Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 02, 2014, 03:27:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bad drivers &trainers  (Read 3755 times)
swaymi

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:59:49 PM »

i want to know who you think are bad drivers and trainers and why?
Report to moderator   Logged
racefixer101

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 06:09:30 PM »

There are a lot of Highs and Lows in the race horse game the good ones can over come the lows the bad one's are nothing more than a flash in the pan here today gone tomorrow its staying power that separates the men from the boys and the needle can only carry you so far sooner are later you have to know horsemanship and  if the horse is good enough he can over come all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
davenchop

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »

if you want someone who loses 9/10 times they claim a  horse just look at mcaffrey. this guy claims horses and two months later they are in for 4k. look at the thing he claimed off of lavern. paid 12k for it( made no money) and clegg claimed it for 4k after a few races. just one of many, many examples over the years for this guy.

AB

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 06:22:11 PM »

Swaymi who is on your list
There are many trainers who just don't have the stock to compete
There are a lot of horses racing here that either need to find some place where they can be competitive or you just have to give up on them. There are bad people in every walk of life and there are lazy people who just like to get by. I'm not afraid to name names, did everyone of Joe Andersons or Erv Millers horses make it to the races. Did everyone who spent 100,000 and upward at a sale come out with a champion, fo course not. If you're honest and give it your best shot that's all that anyone can ask of you. We all make mistakes.

AB
Paul B.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 06:22:23 PM »

for the worst trainer ever it has got 2 be robin schadt.  she has blown more money than anybody before or after her.  im talking buying-claiming- and overall not understaning a thing about harness racing.  she has no idea about lameness or classification.  the sales people love her becuse she spends money and they never race again. rucker said she is by far the biggest joke at the track.  he should no-ruck claimed wesley snip for 10,000 and made over 125,000 and more.  he loves harmonay oaks but did not want to piss off robin so he told kevin *** that she is a nice mare and worth the money.  so now *** has her and watch he go in 151.  robin has got 2 be the biggest joke ever. with drivers- nobody is worse than the crackhead johnny roberts.  that kid is downright dangerous and hits the pipe 4 or 5 times a day.  he should hook up with robin becauz they make a good pair!!! thumbs down thumbs down
thebigm

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 06:49:38 PM »

for the worst trainer ever it has got 2 be robin schadt.  she has blown more money than anybody before or after her.  im talking buying-claiming- and overall not understaning a thing about harness racing.  she has no idea about lameness or classification.  the sales people love her becuse she spends money and they never race again. rucker said she is by far the biggest joke at the track.  he should no-ruck claimed wesley snip for 10,000 and made over 125,000 and more.  he loves harmonay oaks but did not want to piss off robin so he told kevin *** that she is a nice mare and worth the money.  so now *** has her and watch he go in 151.  robin has got 2 be the biggest joke ever. with drivers- nobody is worse than the crackhead johnny roberts.  that kid is downright dangerous and hits the pipe 4 or 5 times a day.  he should hook up with robin becauz they make a good pair!!! thumbs down thumbs down
If there is a horse Rucker wants to claim he will claim them....he is not worried Robin will be mad at him....don't make up stories that ruck told you this or ruck told you that

I sure miss the good 'ol days!!
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 09:25:11 PM »

I constantly will beat this drum. dude

In any and every business there are people who work hard   and there are people who don't work. thumbs down

I say this as I am breathing, "the harder I work, the luckier  I get.

Take it to any level, handicapping, trotter going and studying in school dude. Being an attorney, CPA, doctor, even driving horses and training horses.

I am fortunate, I see hard working people and lazy people.  The hard workers will usually survive in the long run.  You have to be persistence and have perseverance.  It does pay off.

That's my stand.

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
nomar

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 09:38:20 PM »

Brian Seidel worse ever hes now pumping gas across from  Pocono downs
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 09:43:26 PM »

Kenneth I agree with your post. The best thing I heard a manager say was " he who watches the clock will always be a hand" The only way you can get what you want in life is by hard work. Nothing is easy
Justafan

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 10:40:51 PM »

Hard work is one thing, but you need some level of accompanying intellect.  That is where harness racing needs a make-over. 
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 12:03:20 AM »

maroon  I never bet on Art Gregory to win. Just can't get the job done, even when he has the best horse.
Why would anyone use him as a catch driver?
thebigm

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 02:29:50 AM »

Dean Magee is one of the worst drivers on the track! I often wonder just how good Yankee Cruiser could of been with a dave magee or a top guy such as Pierce.  I do have to give Deano some props for getting him home in Canada  in the NA cup.  But now how can you bet the guy???

I sure miss the good 'ol days!!
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 10:04:23 AM »

why don't you get a license and show them just how Easy it  is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is your life so boring that all you people can do is put others down?  Did you stop to think that maybe it's harder than it looks.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »

Dean Magee is one of the worst drivers on the track! I often wonder just how good Yankee Cruiser could of been with a dave magee or a top guy such as Pierce. I do have to give Deano some props for getting him home in Canada in the NA cup. But now how can you bet the guy???
Andy Miller drove that horse half the season including the jug and didn't do any good with him. Dean won around a million dollars with him when he drove him.
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 01:36:19 PM »

Andy Miller is defiantly overrated.
HORSEMON

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 01:40:55 PM »

DRIVERS
1.GALE cell phone SMITH !!!! DANGEROUS!!!!
2.JOHNNY rocket fueled ROBERTS.houston we have problems!!!!!
3.NATE FATLAND
4.GEORGEYi want to be like rocket CLEGG
5.JARED DUNCAN
8.   YOU FILL IN THE BLANKS Huh??
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »

Trainers, Robin schadt is the worst ever.  Whoever thinks this *** is a good trainer should talk to me about buying swampland down in Florida!!

H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E=ROBIN SCHADT thumbs down thumbs down thumbs down
swaymi

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »

i agree with alot of the posting that have been put on here about bad drivers and trainers i believe that there should be a list of who can drive and who cant like saying if you didnt win 50 races in the  last calender year your only allowed to qualify horse and get fifiety qualify wins to be able to compete in races. the worst is when you see a great driver like dave magee getting run to the half by like a guy like (mike myers ,dion petty,john roberts,casey leonard,etc) because they dont know no better or are just ignorant and have no idea what they are doing. i remember last year tony morgan at maywood had tom busse parked out at the quater in like 26 and change with papa deck tony grabed his horse to work the give and go and as soon as tony let papa deck and tom busse go and he came out busse went to the whip and parked tony a good driver would of never done that. thats why i say there should be a list like brent holland can drive tim tetrick can drive pat berry can drive  oosting can drive guys who win fifety races a year thats only four races a month are the ones that can drive it would stop alot of bad drivers from messing up races there is guys out there driving that have not won 50 races in a decade that should not be out there in any other sport if you cant make it on the playing field they send you  to the minnors (lebbon,sports creek,raceway park,etc) we need better drivers at balmoral and maywood five years ago you would grab a book and see eight out of the ten drivers were drivers now you pick up the book and two or three guys can drive and the rest are clowns. by far the worst driver i have ever seen is dan kennedy at northfield he is a guy with a bunch of money who bought his liscense and not earned it like others. the worst trainer has to be my man duncan price.
PONYBOY

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »

exelent post swaymi!!
beacause the drivers today. the young guns don't care!!
the owners. trainers, and horses are the ones who pay the price!!
start giveing these yoyos days and it would stop!!!

pacewiththebest

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 10:32:59 PM »

Deano's a great driver, and yes, miller is overrated, but not nearly as much as Morgan and Tetrick are
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 10:45:59 AM »

Morgan is a great driver, Tetrick is overrated!
arm and hammer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »

i dont agree with copper much but i do on his posts in this particular subject     
tonymfan

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »

Morgan is a great driver, Tetrick is overrated!

Tony thinks Tetrick is one of the great young UNDER rated drivers!!!! He said so in a recent interview posted on Harnesslink. If Tony says it, that is good enough for me!

GO TONY!  Five more winners last night!!

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=33352
silent one

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »

There are so many drivers here in Chicago to choose from. Ross( couldn't find the winners circle with a seeing eye dog) Leonard, 2 win Dean Magee, John Roberts, and so on. However, my pick would be Ryan Anderson. No one has had such good stock to drive and has gotten so less. The Anderson operation was the most feared for over years when Little Joe was driving, but when the kid took the reins the numbers have plummeted. Joe coming out of driving retirement had a UDRS well over .100 points than his kid,I believe. The last I saw Ryan was somewhere around .207. As for trainers, Robin Schadt has to be the biggest cash burner I have seen in almost 30 years of watching this sport.
harness24/7

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 12:51:58 AM »

Wow swaymi, You sound a little bitter. Maybe you should take a break from the track for a while...guys cheating?? bad drivers?? Just more excuses why you cant win. Its always somebody elses fault.....
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: