Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 12:41:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curlin faithful are pretty quiet  (Read 3510 times)
Horse Voice

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2008, 12:55:10 PM »

It can also be asked, who is the best horse Big Brown has beaten? Hard to make a case when presented this way. Having said that,  making these kinds of comparisons will not convince anybody who is better. Time will tell.

It would have to be Eight Belles, and she was on par with Proud Spell and Pure Clan.

You are right, Mel -- time will tell.
Report to moderator   Logged
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2008, 12:58:57 PM »

It's really a trick question, because what I'll never get any of the Curlin backers to admit is that there aren't very many good horses in the older handicap division for dirt horses. The current situation reminds me of a few years ago, when Mineshaft started winning everything...I thought he was a real nice horse, but no world-beater.

Now, Proud Spell vs. Big Brown -- that would be a horse race. Wouldn't be surprised to see her beat all the males -- Curlin too -- if she raced them.

I think Curlin is the best dirt horse in training right now. I also think the older handicap division is fairly weak compared to years previous (when Ghostzapper was around, or Invasor), so I admit he's not as good as he appears to be.

From the beginning I thought this year's 3yo filly crop was better than the colts.

P.S. I used Backseat Rhythm and Satan's Circus in my pick 4 (I had the entry on there if the 2,5 or 6 had won the opening race) and am now dealing with a jockey's objection. It looks like moderate interference at most, no worse than Coa coming out and exchanging bumps than the 6 in the first leg. If I get through this I've got some slim pickins: 5,7 / 5,7 in the last 2 legs.
Horse Voice

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »

P.S. I used Backseat Rhythm and Satan's Circus in my pick 4 (I had the entry on there if the 2,5 or 6 had won the opening race) and am now dealing with a jockey's objection. It looks like moderate interference at most, no worse than Coa coming out and exchanging bumps than the 6 in the first leg. If I get through this I've got some slim pickins: 5,7 / 5,7 in the last 2 legs.

I'll find out which of the BC races Mr. P and Co. are pointing BR to, and let you know so you can shop for futures. She's every bit the game filly I was touting her to be earlier in the year -- she just needs to stay on the grass.
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2008, 01:14:11 PM »

I'll find out which of the BC races Mr. P and Co. are pointing BR to, and let you know so you can shop for futures. She's every bit the game filly I was touting her to be earlier in the year -- she just needs to stay on the grass.

Yeah she was my co-top choice in the race (along with Satan's Circus). I too had been hoping they'd put her (and keep her) back on grass. Unfortunately I made a win bet on Satan's Circus and not on her. Very dumb. At those odds I could've a) bet them both or b) not 'split hairs' and bet the higher price (nominal as it was, 5-1 vs. 9-2).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: