET it's actually at $69.88 down $4 .

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »

2.49 in Iowa 3.50 or more in city and cook county, thanks democrats.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:19:32 PM »

2.49 in Iowa 3.50 or more in city and cook county, thanks democrats.

How are the Democrats responsible for that? There's not that much tax difference.

Who you can really thank is the owners of gas guzzling hogs, and coal plants, that pollute Chicagoland skies and force us to use a more expensive, less-polluting, grade of gas.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »

Sorry wrong thread!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:56:34 PM by CLOCKERTERRY » Report to moderator   Logged
NIATROSS

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 12:41:41 PM »

How are the Democrats responsible for that? There's not that much tax difference.

Who you can really thank is the owners of gas guzzling hogs, and coal plants, that pollute Chicagoland skies and force us to use a more expensive, less-polluting, grade of gas.

Using CROCKOFTERRYBJORK'S logic means Chicago must bethe only city with gas guzzling hogs.I don't see all the coal plants he is talking about perhaps he can point those out in Chicago.

Escape the city and county which are run by the overspend and taxing DEMOCRATIC party and your gas is cheaper.
racing fan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

How much is it Chicago where NOBAMA comes from and the DEMS control everything ?
Still 3.49 up here in Elmhurst, Il
Dan Villeky

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »

$2.63 this morning.
With the Daley/Stroger/Blagojevich "juice" probably wellover $3.00/gallon
Has dropped $0.33 since last Friday.
bettor2belucky

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:56:22 PM »

Sorry wrong thread!

Terry had a mind fart...........his boy got tripped up by a plumber

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,is a government big enough to take away everything you have."  Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the President I can afford better." Barack Hussein Obama
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »

Terry had a mind fart...........his boy got tripped up by a plumber

Keep talking.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 11:58:48 AM »

Down to $2.59 here, and dropping roughly 3 cents a day. Heard the experts on CNBC yesterday saying $50 oil was possible although not likely to stay level there....BOY would that be good for people. If it would just stay at $65 gas would likely be $2 a gallon....much needed everyday relief. Diesel is another key, for food prices especially. if it costs half as much to transport, the prices will surely go down. thumbs up
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:57:17 PM by Mo usedto » Report to moderator   Logged

Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 12:38:16 PM »

OPEC is meeting very soon to stabilize crude prices. I doubt if it will get to $50/bbl.

The market makers are talking about stabilization at $80/bbl.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »

Yeah, I saw that, too, but OPEC is stabilizing production because demand is ALREADY way down.Their production isn't really that high at all right now and the Suadi's certainly want to make sure we buy THEIR oil and not get it from other cheaper places.
        If no speculators are allowed back into the market as was talked about this summer when they artificially inflated the prices, then they should very easily stabilize in the 75-80 area. That would be very good  for all of us.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:56:32 PM by Mo usedto » Report to moderator   Logged

jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 02:52:43 PM »

Now $2.89 but isn't that the station with no working readers at the pump and long, long lines inside?
NIATROSS

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »

Now $2.89 but isn't that the station with no working readers at the pump and long, long lines inside?

Never had a problem at the station using my credit card at the pump.Lines are about the same at all the stations within a mile of the IL border.Stations are are filled with IL residents filling up.Add in all the cigarettes and liquor being bought up at some locatiuons and yes you will have some lines.
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »

Where are you buying liquor at a gas station in Indiana?
mel4600

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 06:08:33 PM »

2.87 in Kenosha.
NIATROSS

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 07:59:37 PM »

Where are you buying liquor at a gas station in Indiana?

There are plenty of liquor stores convenientlly located next to gas stations.

Exit the Chicago Skyway on Indpls Blvd and in less than a mile you will see about 100 gas pumps(48 at one location) and 3-4 Liquor Stores within 150 feet of a gas station.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 03:42:28 PM »

OPEC is meeting very soon to stabilize crude prices. I doubt if it will get to $50/bbl.

The market makers are talking about stabilization at $80/bbl.

doesn't matter about O-PECKERS cutting production 10%.

what matters is the futures market trading....and with that said it is going right back to 50 bucks a barrel where it started it's rally. everone who bought futures and options the last 2 months lost their butt.

recession equals....lower prices. right now they could sell the gas 50 cents a gallon cheaper than they are. stations are still making plenty of money because the margins are so great. that is why the gas stations drop the price at any given station 5 to 8 times a week even if they only get one delivery a week. i seen some stations drop the price 10 or more times in one week.

plus, wasn't the so called experts saying a couple months ago oil was going to 200 dollars a barrel.

i am not sure what gas was at when it was at 80 dollars a barrel last year but, i know it was cheaper than todays prices overall.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 03:47:53 PM »

doesn't matter about O-PECKERS cutting production 10%.

what matters is the futures market trading....and with that said it is going right back to 50 bucks a barrel where it started it's rally. everone who bought futures and options the last 2 months lost their butt.

recession equals....lower prices. right now they could sell the gas 50 cents a gallon cheaper than they are. stations are still making plenty of money because the margins are so great. that is why the gas stations drop the price at any given station 5 to 8 times a week even if they only get one delivery a week. i seen some stations drop the price 10 or more times in one week.

plus, wasn't the so called experts saying a couple months ago oil was going to 200 dollars a barrel.

i am not sure what gas was at when it was at 80 dollars a barrel last year but, i know it was cheaper than todays prices overall.

OPEC controls 40% of the world's oil, so it is a BIG DEAL when they say they are cutting production. The futures traders base their pricing in a large part on what OPEC does.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 03:48:27 PM »

It's still $3.99 at the station I walk by.
mel4600

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »

The democratic gas tax is killing you loons in Illinois! You deserve what you elect!  thumbs up
NIATROSS

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 07:52:07 PM »

$2.82 per gallon today.

Keep paying for those overtaxed items in Chicago.The city where NOBAMA got his training in politics.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 09:27:54 AM »

OPEC controls 40% of the world's oil, so it is a BIG DEAL when they say they are cutting production. The futures traders base their pricing in a large part on what OPEC does.

and we import more oil from CANADA and MEXICO than saudi arabia

and we have the largest consumption of gas of any nation on the planet.

this is a b.s. ploy by the saudi's to keep the money flowing.

take it to the bank....oil is going to 50 dollars a barrel >>>>>> no matter what anyone says.

consumption will finally dictate the price. we are in the middle of a recession and consumption is way down and will stay that way for awhile. supplies will grow and prices will have to go down further.

if you are paying 3.99 a gallon where you live it must be the highest in the nation.

northern washington state.......3.02 a gallon
northern california..... 3.11 a gallon
around northfield park.....2.72 a gallon

national average is about 2.60 a gallon as of four days ago.
racing fan

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 12:00:04 PM »

3.32 in Elmhurst, IL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: