Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 09:25:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question of the day for 2/8/06?  (Read 895 times)
Petro

« on: February 08, 2006, 02:19:54 PM »

With Illinois racing down in the dumps; with handles as low as ever; many horses out east and many in the Ohio sale; what can be done to save harness racing in Illinois???
Report to moderator   Logged
chooch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:08:13 PM »

have people that actually care about making chicago harness one of the top 3 venues in the country buy the current track owners out.
maybe build a not for profit racetrack by the horseman for the horseman to put these greedy track owners out of business.
Auntie Mae

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 07:44:47 AM »

The girls and I talked about Ill harness racing while we were having a little tea yesterday evening. We think the power to return things to better times rests with the horsemen. The first thing they need to do is figure how to fix their image problem. A good start would be congradulate each other when they do well instead of saying "he was using the juice". If you have real proof of wrong doing then give it to the police. Otherwise keep your excuses about why you got beat to youself. Then they need to figure out who is really paying the bills for horse racing and be nice to them. Next they need to figure out who makes the rules and be nice to them also. Then they might be ready to start their own not-for-profit track, which most of the girls think is a good idea.                 I think these ol gals don't know what they are talking about but who knows, they have been around a long time. l
off stride

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 08:09:14 AM »

The girls and I talked about Ill harness racing while we were having a little tea yesterday . A good start would be congradulate each other when they do well instead of saying "he was using the juice".     Then they might be ready to start their own not-for-profit track, which most of the girls think is a good idea.   I think these ol gals don't know what they are talking about but who knows, they have been around a long time. l

well auntie...the guys were sitting around,drinking beer,scratching ourselves, eating some beans and passing some gas last night and we decided to do what you said, after each race we are going to pat the winning driver right on the ass,blow him kisses and walk his horse back to the barn with the winning driver sitting like ben hur in the chariot..we already have a not for profit track..meaning if you are a gambler..you have no chance for profit.. the rest of your post we agree with 100% .. the parts where you say...you have been around a long time..and you dont know what you are talking about .. but thanx for posting..now go make dinner...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 12:14:33 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
LARRY SMITH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 11:40:24 AM »

Offstride. Thanks for the reply. Best laugh I have had in a week.
off stride

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 04:08:35 PM »

Offstride. Thanks for the reply. Best laugh I have had in a week.

with auntie bea,ooops...mae...sorry opie.. providing the forum,replying was easy

nobody enjoys seeing a nice tomato at the track more than i do...but damn..we cant..'title nine' the racetrack to make it nicer for women can we?  they should be happy..very happy i might add,just to have separate restroom facilities... the track is one bastion of male inferiority we have left and i vow to work to keep it that way..
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 04:25:42 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: