Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 30, 2014, 07:02:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOUR TOP TRAINERS BUSTED WITH WITH EPOGEN  (Read 15137 times)
JIM DANDY

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »

FOUR TOP TRAINERS WERE BUSTED WITH EPO IN THERE  HORSES SYSTEMS BY OUT OF COMPETITION TESTING AT THE RED MILE. AND ONE OF THEM IS IN THE HALL OF FAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ANOTHER IS TRAINING ONE OF THE TOP 3 YR OLD PACERS. YA THINK HES GOT IT IN HIM?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh? THIS SPORT HAS COME TO CHEMICAL WARFARE AND ITS A SHAME. I HOPE THEY THROW THE BOOK AT THEM BUT ITS NOT LIKELY.
Report to moderator   Logged
AlongTheRail

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »

If this actually true, may have to do something with the 2 vets getting suspended at the Red Mile.  Story is in the USTA newsroom.
HUNGARY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:23:10 PM »

If this actually true, may have to do something with the 2 vets getting suspended at the Red Mile.  Story is in the USTA newsroom.

http://www.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=29183&z=1
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:15:54 PM »

To Mr.Jim Dandy:

I have not seen it.

How about some help here?

I read about the vets but trainers hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
JIM DANDY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »

mr chadwick all i can say is what i know i dont like to name names but its true, they were instructed by the governor to do out of competition testing and they caught 4 major trainers. They dont even know what they are going to  do now because they dont have any penalties etc on thier books. IM SURE IT WILL TAKE A WHILE TO HIT THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA. Especially because one of the trainers is a hall of famer, WONDER HOW HE MADE THE HALL OF FAME?
Dleestable

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »

I was at the Red Mile and the vets are not involved with any EPO positives. 
Tsunami

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »

Jim Dandy ,

Are you the former Superman?
JIM DANDY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 08:14:36 PM »

NO SUPERMAN, THE VETS TRUCKS WERE TRASHED AND THEY TOOK SEVERAL UNMARKED BOTTLES THAT THE VETS WERE SAYING WERE FOOT BLOCK. DNT KNOW IF VETS BEING SEARCHED AND POSITIVES HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ONE ANOTHER.
King Nothing

Goodtimes

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 08:27:03 PM »

Wonder whats in the foot block if thats what it was ? Snake venom or botox ?? Could be real trouble regardless. I'm not sure of the positives , but maybe a trainer gave up a vet. Who really knows.

Then it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger
But there's no one around

King Nothing
FreeLegged

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 09:59:14 PM »

http://www.kentucky.com/181/story/543377.html

small story about it here
CATMAN

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 08:04:47 AM »

Definitely some interesting names involved!! I wonder if they will let their horses race the rest of  the meet? I know I would not want to race against the horses entered by these trainers. I don't know how they could have out of competition testing & no penalties in place if someone was caught!
fanofharness

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »

Carroll also said the Horse Racing Commission has declined to identify what trainers the two men were working for or the horses they were treating at the Red Mile.

Here is a change I would like to see moving forward.......In the racing programs, you need to list the vet that attends to the horse.  This will help identify the corruption........

wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »

Carroll also said the Horse Racing Commission has declined to identify what trainers the two men were working for or the horses they were treating at the Red Mile.

Here is a change I would like to see moving forward.......In the racing programs, you need to list the vet that attends to the horse.  This will help identify the corruption........

What line and/or subject of data are you willing to sacrifce in lieu of this new addition?
Or
Would you just prefer that the programs are printed so small to include every fragment of data possible, with the end reuslt being that WE need a microscope to read the damn thing?

Regards Don
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 11:05:34 AM »

What line and/or subject of data are you willing to sacrifce in lieu of this new addition?
Or
Would you just prefer that the programs are printed so small to include every fragment of data possible, with the end reuslt being that WE need a microscope to read the damn thing?
[/quo

In Chicago, the info could be put where the bottom race line is. Who the vet is, is VERY important. AND vet changes are even MORE important.
talking head

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »

Definitely some interesting names involved!! I wonder if they will let their horses race the rest of  the meet? I know I would not want to race against the horses entered by these trainers. I don't know how they could have out of competition testing & no penalties in place if someone was caught!
I thought if a horse is found with EPO in them it violates federal drug laws because EPO has NO positive health effect on a horse.
FreeLegged

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 11:52:26 AM »

I would not think there are THAT many vets at a given race track. They could easily have a
key listed somewere inside the program designating who the symbols represent. Right after the horses name, give the symbol.

Horse Named John  DMV17

KEY
dmv 1 =
dmv4 =
dmv17 = dr freelegged, anywhere, USA DBA Anywhere Equine Clinic
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 12:00:50 PM »

Or

In Chicago, the info could be put where the bottom race line is. Who the vet is, is VERY important. AND vet changes are even MORE important.

I suggest that you get on the horn and ARGUE with both the USTA and Trackamster as to how to expand their database and the constrainst of conformity in printed page size for all situations to suit the needs and/or request for additions that are dreamed up regularly.

BTW, have you any idea how many data-fields are contained in single horse portion of a program page?

Regards Don
HUNGARY

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »

http://www.theharnessedge.com/news.asp?Mode=View&Story=28810
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 06:05:05 PM »

I would not think there are THAT many vets at a given race track. They could easily have a
key listed somewere inside the program designating who the symbols represent. Right after the horses name, give the symbol.

Horse Named John  DMV17

KEY
dmv 1 =
dmv4 =
dmv17 = dr freelegged, anywhere, USA DBA Anywhere Equine Clinic
Gentlemen
It is not unusual for a stable to use several vets.
If you are a ship in to Bal/May you may;
Use a hometown vet for vaccinations and emergency calls,
A more specialized equine clinic for colics and lameness,
A state university for surgeries,
Any track vet that is available when you are at the track
And Dr. Kapraun for lameness exams and joint injections.

I have used all of the above. Do you wish me to list all of them everytime I enter a horse?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:07:39 PM by looking in » Report to moderator   Logged

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
FreeLegged

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 06:08:24 PM »

so from the above link, it says the horses were scratched from Red Mile weds, thurs, fri.

it cant be very hard to narrow this down. how many judges scratches could there be.

as for you LOOKING IN, yes I went them all listed. Now go finish your 2nd cutting. you probably STILL are not done.

Wink
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 06:15:29 PM »

so from the above link, it says the horses were scratched from Red Mile weds, thurs, fri.

it cant be very hard to narrow this down. how many judges scratches could there be.

as for you LOOKING IN, yes I went them all listed. Now go finish your 2nd cutting. you probably STILL are not done.

Wink
You are right I didn't get it all up . When you live on a farm you never get done you just quit for awhile to rest up the tired old body.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
FreeLegged

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »

I hear you, I know the feeling pal.
fanofharness

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 06:38:36 PM »

I suggest that you get on the horn and ARGUE with both the USTA and Trackamster as to how to expand their database and the constrainst of conformity in printed page size for all situations to suit the needs and/or request for additions that are dreamed up regularly.

BTW, have you any idea how many data-fields are contained in single horse portion of a program page?

My profession is building databases.  A change to add one additional data field is a no brainer.  Heck, if that is the issue, I will do it for them......free.
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »

BUMP

An Excel spreadsheet provided to me by Axcis/Trackmaster in 1999 has the FIELD number at 994.
 Course I'm aware that some additions have been made in in the past nine years.

This file was provided to me at a time when Trackamster had already acquired the USTA Contract and was "in the progress" of making an agreement with Standardbred Canada (which most people were not aware of).

Regards Don
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »

My profession is building databases.  A change to add one additional data field is a no brainer.  Heck, if that is the issue, I will do it for them......free.

Then I suggest you apply for positions at both the USTA and Trackmaster and solve all their data woes Wink

Perhaps your even qualified to replace Mr. Harbaugh? The salary is nothing to sneeze at.

Regards Don
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: