Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 29, 2014, 12:44:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEMBERS THAT ARE ON "IGNORE"...  (Read 1697 times)
race track phil

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 02:26:33 PM »

Terry ,

Do you think all new posters will not assume Macdaddi with 38 ignores will not judge him premature is a possibility or some others with a high amount of ignores ?  Ok you don't !!   You must not believe that some posters go along with the program in life and follow a trend in this case someone on ignore . Lets just say 3 new posters out of 20 form an opinion because the person has a lot of ignores and don't bother to read the poster and just skip by his posts .  Thats 3 too many in my opinion !  Again we differ on opinons . I don't like the option as many do and I'm sorry thats the way I feel .  I want to know who enjoys reading my posts and who doesn't ! Thats my point !   Fair and balanced !!  Great words I just picked up from you know where .

RTP

I don't put myself in the class as one of top posters on BTW !

A lot of great posters have left like Edward William - New Jersey Horsemen - and many more !!  We still have great posters like MWG - Wilderness - Ken Chadwicke - Buffalo Boy - And one of my favorites Interested Observer for his humor !!  I have made several new friends that are great honest posters that debate with dignity . I try but I'm clearly not in the above category .  It does bother me that someone would ignore any of these posters .  I don't like IGNORE .     maroon  whether the ignore is warranted or not .
Report to moderator   Logged
talking head

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 02:40:56 PM »

Talking head ,

My reply is about ignore !!   My name is used in the previous thread and I was explaining why my name was used !!! Why didn't you oppose the other posters reply using my name along with the political thread that woke him up about MWG and myself that he lost respect for us for our view on the subject .                       
                                               RTP

I guess you don't share my view !  Put me on ignore for me defending myself .
Read ALL the previous posts to this thread, they are ALL about the subject! Yours Phil makes a comment about a candidate which the others just reference without any personal opinion! Then again you only read what you want to! Again this thread is about who is Ignored not about someones opinion about the presidential candidates!
race track phil

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »

talking head ,

What don't you understand ?  I explained why I'm ignored by some and one of the reasons is I DONT LIKE OBAMA . now if that offends you get over it and put me on ignore for stating a fact on why I don't like the ignore option . Secondly where to you get off playing moderator it wasn't my intent on provoking someone with my opinion , it was plain and simple a responce to Terry's post including my name !!!  It was by no means a hijack of the thread as you try to infer . I don't have to abide by your rules to defend my opinion and as I stated before . Your being childish !  I wonder why !

RTP
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 03:08:19 PM »

Terry ,

Do you think all new posters will not assume Macdaddi with 38 ignores will not judge him premature is a possibility or some others with a high amount of ignores ?

People are smart enough to make up their own minds.

I want to know who enjoys reading my posts and who doesn't ! Thats my point !   Fair and balanced !!  Great words I just picked up from you know where .

Email Janine.

I don't put myself in the class as one of top posters on BTW !

It's my list not yours.  Grin

It does bother me that someone would ignore any of these posters .  I don't like IGNORE . whether the ignore is warranted or not .

Freedom of choice - theirs, not yours.
race track phil

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »

Head ,

Go blame Moon for his post , I guess I caused that too !!

Terry ,       Please we all pre-judge at times for many many different things .  Don't give everyone that amount of credit .

By the way just in case you didn't know I'm ignored by him !!  And if my post was quoted he shouldn't have peeked !!

RTP
talking head

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »

Head ,

Go blame Moon for his post , I guess I caused that too !!

Terry ,       Please we all pre-judge at times for many many different things .  Don't give everyone that amount of credit .

By the way just in case you didn't know I'm ignored by him !!  And if my post was quoted he shouldn't have peeked !!

RTP
What is it with you, Moon's posts do NOT reference anything political! It does not matter who posts on a thread as long as it refers to the subject of the thread, hopefully dealing with Harness Racing. If it doesn't, like your comment about Obama, I will tell them the same thing I told you! REMEMBER Phil this is a HARNESS RACING FORUM! I believe all subject's should deal with Harness Racing! I CAN NOT wait for this frickin election to be over so we can get back to dealing with the issues of Harness Racing!
race track phil

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »

Yeah, he started his little racist, Obama is terrible, circle-jerk, expecting that only his right wing buddies would show up. Then when the reality that he might have to hear other people's opinions and that the tripe that he was posting was just BS would be called out, he put a bunch of people on ignore and dropped out.
                 Head ,    Whats this are you serious !!!!  He's talking about the Political thread on the IGNORE thread . Please give it up your dead wrong , except for the fact that I wish this election was over too .

Your right this is a harness forum !!  Then go tell the T-Bred guys your objections instead of picking me out of the barrel .

Stop all the posts about sports while your moderating !!  OOPS I made one !!    This site is not only a harness site anymore its a site to share opinions on many subjects !!  Unfortunately there really isn't much harness talk unless you count MacDaddi picks . Sorry but thats a fact !

RTP

Terry if you want to know about harness racing I'm your guy !!

50 + years of serving the horses !!

Jump ship and bet the buggies !! 

How's that HEAD I'm trying to promote harness racing in this thread .
macdaddi

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 04:24:49 PM »

thanks for the compliment phil. you notice besides my picks i am always talking horses.  i am a true harness fan unlike some of the moaners here who can't talk horses only that macdaddi is a moron

macdaddi wins again what else is new!!!
talking head

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »

Head ,    Whats this are you serious !!!!  He's talking about the Political thread on the IGNORE thread . Please give it up your dead wrong , except for the fact that I wish this election was over too .

Your right this is a harness forum !!  Then go tell the T-Bred guys your objections instead of picking me out of the barrel .

Stop all the posts about sports while your moderating !!  OOPS I made one !!    This site is not only a harness site anymore its a site to share opinions on many subjects !!  Unfortunately there really isn't much harness talk unless you count MacDaddi picks . Sorry but thats a fact !

RTP

Terry if you want to know about harness racing I'm your guy !!

50 + years of serving the horses !!

Jump ship and bet the buggies !! 

How's that HEAD I'm trying to promote harness racing in this thread .
Moons comment was after the fact! I already made the comment on your post when he made that post which i did noy read till you brought it up! Sports is one thing, all this political crap should be on all the political forums! JMO  
race track phil

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »

Head ,      I'm not going to argue my point anymore .

Have a nice day !!    geezer

One thing I think we can agree on , political threads make enemies !!!

RTP
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »

my point was that difference of opinions leads to the use of IGNORE on BTW .

This is not necessarily the case, Phil.  I put a few people on ignore because of their bigotry - mainly anti-semitics, like Moon-the-anti-semite & Earl Sande.  Later on, I got so sick of seeing Cockerterry post 22 times per page saying the same thing, it just made more sense to put him on ignore.  I certainly didn't need to read the same thing over & over again. 

Many of us have no problem with a difference of opinion - I've certainly been laid out for my stance on Ledford.  But the bigotry is another story & that's not something I'm willing to put up with.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 06:55:54 PM »

This is not necessarily the case, Phil.  I put a few people on ignore because of their bigotry - mainly anti-semitics, like Moon-the-anti-semite & Earl Sande.  Later on, I got so sick of seeing Cockerterry post 22 times per page saying the same thing, it just made more sense to put him on ignore.  I certainly didn't need to read the same thing over & over again. 

Many of us have no problem with a difference of opinion - I've certainly been laid out for my stance on Ledford.  But the bigotry is another story & that's not something I'm willing to put up with.

How does he live with himself, then?
Lockjaw

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 08:06:40 PM »

One thing I think we can agree on , political threads make enemies !!!

I think the enemy-making potential of political threads is a greater risk on a horse racing forum because forum members, be they bettors, owners, trainers, drivers, etc., by virtue of the game they've chosen to play, are highly competitive people.  There are a lot of type A personalities gathered here who not only have a taste for spirited competition, but who also like to win.  In my opinion, the desire to win is a best thing, but rules are required to keep the games honest and civil.
race track phil

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 09:02:49 PM »

I think the enemy-making potential of political threads is a greater risk on a horse racing forum because forum members, be they bettors, owners, trainers, drivers, etc., by virtue of the game they've chosen to play, are highly competitive people.  There are a lot of type A personalities gathered here who not only have a taste for spirited competition, but who also like to win.  In my opinion, the desire to win is a best thing, but rules are required to keep the games honest and civil.
             Lockjaw ,      Excellent post !!   Thats why I said we have some great posters .

RTP
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 07:18:21 AM »

Rules at work,

1) No political talking

2) No religious talking

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Tsunami

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »

Rules at work,

1) No political talking

2) No religious talking

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Did you ever notice religion and politics are bad topics?

hijack

I said the exact same thing months ago but nobody cares ~ it's almost over TG
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: