Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 05:00:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Every Race is Fixed"  (Read 1677 times)
Lockjaw

« on: February 07, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »

To the guy who stands behind me and yells, "They stiffed 'em," everytime his horse fades or breaks, I have some questions and comments:

1. It's not possible to fix every race you bet, which is every race in the program.  Nobody is that
     smart, even "smart money." 

2. Why is it when you win (rarely), the race is not fixed, rather, your superior handicapping skills
     prevailed?

3. If you keep getting beat by the race-fixers, why do you keep coming back for more
    punishment?  Stick with your mindless slot machines or play blackjack.

4. How did you acquire such detailed inside information about how the race was fixed, especially
    the knowledge of bio-chemistry?

5. Why didn't you use that inside information as a handicapping advantage or just skip the race?

6. Why do you suddenly become a chalk bettor/eater when your bankroll gets thin? If a race is       
     fixed, more than likely it's the favorite that runs out.

7. Driver X's butt actually itched; that scratch was not a signal.

8. Which is true:  Driver X is totally incompetent or he's so skilled he can fix any race on the card?

9. Why do you so intrigued by those "the-fix-is-in" touts and their stories, despite their miserable
     ROI's?

10. Do you think every horseplayer in the room wants to hear the excruciating details of how all
      owners/trainers/drivers conspired to make sure you personally lost your two-dollar bet?

11. If you know so much about why horse "X" was not supposed to lose, why don't you know
      the name of the horse you bet on?  (no program)

12. A lazy, "it's-gotta-be-somebody-else's-fault" mentality, guarantees failure at the track.

P.S.  Throwing crumpled up tickets at the TV screen is a classy touch!

Report to moderator   Logged
Terry Hunt

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:20:39 PM »

Great post.  If there was an icon for applause...just imagine it is here.

Terry Hunt
Brian Collier

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:25:51 PM »

To the guy who stands behind me and yells, "They stiffed 'em," everytime his horse fades or breaks, I have some questions and comments:

11. If you know so much about why horse "X" was not supposed to lose, why don't you know

Seriously, I have people that sit next to me at the track and only have the power ratings or something with them and it shows who is driving it, how can you make a bet off of the power rating, it's the worst system ever. Then they're betting random tracks. Don't get me wrong I skip around tracks every once in awhile if I don't like the race of the track I've been watching, but these guys just pick whatever, they usually don't sit next to me for long though because they see me winning, and they're losing even though I'm telling them the winners before hand. Oh well, they should learn that dumb wagers will always result in a loss, hell even smart wagers sometimes end in a negative result.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 03:26:26 PM »

There is one guy at an OTB in Chicago that just despises Tony Morgan.  The things he says to
the TV screen when Morgan is either winning or losing (because this guy will have bet Morgan
the other way) would make your skin crawl.

Of course he's not serious but after a few "I hope you die Morgan" comments to the TV screen, I
just make a habit to keep my head down in my program.  This guy actually BELIEVES that
Tony Morgan knows exactly what ticket the fellow has in his hand and will ALWAYS drive
his horse the opposite way--even when he's in Delaware.

It's quite sad.

Petro

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 03:28:31 PM »

Does this man hang out in the Oakbrook OTB??
Richard Breth

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »

Does this man hang out in the Oakbrook OTB??

Does this man have x ray vision?
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 06:52:02 PM »

1. It's not possible to fix every race you bet, which is every race in the program.  Nobody is that
     smart, even "smart money." 

2. Why is it when you win (rarely), the race is not fixed, rather, your superior handicapping skills
     prevailed?

3. If you keep getting beat by the race-fixers, why do you keep coming back for more
    punishment?  Stick with your mindless slot machines or play blackjack.

4. How did you acquire such detailed inside information about how the race was fixed, especially
    the knowledge of bio-chemistry?

5. Why didn't you use that inside information as a handicapping advantage or just skip the race?

6. Why do you suddenly become a chalk bettor/eater when your bankroll gets thin? If a race is       
     fixed, more than likely it's the favorite that runs out.

7. Driver X's butt actually itched; that scratch was not a signal.

8. Which is true:  Driver X is totally incompetent or he's so skilled he can fix any race on the card?

9. Why do you so intrigued by those "the-fix-is-in" touts and their stories, despite their miserable
     ROI's?

10. Do you think every horseplayer in the room wants to hear the excruciating details of how all
      owners/trainers/drivers conspired to make sure you personally lost your two-dollar bet?

12. A lazy, "it's-gotta-be-somebody-else's-fault" mentality, guarantees failure at the track.

P.S.  Throwing crumpled up tickets at the TV screen is a classy touch!

Good post indeed...
I have said many times that the races that people cash are never fixed, just handicapped well...
Richard Breth

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 08:13:36 PM »

Good post indeed...
I have said many times that the races that people cash are never fixed, just handicapped well...

Some one cashes every race.
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 08:55:36 PM »

Horse racing being fixed ?? Na neva eva eva eva ever   No way jose , wink wink
signed Ron M*rsh   Herve *illion
Randy T*ARPS
david H *wk
Tony m*organ
CH*IS loney
Ander*on  son & dad
John R*ese
Bria* ca*vert
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 08:59:14 PM by Idealtowne » Report to moderator   Logged
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 09:37:15 PM »

If you think they are fixed, why do you bet?
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 10:03:43 PM »

I bet knowing any givin race could be fishy. Anyone who thinks all races are on the level should look at what the past has taught us. If you knew a trainer had no intentions of his horse finishing in the money only picking up a check  wouldn't that be considered tampering with a race. When you bet do think about if the driver or horse might not feel well today or are you the type of player  who bets a horse because of what he did LAST WEEK. I like horse racing for what it is, I don't play every race 2-3 per night is enough. Horses,drivers, trainers all take turns, one night its oosting then tetrick, then its magees turn . The people who post and say they Clean house on solely handicapping ?? The very few people I know that do okay  betting already have money and also know racing isn't  always straight. I wonder what people thought when a couple years back when dan knox died and his last scheduled  ride tussy mussy who was garbage went wire to wire. Most people may  remeber everyone stayed away  from R, anderson who had the rail with mussy who went of at 7-2 on a monday night. Was the race legit or did certain people  want his last drive to win ? I played the race thinkling just that
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 10:08:23 PM by Idealtowne » Report to moderator   Logged
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »

You can't be serious about your post and your logic, can you?
I bet knowing any givin race could be fishy. Anyone who thinks all races are on the level should look at what the past has taught us. If you knew a trainer had no intentions of his horse finishing in the money only picking up a check  wouldn't that be considered tampering with a race. When you bet do think about if the driver or horse might not feel well today or are you the type of player  who bets a horse because of what he did LAST WEEK. I like horse racing for what it is, I don't play every race 2-3 per night is enough. Horses,drivers, trainers all take turns, one night its oosting then tetrick, then its magees turn . The people who post and say they Clean house on solely handicapping ?? The very few people I know that do okay  betting already have money and also know racing isn't always straight. I wonder what people thought when a couple years back when dan knox died and his last scheduled  ride tussy mussy who was garbage went wire to wire. Most people may  remeber everyone stayed away  from R, anderson who had the rail with mussy who went of at 7-2 on a monday night. Was the race legit or did certain people  want his last drive to win ? I played the race thinkling just that
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 10:33:14 PM »

You see my post don't you ? I'll tell you what , Just for shits & grins why don't you tell me,email me or  send me collumn on  how YOU  view harness racing in general which is gambling not an exact science l right ? Or I can go through my old files and find some races that were bogus. And you can give me your input on why The horse ,driver trainer didn't win . Let me know.
good luck you handicapper lol.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 10:45:13 PM by Idealtowne » Report to moderator   Logged
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 11:54:39 PM »

You see my post don't you ? I'll tell you what , Just for shits & grins why don't you tell me,email me or  send me collumn on  how YOU  view harness racing in general which is gambling not an exact science l right ? Or I can go through my old files and find some races that were bogus. And you can give me your input on why The horse ,driver trainer didn't win . Let me know.
good luck you handicapper lol.

I stand corrected miss cleo I don't have the crystal ball you have. Why don't you look into the crystal ball and share the results with us? Tell us Who's turn it is to win. I guess handicapping a race is A fools game, What is the formula? A full moon, friday the 13'th, leap year? I guess I have been doing it wrong for the past 30 years. Thanks for the update.
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 12:47:57 AM »

I'm still waitng for your email genious. Ok ok so you cashed in on a couple 1-1 shots and a mike paradise special here and there big deal.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:52:48 AM by Idealtowne » Report to moderator   Logged
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 01:34:23 AM »

I'm still waitng for your email genious. Ok ok so you cashed in on a couple 1-1 shots and a mike paradise special here and there big deal.
Idealtowne, I don't want to get nasty, but if you're trying to put someone down, learn how to spell!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: