Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 06:18:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where to start  (Read 2512 times)
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »

You guys can say what you want about integrity.  I know absolutely that there were more people in attendance & the handles were significantly higher when you had quality horses & horsemen just 4 years ago.  Many of these horsemen are the very ones who've had integrity problems elsewhere (Rucker, Ledford, Adams...).  There were no fewer "integrity" problems then than there are now.

To get new people interested in our sport, you must have a quality product.  Chicago does not.  I don't disagree with anything that you're saying other than your suggestions of cleaning things up will not bring in people, old or new.

Rick, as a side note, I do not currently own horses as the purse structure at PPK is just too inconsistent & there is no agreement between the track & the horsemen.  However, I find that a night out at the track offers excellent entertainment but ONLY when the racing is competitive.  Down here, that means December thru April.  In fact, January, Feb & March draw pretty decently.  My understanding is that next year the track will not even be open for live racing from June to October.
Report to moderator   Logged

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: