Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 11:27:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Theme  (Read 2382 times)
Justafan

« on: November 01, 2005, 10:24:03 PM »

sort of applies to this game.

"I'm a gate watcher" 

Thanks Dave.  Andy had missed a month so when Dave was rolling and the machines allowed it, bingo.
Report to moderator   Logged
Justafan

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 10:30:30 PM »

Speaking of gate watching....what is the latest you've seen the pools open recently?  I've hit some pretty good front end licks at Balmoral the past few months.  Maywood seems to close earlier for me.  Nothing beat Foxboro back in the day.  You had until just before the 1/4 to bet on a daily basis.  Bowden and Analoro paid for a couple of nice items.
sn

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:58:48 PM »

Sure you did!!!
Justafan

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 11:03:35 PM »

Back in the mid-90's in downstate OTB's you could easily catch Foxboro open for 15 seconds into races on a daily basis.  I'm not sure if Fairmount was slow to hit the button or what, but those pools were left open well after "go".
Justafan

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 11:06:11 PM »

How about back before co-mingling of simulcasts happened there was a race at the Meadowlands with a certain trotter (Mack Lobell) and I was in Sedalia, MO at the fair the first year they took bets.  The race was running and JC had Mack on top nearing the 1/2 and a teller was still punching tickets.  Needless to say that Sedalia betting thing didn't last too long.
sn

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 11:08:52 PM »

15 seconds is not the quarter pole!!! in your next post it will be down to 5 seconds!!! We get what your trying to say though. Son we were betting the off on the 3rd floor at Maywood the day the SAM machines came out in 1985!!! My freind James Justice bet a $2000 exacta with Desperate Lady on top in a line up exacta at Maywood with no open stretch!!! it was paying 10$ after it won it paid 4.40!!!
Justafan

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 11:09:26 PM »

And one last point.

As much as some people may about the the horses in this "game", there are others that are as knowing about the computers and tote systems in the "game".
Justafan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 11:16:40 PM »

Is it possible to make a living betting horses without having ever driver, trained, or owned a horse?  Without knowing a trainer or a driver personally?  Without any "in"? 
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 11:17:35 PM »

The wheel of fortune hit Crazy Kevin at Maywood when he discovered the SAMs read a $2 bill as a $20 bill.  He ran across North Ave. so fast to the bank and cleaned out their supply of $2s - LOL.  It was the "$18 Miracle on 1st Ave". - LOL.  AH, the good old days indeed.  TC
Les Moore

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 11:18:29 PM »

I hit many small Tri's at Foxboro just by betting who had the most money in the WPS pools. I cried when they closed. The same held true for Hoosier Park the first year they opened. When different trainers and drivers started shipping in that all came to a sudden halt.
sn

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 11:22:20 PM »

TC, how about the night the SAM machines were reading the one sided color copied money!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 11:28:23 PM »

sn ,you gotta love Maywood.  Phony money scams, SAM scams, and more armed robberies than the entire 7-11 chain - LOL.  Ah, the good old days indeed.  After Kevin told all his backside fellow residents, every bank within 5 miles of the track was out of $2 bills !  Someone inside at Maywood has gotten a laugh at the Gestapo's expense at least a time or two, eh ?  TC
off stride

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 12:54:40 AM »

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT IN THE BETTING GAME... YOU WILL NEED SOMEONE TO "LEAK" YOU SOME INSIDE INFO...WHERE IS KARL ROVE OR SCOOTER LIBBY WHEN YOU NEED THEM Shocked
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 02:06:34 AM »

The " Lights Of Fortune " have burned out in Beecher.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 02:49:04 AM »

Is it possible to make a living betting horses without having ever driver, trained, or owned a horse?  Without knowing a trainer or a driver personally?  Without any "in"? 

Undoubtedly.

If you run good numbers, watch replays, and pick your spots responsibly (not only the bet itself -- overlay -- but also the tracks you play) -- it's not an incredibly impossible game to beat.  Just my opinion.

Best,
EW
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 03:22:17 AM by edwardwilliam » Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 03:20:37 AM »

Multiple post.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
shuffledagain

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 09:31:39 AM »

Undoubtedly.

If you run good numbers, watch replays, and pick your spots responsibly (not only the bet itself -- overlay -- but also the tracks you play) -- it's not an incredibly impossible game to beat.  Just my opinion.

Best,
EW

I'd agree with that, especially watch the tracks you play.  Some seem to be more formful than others.  Wonder why that is? Roll Eyes

Last in 24.2, "something ain't right with that!"
TC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 09:35:31 AM »

I'd agree with that, especially watch the tracks you play.  Some seem to be more formful than others.  Wonder why that is? Roll Eyes
Don't tell me another person is dissatisfied with Bal -a.k.a. Crimoral - a.k.a. Form Reversal Downs - a.k.a. Home of the Bataan Death March Stretch (with open sores ----I mean lightning lanes).  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 09:44:16 AM »

Oh, I forgot, for a 3-way split, you could find yourself in the money booth with all that cash flying about.  After kickbacks to unnamed persons, you stood to walk away with a C-note or so.  Ah, the good old days indeed.  TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: