Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 01:43:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Wonder  (Read 870 times)
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2008, 06:25:07 AM »

Nobody cares about Chicago harness racing anymore.....Look at last nights 9th race.....Oosting is 3-5 over a horse (Sightings) that he isnt half as good as...... doesnt even consider pulling and then magically 3 longshots in front of him all vacate the rail so Oosting can ride right up the pylons to win while Sightings goes the overland route.......No way Oosting sits in like that at 3-5 if he doesnt know he's getting up the rail
Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:54:02 PM »

Mike just drove smart there he was starting  out until me and Tyler pulled he knew that he would be 3rd over behind 2 long shots . 
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:19:32 AM »

thats why drivers should not be able to see odds they drive alot according to them
macdaddi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:54:32 AM »

boston slasher

next he'll say the race was fixed

bunk

macdaddi wins again what else is new!!!
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 11:15:54 AM »

Mike just drove smart there he was starting  out until me and Tyler pulled he knew that he would be 3rd over behind 2 long shots . 

Eggie, then WHY did you and Tyler pull two rats?? Wouldn't it have been a smarter thing to sit and try and get a check?? Or is it standard procedure to pull garbage horses and get in the way??
cashman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »

Nobody cares about Chicago harness racing anymore.....Look at last nights 9th race.....Oosting is 3-5 over a horse (Sightings) that he isnt half as good as...... doesnt even consider pulling and then magically 3 longshots in front of him all vacate the rail so Oosting can ride right up the pylons to win while Sightings goes the overland route.......No way Oosting sits in like that at 3-5 if he doesnt know he's getting up the rail

sounds like someone got their money run over

too bad 

live with it
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »

cant answer for tyler but my mare will get better and thought she would be good  off the trip i was getting but she bled and was put on lasix  anymore HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »

thats why drivers should not be able to see odds they drive alot according to them

Many top drivers base their racing strategy on the odds board.  Even John Campbell has admitted to doing so, explaining that the public usually finds the live horses.  Maybe other not-so-top drivers should consider this strategy, not that I'm suggesting that any posters on this thread should take that route.  sneaky

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »

cant answer for tyler but my mare will get better and thought she would be good  off the trip i was getting but she bled and was put on lasix  anymore HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

Since you asked..........On Tuesday in the fourth race, was there ANY PARTICULAR reason you sat outside of Oosting almost the entire race, or at least until Warren got away?? I mean, you never went forward OR backward, just sat outside of him. Usually drivers at least TRY to move forward.If it's a personal thing, then hey it happens. It just seems like there are WAY TOO many traffic cops out there."Directing" traffic..............
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 05:37:40 AM »

thats what happens with small purse racing, everybody in illinois just trying to survive right now.  Saw quite a few guys with suspect drives
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 02:15:34 PM »

be happy to answer your ?  about tues.  that mare flying away is very difficult to drive she pulls a ton but when you give her her head she hits and is very rough gaited  please watch the replay Widger has drove her and watch him around the last turn he stays gapped off her cause she was very rough gaited . She isnt a horse  i want to get locked in with but sometimes it is hard to get her going until the straight away . I think the ? you should be asking is why didnt OO pull when i did ? i waited on him when i pulled so i would have good cover but he elected to stay in . I can only drive 1 horse at a time  right slasher .
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 04:36:57 PM »

Oosting probably didn't pull because of all of the "drivers" pulling bad horses out into the flow and backing up the outer tier. I've NEVER seen a track where so many bad horses are being pulled. They used to have a rule in Michigan that if the driver pulled, they had to completely go by at least one horse.If they didn't, they had an automatic suspension coming. That pretty well stopped the pulling of dead horses.Maybe the stewards need to be watching for that instead of whatever it is that they are watching. Way too many traffic cops at Balmoral.
TrotterMan

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 09:17:53 PM »

Pulling dead horses is one thing but Ive never seen a tracklike Balmoral where all these guys gap off like they do theres times if you get away 8th or 9th your 20-25 lengths off the lead 2-3 lengths between each horse or more thats bullshit too they need to keep the holes closed up and then pull a horse thats gapped off 2 lengths amazing they dont seem to do it at maywood because they know they get nothing if theyre that far off LOL then you look at other tracks they dont do that like at BAlmoral
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 11:49:07 PM »

i couldnt agree more with you guys about people pulling and not going foward . All driver make bad choices sometimes  , but when they are ripping ones face off on wont go on waiting for cover it drives me insane , dont get me wrong i am guilty of doing it as well  but if you can get away with it and not get in any trouble ..why not wait for cover ?
ontarioslasher

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 02:51:59 AM »

how would the drivers in illinois pay the fines they are driving for peanuts these days
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: