Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 19, 2014, 04:59:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONGRATS TO JOE D  (Read 1100 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2006, 11:23:02 AM »

I just received a call from Joe Parisi, Esq. and was informed that Joe Dakuras was elected president of his Criminal Justice Department at school.  Considering that the college has a predominately African-American enrollment, Joe must have made quite an impression on his classmates.  Way to go Joe D !  Joe's victory was achieved after weeks of campaigning and garnering support among his fellow students.  At least my return to town has brought some welcome news.  Good Luck Mr. President.   trotter  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »

way to go Joe D !
                                                   trotter

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Richard Breth

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 01:40:01 PM »

Agree. Congratulations Joe.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 06:31:13 PM »

Thank you guys, I really appreciate it.  I am totally shocked because quite honestly, I did not expect to win.  It was a really close election and probably the only reason I won was because there were 5 people nominated for President's position.  The total count I won by was 612 to 591.  There was two days of voting to allow all the part timers and evening students the opportunity to vote, so I did not know anything until about 8:30 this morning.  I was told by student services yesterday that I was ahead by 4 votes so I figured I would lose because I do not know much of the evening student body and I only addressed them one time on candidate’s day.  The only reason I ran was because my professor nominated me and I felt somewhat obligated.

I will definitely have tough shoes to fill because the guy who ran the Criminal Justice Club for the last three years did a tremendous job and was on top of everything. I have some ideas but will allow the student body to run the club as they see fit.  I will only follow their lead.  The one thing I would like to implement is an outreach program for the surrounding communities with things like feeding the hungry, assisting the elderly, and visiting children’s hospitals.  I truly believe in giving back to the community and by helping the community, you in turn are helping yourself, if you get the picture.  I really need for this club to get out into the community and shake some hands.  I can only hope to be as good of a President as my predecessors.

I have to work on an acceptance speech and form an agenda for Monday. That is when all of the new officers will be sworn in.  I still don't know if this is a good thing or not, but guarantee that I will do the best job I can to make my fellow students proud. 

Thanks again guys and I hope everyone is doing well.  I am off to a wedding tonight so I will try and start posting back on here regularly on Monday.  Good luck at the track and I really do appreciate all of the well wishes.  Have a great weekend everyone.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life) 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 06:33:12 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
James Chess

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 12:40:19 AM »

Mr. Joe Dakuras, hello, I hope you remember me.  My wife (Linda) and myself Jim met you at Balmoral Park around 1981 or 1982.  You werer always very pleasant to us and I wanted to thank you.  Linda passed away in 2001 from cancer and she always loved talking to you when you were just a young man.  I am retired and heard about this interenet site where all of the Chicago people go so I thought I would give it a try.  I hope you remember me and I am the guy who lives In Dolton.  I spoke with you plenty of times about becoming an owner but you always told me to wait.  Well since I retired last year, I have nothing to do except play the horses day and night, so I am ready Joe if you are. It has only been 25 years so I think I am ready to take that chance! I see that you have done very well for yorself and wish only the best for you.  I am going to email you my phone number so please give me a call when you have a chance.  It has been nice chatting with you Joe and I hope you have not forgot us. Gice me a call and lets do something.  Your long lost Dolton friend, Jim Chess
icare

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

joe'
good job keep it up.
James Chess

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 02:36:00 AM »

Mr. Joe Dakuras, I just sent you my phone number.  Please make sure you got it and call me sonmetime tomorrow.  I would like to talk to you.  Thank you, Jim Chess
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: