Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 09:33:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Racing  (Read 5891 times)
aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »

He hasn't done too well down there.  I guess he got sick after the ship, or at least that's what they've said.  To my knowledge, he's coming back up here.

He was okay as a three-year-old.  If I remember correctly, he had a couple tough trips in major stake action.  Was a second-string 3yo in his barn (Snyder owned him, right?).

Best,
EW

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/reports/start.cfm?horse_id=539159
Report to moderator   Logged
aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2007, 11:29:27 AM »

Sorry the link doesn't work properly, like this. But yeah was brought down here for the interdom last season, and the horse was retired during the last heat.
The other horse Sweet Fame USA, was brought down here as well, but in the heats this series, broke down and its racing career is over.

Sweet Fame USA (all horses that come from USA have it in their names here), probably was the better horse out of the two. Sweet Fame was easily better suited to distance racing, probably why it was far more successful than Cams Fool, even though this year may be Cams Fool USA peak year.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:44:31 AM by aussie_ascoli » Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2007, 12:06:28 PM »

Wow -- Cam's Fool has only earned $23k since shipping down there.  What a bust!

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2007, 12:46:56 PM »

Wow -- Cam's Fool has only earned $23k since shipping down there.  What a bust!

Best,
EW

They were definetely lining it up for the half million dollar miracle mile a few months ago, but the horse didn't fire. I guess this year will be its "was it really worth it" year. Considering it won a bag full of money in the  flag its looking like more of an expensive trip to Aus. I'm not sure if the horse is still owned by connections in the USA or not. If it is maybe a trip back to America is on the cards, because in Aus theres not much  dollar to be made when your not in the top group of horses.

It was unfortunate with Sweet Fame, i'm not sure when they said the horse is retired if they meant from the interdominions or racing full stop? The horse was starting to prove its  dollar. But like i said in America its talent would of been wasted on the short distances.
smooth title

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2007, 12:51:56 PM »

why would sweet fame's talent be wasted in america in the short races ?
aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2007, 01:01:46 PM »

why would sweet fame's talent be wasted in america in the short races ?

Its successes here have been in the 2200m race and its big one in a 2680m race. This shows its a staying horse rather than a sprinter.

On the flip side is that Miss Galvinator a decent horse there? What catergory would it be in, eg. top horse, best of the rest, or an average horse?
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2007, 01:11:07 PM »

Its successes here have been in the 2200m race and its big one in a 2680m race. This shows its a staying horse rather than a sprinter.

On the flip side is that Miss Galvinator a decent horse there? What catergory would it be in, eg. top horse, best of the rest, or an average horse?

she has been doing well in the higher class mare races here. won a bunch in a row I believe.
                                                                   trotter
This was from a few weeks ago :
For Miss Galvinator A, a 7-year-old Down Under daughter of Fake Left, it was her 13th win in 38 seasonal starts. The '06 stash is over $228,000 for owner Richard Annunziata and trainer Ettore Annunziata.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:17:12 PM by Tall » Report to moderator   Logged

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2007, 01:18:49 PM »

she has been doing well in the higher class mare races here. won a bunch in a row I believe.
                                                                   trotter

Miss Galvinator's sire is Fake left, the two top horses in Aus are of Fake left as well. Seems to be producing the goods here.
smooth title

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »

The racing in the usa is very tough. They go flat to the board from start to finish. I have an Australian fteind here in the US who has trained and driven winners in both countries and says they have to be more of a stayer to race over a mile than over longer distance cause they get a breather over the distance racing and they dont over a mile. Kind of makes sense when u think of it like that
aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2007, 02:55:36 AM »

The racing in the usa is very tough. They go flat to the board from start to finish. I have an Australian fteind here in the US who has trained and driven winners in both countries and says they have to be more of a stayer to race over a mile than over longer distance cause they get a breather over the distance racing and they dont over a mile. Kind of makes sense when u think of it like that

Yeah thats true. here all the top horses can sprint and run distance. When i was talking about staying racing i wasn't talking about specifically the horse, but the actual distance itself. But that is some great information. I bet your mate will never return to Aus, because the condition of racing here. How has he fitted in to racing there?
aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2007, 08:00:55 AM »

Top aussie trotter "A touch of flair" has been invited to the American circut. I'm not sure but is the trotting stage big in America or small like here? The horse will surely win the trotting interdominion on the weekend. The pacers final is too unpredictable with the barrier draw drawing the two favourites in the second row.  trotter trotter          trotter
                           trotter    trotter
             trotter                   trotter
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:38:32 AM by aussie_ascoli » Report to moderator   Logged
aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »

Did anyone one over in the states catch the interdominion pacers and trotters finals. Fantasitic night, every harness racing fans dream to see the best compete. Racing fantastic as well. In the pacers final favourite and last years winner Blakes A Fake trained by Natalie Rassmussen(sp) won a tough race. The trotters final was an upset with a 31-1 horse Uncle Peprica getting up from the favourite A touch of flair. The owner of the winner said that if it won the interdom that it will definetely be sold to an american buyer. So you might have a new import. Best race was the interdominian consulation final. where 5-1 Karloo Mick won a fantastic race, with a 5-6 horse finish at the line. The special thing was that Karloo Mick was 4 wide for 3/4 of the first lap, then 3 wide, finally able to get to the front, then the horse had to fight to the end after doing so much work. You appreciate the win even more when your money is on it as well.

Hopefully some videos of the racing will be up.

aussie_ascoli

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2007, 10:36:14 AM »

This is the last lap of the pacers consalation final (2230m) in the interdominion, these are the horses that just missed out on the finals. Best race of the night. The winner worked so hard, at the start was caught 4 wide, in the middle of the race (2nd lap) was 3 wide, the horse finally made it to the death (over) for the final lap, and somehow held on after working so hard. Everyone was in shock the horse was still able to win.
http://www.harness.org.au/video/sa/YDM13010704.wmv

This the trotters final (2645m), where uncle petrika beat odds on favourite A touch of flair (started 20m behind). In the stand start uncle petrika was able to get to the lead, a touch of flair was able to catch up, but when uncle petrika was eyeballed the horse fought back. Uncle Petrika was 31-1 to win this race. http://www.harness.org.au/video/sa/YDM13010702.wmv

This is the Grand Final of the interdominion pacers final raced over 2645m. Blacks a fake wins final after taking the sit near the rear, takes the horse to the death during the second time round the winners post. The horse showed why it is the best horse in Australia. http://www.harness.org.au/video/sa/YDM13010701.wmv

I'll later post footage of the crowd from my phone.

Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2007, 10:14:14 PM »

here is some news for you.

Miss Galvinator A’s streak seemed in jeopardy but she got up in the final stride to post her 11th straight victory in a $35,000 winners-over pace for fillies and mares, the fifth race on Friday night at the Meadowlands.

Miss Galvinator [$5.00, $3.20, $2.20] paced a lifetime best mile of 1:50.3, for a half-length tally over Dreams Are Great [$5.80, $3.40].  It was a length back to Up Front Dragonfly [$2.60], who set the pace and faded to third.

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: