Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 06:31:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tony Morgan - 11 Wins Today  (Read 964 times)
MWG

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2008, 08:11:48 PM »

For Tonymfan and other followers of Tony Morgan, Tony M put on a driving clinic, today, at Harrahs Chester Downs and Harrington Raceway, with 11 big wins. Tony was 12-6-1-1 at Chester and 12-5-3-1 at Harrington. Two of Tony's big wins were at Chester, winning the $ 25K pace (50K claimers) with Johnny Be Cool, and the $35K pace (Open) with Cue The Paige. Now before anyone says the driving competiton was weak, all of Morgan's wins today at Chester, had horses entered, in all 6 races, driven by each of the following : Dube, Gingras, Goodell, Pierce, Sears, and Tetrick. Today's efforts give Morgan 643 wins for 2008 and purse earnings just shy of $7M, ranking Morgan 2nd in the nation in wins, behind Tetrick, and 3rd in earnings, behind Tetrick and Sears. Win wagering on all of Morgan's rides, today, would have realized a 82.5% ROI, probably slightly better than the ROI (10% max. any given day) realized on MacDaddi's wagers  today. Based on YTD efforts, Morgan appears headed for another fine year of approx. 950 wins, and purse earnings in excess of $ 10M.

On another note, Eric Goodell has, now, become a driver force to be reckoned with on the East Coast. Driving, almost exlusively, the same circuit as Tim Tetrick (M1/Harrahs Chester/Pocono), Goodell now has 276 wins, YTD in 2008, and purse earnings of $6M. Known, affectionately, as the "longshot king", Goodell is now getting a lot of quality drives from some of the most prominent trainers in the East. With Tim Tetrick scheduled for surgery in early 2009, look for Goodell to have a very successful fall/winter meet at M1, while also driving at Chester and Dover Downs.

Goodell, Miller/D, Miller/A, Morgan,Tetrick - nice to see the midwest boys doing so well in the East. Driver stats for these drivers, 2008 YTD, are as follows :

Wins        Earnings         UDRS

Goodell/E.                           276        5,977,138       .250
Miller/A.                              311        6,437,730       .250
Miller/D.                              232        6,246,928       .243
Morgan/A.                           643        6,807,287       .352
Tetrick/T.                           647       13,170,915       .359

And finally, though Eric Ledford won the 2008 Driver's Title at little Ocean Downs (just concluded), with 58 wins, averaging about 2.4 wins, nightly, Ledford was not the dominanting driver at the Downs as was Tony Morgan, in 2007, driving part-time only, winning nearly 90 races in the brief summer meet. IMHO, Ledford is a "good" driver but not in the league of Tony M. Don't know where Ledford goes from here or whether he has been approved to race in Delaware; have seen no entries at Harrington, so far. Could be Colonial Downs HuhHuh
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 08:35:57 PM by MWG » Report to moderator   Logged
TTT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 08:22:54 PM »

THE ABSOLUTE BEST DRIVER AROUND WHEN HES ON HIS GAME. NO ONE BETTER. TAUGHT TETRICK EVERYTHING HE KNOWS AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WITH HIM. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING.
Report to moderator   Logged
FreeLegged

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 09:10:39 PM »

mwg-

good information!!

and yes, tony morgan is quite a driver. as for goodell, he has fit in and done a nice job competing against the heavy hitters.
MWG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:24:38 PM »

mwg-

good information!!

and yes, tony morgan is quite a driver. as for goodell, he has fit in and done a nice job competing against the heavy hitters.

Hey Freelegged - how ya' doin ? Sent you a message about ten days ago, no reply, everything ok ? Been away at the PA fairs, just got back; only about three weeks left in season. Also took in the old-tyme West Virginia State Fair in Lewisburg, WV, lot of OH boys there along with Kelly Staten, who, I think, hasn't missed racing there in like 30 years or so. Had a good time, food was good (cheap small cokes too!)Had a couple of babies going in PA, nothing in WV (lol). Might have bought a S.J.'s Caviar yearling filly in PA today, at least I hope so, waiting for agent to call me back. Hey, our main "trottin man" in NY is doing great on the NYSS circuit for big bucks. I'm going to try to buy a NY eligible next year (race in 2010, big "if", of course)) and will use the "trottin man" if the baby is in to go. Btw, what's happened to NJH ? No see any posts, hope he's ok. Hope your family is doing well, also.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:27:09 PM by MWG » Report to moderator   Logged
Dleestable

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »

"THE ABSOLUTE BEST DRIVER AROUND WHEN HES ON HIS GAME. NO ONE BETTER. TAUGHT TETRICK EVERYTHING HE KNOWS AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WITH HIM. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING."

I have to disagree with you.  I have used both and no one compares to Tony when driving a bad actor or a complete rat.  I have had both and no one can get a rat around the track like Tony.  Anyone can drive a good horse, they usually aren't the ones trying to lay down in the turn or taking a dead aim on the inside knee.  I have given Morgan a really bad knee knocker and I told him right up front he could pound his knees with the best of them.   Gate closes and Tony is on top, just gets beat at the wire and he tells me, " He's not that bad."  I like Timmy and have known him since he was a little kid, but if I have a choice, it is Tony MO!!
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »

"THE ABSOLUTE BEST DRIVER AROUND WHEN HES ON HIS GAME. NO ONE BETTER. TAUGHT TETRICK EVERYTHING HE KNOWS AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WITH HIM. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING."

I have to disagree with you.  I have used both and no one compares to Tony when driving a bad actor or a complete rat.  I have had both and no one can get a rat around the track like Tony.  Anyone can drive a good horse, they usually aren't the ones trying to lay down in the turn or taking a dead aim on the inside knee.  I have given Morgan a really bad knee knocker and I told him right up front he could pound his knees with the best of them.   Gate closes and Tony is on top, just gets beat at the wire and he tells me, " He's not that bad."  I like Timmy and have known him since he was a little kid, but if I have a choice, it is Tony MO!!
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
TTT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »

Maybe I didn't make my point very well, but Donna is right Tony is the best and can drive anything and make them go. Also,when he gets off can tell what is wrong with them and what to do to fix them. Really miss him here in Chicago. All the naysayers can say what they want but Chicago really lost a great one when he left.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: