Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 07:24:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROD ALLUMS JR  (Read 7305 times)
TC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2005, 01:26:59 PM »

Calm down Jr., no vacation is necessary.  You 're feeling your way around the big leagues right now and the sledding can be tough.  This game takes mental and pyhsical toughness.  Last night why couldn't anyone go after the leader after he snapped off a :54 half in the Hasty B race ?  look at what everyone else was doing there.  Watch replays.  When was the last time in the history of this sport an 18 year old came in on a "P" and dominated ?  I can't think of one.  soon you'll get your first win and get mobbed by your peers.  Patience is a virtue.  All good things come to those who wait.  If those fail, remember that the game is wide open starting tonight - NO TONY.  Ne cordial to all the owners and trainers and see what develops.  Hang in there.  TC 
Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2005, 02:04:51 PM »

In the good old days you would have been able to get your experience at places like Quad Cities and Fairmount. It's a tall order to expect to drive in Chicago from the get-go and be successful.
Despite what TC and a lot of other have to say about the Chicago driving colony, they know it is the best in North America outside of the Meadowlands and Woodbine/Mohawk.

Perhaps you should consider at one of the lesser tracks in Michigan or Ohio until you've got your legs under you and are confident of your abilities.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2005, 04:15:30 PM »

In the good old days you would have been able to get your experience at places like Quad Cities and Fairmount. It's a tall order to expect to drive in Chicago from the get-go and be successful.
Despite what TC and a lot of other have to say about the Chicago driving colony, they know it is the best in North America outside of the Meadowlands and Woodbine/Mohawk.

Perhaps you should consider at one of the lesser tracks in Michigan or Ohio until you've got your legs under you and are confident of your abilities.
...and despite Paul inferring I said that the drivers elsewhere are better than here ( other than the Big M -I see no scary talents in Canada), he's correct in that you face a tall order.  Each Hall of Famer put his pants on one leg at a time, just like you do, so keep on course, stay focused and positive, and you'll be fine.  I'll see you soon.  TC
race track phil

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2005, 04:29:11 PM »

im thinking about taking a vacation because for some reason nothing is sick that i drive and most of them get good trips and going nowhere. i let marsh in front of me for strategy. i thought he would pull and give me some cover down the backside so when i tried to flush him out, he stayed in so i stayed in like r.bob told me to. in the last 2 weeks i've picked up drives from 4 different trainers and have picked up 4 owners to train for. those of you who doubt me can tell me what you think to my face instead of *** it up on this forum.
P.S. RTP, you're pretty much hated by everybody on the track for talkin the shit that you do on here. its a good thing many people dont know who you are b/c you'd be in for quite a few asswhoopings.
       young one your a bigger goof than I thought if you can take critism ! I've heard all those excuses from drivers before . if they told you to not let anybody go , you had to follow instructions . so be it ! but as far as your inbred comment on asswhoopings . I'm easy to find . I stated my opinion and thats what this forum is for . your going to get more critism as time goes on , so get use too it , thats part of your chosen job . you wont get anymore from me . now please no asswhoopings by so many that hate me ! but remember one thing young man asswhoopings go both ways .  and leave it at that !            RTP
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2005, 04:38:36 PM »

P.S. RTP, you're pretty much hated by everybody on the track for talkin the shit that you do on here. its a good thing many people dont know who you are b/c you'd be in for quite a few asswhoopings.

Junior,

I thought everybody knew who RTP was.  Hell -- I've never met him, and I know who he is and where he sits.

I know you'll get a tough mount every once in awhile, but in life -- you're better off just saying "I'll do better next time" learning from it and moving on.

Best of luck!

EW

Be careful who you offer those asswhoopins to Wink

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2005, 05:14:34 PM »

i unlike most people can take critisizm. i dont have a problem with anybody around here. EW, i have more than 1 bad horse to drive every once and a while. that is what i am here for. i take the horses that the top drivers dont want to drive. RTP, maybe i'll see you tonight and try to make dues. im not trying to whoop anybody's ass, just passing along word. i know this forum is for critisizm etc. i try to take the critisizm but bashing me for doing what i was told is something different. i take advise people give me and use what i think is good advise. i listen to what my trainers tell me to do and i do it. plans change sometimes but for the most part i do what they tell me.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2005, 05:18:12 PM »

i unlike most people can take critisizm. i dont have a problem with anybody around here. EW, i have more than 1 bad horse to drive every once and a while. that is what i am here for. i take the horses that the top drivers dont want to drive. RTP, maybe i'll see you tonight and try to make dues. im not trying to whoop anybody's ass, just passing along word. i know this forum is for critisizm etc. i try to take the critisizm but bashing me for doing what i was told is something different. i take advise people give me and use what i think is good advise. i listen to what my trainers tell me to do and i do it. plans change sometimes but for the most part i do what they tell me.

Strong response.  You'll be alright man -- it's tough driving 5th/6th/7th choices all the time -- but you've been putting them close.  People will take notice.

Have you given any thought to trying a smaller circuit?  I know this is home, but even with Tony leaving, it's still darn tough.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2005, 05:24:06 PM »

im thinking about shipping some to ohio on the weekends or even trying my luck in michigan or southern canada. i may go to hoosier park when they open up next spring also. i know my dad is taking his stock down there and i'll stay here if the conditions are good and/or im getting enough drives.
race track phil

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2005, 05:34:03 PM »

I apologize for upsetting you . sometimes constructive critism goes a long way . I really hope you do well . like I said before the fans need new blood . again under the circumstances you explained you had to do what the trainer wanted and I'm sorry I jumped to the wrong conclusion's  .
race track phil

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »

RTP, AND WHEN ROBMAN GETS AHOLD OF YOUR ASS, YOU WILL KNOW WHAT ASSWHIPPINGS ARE ALL ABOUT. HE IS GOING TO BUST YOUR HEAD AND MAKE YOU APOLOGIZE TO HIM. ROBMAN WILL GET AMBROSE TO CRACK A POOL QUE OVER YOUR HEAD TOO. YOU SHOULD NOT BE THREATENING YOUNG ONE WITH ASSWHIPPINGS BECAUSE YOU BETTER WORRY ABOUT ROBMAN!! JOM.
         doc ,  your an idiot ! plain and simple . you dont even know who are friends and who are'nt . robman and me are o k . and for your info I've been friends with ambrose for years . and if he new who you were using his name to threaten me . I will guarantee you would be the one with a busted head . you really are just a troublemaking idiot . who hides with a phony name .  DOC ! ARE YOU ONE OF THE SEVEN DWARFS !                        RTP
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2005, 06:30:16 PM »

Rod Jr. may be good in the future. But the future is not now. He is still green and was given a license waaaay to soon. He needs to go back to qualifiers and learn not to pull out of 2 or 3 holes on the likes of Mike Oosting or Dave Magee.  When this happens the betting public gets screwed and a young talent that is rushed into something can be ruined for life. Believe me I know. Wink
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 06:33:50 PM by SUPERMAN » Report to moderator   Logged
icare

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2005, 07:09:58 PM »

Come on get off Jr's case ha's doing a dam good job he's green that's what the P stands for. the betters know this. Jr will be ok, he's learning with the best!
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2005, 08:44:30 PM »

And hes not ready to race in Ill. its to tuff for a youngster. Undecided
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2005, 01:50:24 AM »

my response to all of this is .. AAHHHH BULLSHIT jk jk  .. JR .. like ive said b4 learn from your mistakes.. dont be *** around just take the good in and learn from the bad... also ...Alyssa's B~day is wed. we so gotta crash the party lmfao  Shocked)

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2005, 03:55:25 PM »

Rod Jr. may be good in the future. But the future is not now. He is still green and was given a license waaaay to soon. He needs to go back to qualifiers and learn not to pull out of 2 or 3 holes on the likes of Mike Oosting or Dave Magee.  When this happens the betting public gets screwed and a young talent that is rushed into something can be ruined for life. Believe me I know. Wink

just following instructions. do u think i want to pull from the 2 hole? i'll take a pocket trip every race if i could.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2005, 10:32:54 PM »

...nice 2nd tonight for Horvath Industries behind Artie's Wiper at 15/1.  Could this be the omen of good fortune and a great 30+ year ride to near-greatness.  We'll see, but GOOD JOB in the meantime.  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2005, 01:11:51 AM »

Nice to see LIVE drivers at work.
the young one

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2005, 01:58:27 PM »

Nice to see LIVE drivers at work.

what do u mean by that?
EasyScore

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2005, 02:03:39 PM »

Dan means you are always trying to win with your steed.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: