Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 08:53:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just curious about your thoughts now?  (Read 778 times)
Mclock

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:48:55 PM »

I have seen all the discussion about John Drew and have a serious question.....I said he has not proved much yet in the races he has run, and to me is worth no more than 50k plus his allowance....I wish his connections the best with him and thats only my opinion.....ok now Isle of patmos ran sat night in the 4y/o open he's made over 400k and he sold for 110k.....( plus he won the 4 y/o open race )  so you folks are saying that John Drew is a better horse than Isle of platmos and worth much more?
                                                                  trotter
Report to moderator   Logged

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 11:41:50 PM »

Would you rather have Isle of Patmos for $110 K or Cut Loose Hanover for $125 K ?  The Isle looked like a good one until late in his freshman year.  He's just coming back in good form now.  I hope he makes a bundle for his new connections as well as Mr. Scharf.  Richie Banca is all class and I'm sure the horse will do well.  I hope John Drew makes a bundle for his connections too.  I really hope Cut loose Hanover gets that knot out of his step and gives a good accounting of himself in the Senior Trendsetter.  The knot in the owner's head for not replacing his 1-for-15 trainer (a robust .163 UDRS) is a testament to true friendship or a damaged brain I guess.  What do you want John Drew to prove...how to buy a horse off of lesser horsemen, polish him up, let him learn from 2 fine trainers like Mr. Pletcher and Mr. Rollins, then put more money on his card than was given for him, then be appraised at a minimum of 300% of that purchase price ?  I suppose that's why some just "do" while other sit back and whine, argue, dispute, and armchair QB.  Every barn manager, owner, or trainer would love to have 10 John Drew types in their barn.  I'll be the 1st to congratulate Isle of Patmos' connections when they recoup all the cash outlaid for their steed (Scharf had to put through the sale to dissolve prior ownership agreement).  Cut Loose has a loooooooooong way to go to earn his keep IMO, but you never say die in this business.   trotter  TC
Mclock

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 01:05:14 AM »

John Drew is in the series sunday.....he drew well #3 and keeps sears and looks to be in the easiest division....Good luck to all his connections!
                                                                trotter

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: