Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 07:27:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOUR TOP TRAINERS BUSTED WITH WITH EPOGEN  (Read 15138 times)
fanofharness

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 06:46:28 PM »

Not too sure who Mr. Harbaugh is.....I do OK where I am at.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dleestable

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 06:48:27 PM »

Gentlemen
It is not unusual for a stable to use several vets.
If you are a ship in to Bal/May you may;
Use a hometown vet for vaccinations and emergency calls,
A more specialized equine clinic for colics and lameness,
A state university for surgeries,
Any track vet that is available when you are at the track
And Dr. Kapraun for lameness exams and joint injections.

Exactly,

They would have to use a symbol for "all of the above"

FreeLegged

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »

considering the state of this business, there needs to be less excuses why something cannot be done and more people dropping the old school mentality and figuring out ways that it CAN BE DONE.
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 08:59:12 PM »

To me it is imperative that they publish the names of the lpeople who have been caught.
EPO is a gun that trainers are using to steal out purse money. kentucky, stand up and tell us who is stealing from us.

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 11:22:48 PM »

so art official may have been juiced?
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 11:51:31 PM »

so art official may have been juiced?
It doesn't look good. Would ruin his credibility and make SBSW look even more like a freak.

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 12:03:34 AM »

because if a trainer is loading up 1 horse chances are he loads up all his horses, and its been shown the testing at bigm is a joke
Dleestable

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 01:58:03 AM »

To me it is imperative that they publish the names of the lpeople who have been caught.
EPO is a gun that trainers are using to steal out purse money. kentucky, stand up and tell us who is stealing from us.
Posted on: October 03, 2008, 06:55:04 PMPosted by

I think they need to give the people the chance to have another test run and make sure they are for positive EPO positives.  I heard there might be some question to the test they did.  So in all fairness, they should be able to a split sample test and prove their innocence or guilt. People are usually innocent till proven guilty except in the horse business. Anyone remember a positive on a horse that Merv Chupp trained a few years ago?  Seems like he was thrown to the wolves and after a DNA test it was proven that it wasn't even Merv's horse.  So give it some time, it will all come out with the wash. Good, bad or ugly, it always comes out.
talking head

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 06:02:07 AM »

Posted on: October 03, 2008, 06:55:04 PMPosted by

I think they need to give the people the chance to have another test run and make sure they are for positive EPO positives.  I heard there might be some question to the test they did.  So in all fairness, they should be able to a split sample test and prove their innocence or guilt. People are usually innocent till proven guilty except in the horse business. Anyone remember a positive on a horse that Merv Chupp trained a few years ago?  Seems like he was thrown to the wolves and after a DNA test it was proven that it wasn't even Merv's horse.  So give it some time, it will all come out with the wash. Good, bad or ugly, it always comes out.
Joe Costa, Red Mile  President said the four horses were from four different trainers. None of the trainers has yet requested that the other half of the split sample be sent for retesting!
macdaddi

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 06:17:37 AM »

calm down innocent till proven quilty   wait till the wash comes out already

macdaddi wins again what else is new!!!
Dan Villeky

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »

they were instructed by the governor to do out of competition testing and they caught 4 major trainers. the trainers is a hall of famer,

The governor of the Kentucky is a machine democrat who can'[t find his a## with either or both hands.
He surely has no idea as to the location of the Red Mile.
The racing commission finally took some initiative and has begun a testing program that was aimed,primarily, at the Fall meet at Keeneland. To their credit, they carried it over to the Standardbred's racing in the entire state. It just  happens that the Red Mile is the only SB meet goin' right now.
For all you conspiracy freaks out there, the hot rumor of the day is that some TB owner, who is on the board at the KYRC started a rumor that the Red Mile would be a "hot meet" simply to get attention away from the TB's at Keeneland.
The west coast TB trainers are coming in.
pork

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »

Novel thought.  ASSUMING that the four trainers are indeed guilty of using EPO, and that the state of Kentucky does nothing, how about the USTA leadership suddenly grows a big PAIR and revokes the trainer and and owner memberships. This could be done under that phrase "conduct detrimental to the best interest of racing...."  May not keep them from racing but at least it would send a message that the conduct will not be tolerated by the USTA. Of course, if that were true, Langley would have found a way to kick Rucker out.  Guess I probably need to get rid of these rose colored glasses.  Have finally given up on the Easter Bunny.  Pork
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »

Trainers say they'll fight EPO positives
October 04, 2008

Four horses at The Red Mile have tested positive for illegal blood-doping agents under the track’s new out-of-competition testing policy, but all four trainers—who are not being named by The Red Mile—have told The Horseman And Fair World magazine that they were shocked to hear they had positives, are denying they their horses could have been given any such drugs, and are questioning how their horses could test positive.

On Friday all four trainers said that they were planning to have split samples tested because they knew they were innocent and wanted to restore their reputations. One trainer did not find out about his positive until after someone on the backstretch told him.

Also, one trainer met with a Lexington attorney Friday morning.

All four trainers have stakes-quality horses. Two of the trainers use veterinarian Rick Mathers to do their vet work, but the other two do not. Mathers was indefinitely suspended by the Kentucky Racing Commission on Thursday after a search of his vet truck turned up unlabeled substances, although the Kentucky Racing Commission has said that was a separate matter.

Since the out-of-competition testing policy was enacted by The Red Mile, not the Kentucky Racing Commission, the penalty for the positives is simply that the horses were scratched. Kentucky presently does not have any EPO rules on its books, so the state cannot take any action.

A story about the EPO positives appeared at the top of the front page of the Lexington Herald-Leader newspaper on Saturday morning, the day of the Kentucky Futurity, and the same story appeared on the Herald-Leader’s web site, Kentucky.com, on Friday night.

According to Red Mile president Joe Costa, a Kentucky State Racing Commission veterinarian pulled the blood on horses “and the Racing Commission handled the custody and control” of the blood samples. Blood samples were taken from somewhere between 100 and 200 horses during the meet.

An Elisa test, a test commonly used for screening many different types of drugs and conditions in blood samples, was used by a local Lexington, Ky., laboratory which conducted the testing. The Kentucky Racing Commission sends all of its regular drugs tests to Iowa State University’s lab, but according to Costa, the local lab was lined up by the racing commission because “the key was the quality, and a fast turnaround. They could turn the results around in 48 hours.”

In August 2006, the Pennsylvania Equine Toxicology and Research Laboratory in West Chester, Pa., which is affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania’s famed New Bolton Equine Center, announced that it had become the first lab to employ a definitive test for erythropoietin--the blood-doping agent commonly known as EPO.

Today the Pennsylvania test, which costs $1,500 per test, is still considered the gold standard in blood-doping testing. Dr. Scot Waterman, executive director of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium, said that because an Elisa test is a screening test “and by definition is not 100 percent accurate because it is a screen, there are going to be false positives, and the RMTC’s position is that from a regulatory perspective, there must be a separate confirmatory test” using the Pennsylvania test, which is the only one of its kind available.

When trainers agreed to race at The Red Mile and enter horses, they were required to sign a “Waiver and Consent Notice” that reads as follows:

“Before and after declaration and until post time of the Race, the diction in the Horse of evidence of blood doping agents including, but not limited to, the following: human recombinant erythropoietin, darbepoetin, Aranesp, Oxyglobin, or Hemopure, shall be considered a violation of these conditions and will result in scratching or disqualification of the Horse from the Race and forfeiture by the Owner of the Entry Fee, whether or not actually paid but which is due at the time of declaration and said Horse will be barred from racing at The Red Mile.

"Note: The Association may interpret “evidence of blood doping agents” to include elevated titers of anti-recombinant antibodies of these agents.”

http://www.harnessracing.com/news_detailed.php?print_friendly=true&id=10614

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
pork

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »

And you expected what???  Oh, right, they all jump up and admit it.  You must be more naive than I am. I still believe in Santa. Pork
AlongTheRail

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2008, 07:39:15 PM »

Well doesn't take much investigation to figure out what horses and what trainers are possibly guilty of these EPO violations based upon the information given.  In the article that you can read on the Harness Edge, Joe Costa, the President and CEO of the Lexington Trots and Breeders Association which operates The Red Mile, said the following, "As a result of those random tests, four horses tested positive for EPO and were subsequently scratched from the races they were scheduled in for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday."   Now if you go into the results and look at the horse that were supposed to race and were scratched judges you can compile a possibility list of guilty trainers and their horses.  I'll do the footwork for you, you can make your own assumptions on who might be guilty.  Here's the list of horses and trainers in parenthesis:

Annieswesterncard (Joe Seekman)
Lantern Kronons (Jimmy Takter)
North County Fair (Robert McIntosh)
Find A Happy Place (Jim Arledge Jr)
Park Avenue (Todd Buter)
Gottogetoutmore (Todd Buter)
JIM DANDY

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 07:46:57 PM »

rail you are missing one buters arent involved you r missing a name
AlongTheRail

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2008, 07:49:30 PM »

All I noticed from Wednesday-Friday at the Red Mile that were scratched Judges, there are four trainers/horses there in my list if you minus the Buter horses.
JIM DANDY

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 07:59:44 PM »

YEAH AND ONE OF THE M IS WRONG. NOT TRYING TO BUST BALLS IM JUST SAYING
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »

macintosh no way he has way too much too lose
pork

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 08:40:28 PM »

http://
macintosh no way he has way too much too lose

You could say the same about O J.  Pork
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2008, 08:52:26 PM »

rail you are missing one buters arent involved you r missing a name

Unless you know the facts why would you post anyone's name. doh

I'll stop your speculation.

Seekman
Arledge
McIntosh
Johnson

AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2008, 08:55:23 PM »

One of the horses had already raced and was not entered to go again.  So you'll find no scratch.

Wait for facts before any assuming.  We all know what "ass-u-ming" actually is..........some of us just don't realize how much it is playing a part in the death of our sport.

JIM DANDY

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2008, 09:01:31 PM »

I KNEW THE NAME S 3 DAYS AGO JUST DIDNT WANT TO POST THEM
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »

I KNEW THE NAME S 3 DAYS AGO JUST DIDNT WANT TO POST THEM

Seeing some other guys thrown under the bus was driving me nuts.  Angry There are tire tracks from the KRC on enough of them. BSmeter

FreeLegged

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2008, 09:43:39 PM »

Wait for facts before any assuming.  We all know what "ass-u-ming" actually is..........some of us just don't realize how much it is playing a part in the death of our sport.

blaming fans for speculating is taking the cheap way out, Amy. For what so many of the participants do in this sport...the public has every right to speculate when they see a judges scratch. Quit trying to blame somebody for what they type here as possibly hurting the industry. It will not have any effects on the death of "our sport" as you like to call it.

let me ask you this...after a quick look at this week's USTA rulings. I believe you are in ohio.

Phillip Groves, Sidney OH...$1000 fine, suspended 180 days, return purse money

David Myers, Logan OH...$500 fine, 180 days suspension return purse money

jeremy Smith, Washington CH OH...fined for cussing so loud during a race the judges hear him...think maybe fans could hear him too??

john ryan melsheimer, Hopewell OH...excessive or indiscriminate use of whip

Gregory Straub, Republic OH..excessive or indiscriminate use of whip

Ryan Angus, Sagamore Hills OH...excessive or indiscriminate use of whip

think these ham and eggers who cannot control their whip use have helped "kill our sport"?

what about a nut job who is swearing at the top of his lungs during a race?

and I wont even try to guess what these clowns did to warrant a 6 month vacation.

did you email all of these people and tell them they are "killing our sport"?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: