Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 02:20:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SunTimes - Schwartz Picks - Plagarism?  (Read 619 times)
David

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2006, 08:42:13 PM »

I first noticed similarities between that guy in SunTimes that picks a few simo picks a day and the writings of the DRF closer look a few weeks ago. I noticed it again today, and post examples of some of it as follows from the two forms I have on me - but it occurs every day that I have bothered to look - some of it could be explained away, some examples aren't as strong as others  - but some of it is blatant - especially the odd use of certain words like loom, pounce etc - what are the chances of two independent thinkers coming up with those same words to descripe the same horse, plus the general view of each horse is always so close as well. What is this guy just writing cliff notes of the closer look? I'm not sure of the technical definition of plagarism - but if this isn't it has to be awfully close. Is this guy local? or syndicated - maybe it is the form syndicating thier content under a ghost name or whatever - but I don't think that is the case.

1/27 AQUEDUCT: 5th race

SunTimes – Darryl Schwartz

HIGH COUNTRY (PP 8 Three-year-old filly showed a good deal of determination when defeating this kind in last; figures to have a quick pace to target here; like the interim drill with her Beyer going in the right direction; Mojica rides for Lukas.

DRF- George Cottrell

High Country – This one adds still more speed to the fray and she’s a Lukas trainee who is going great guns these days, wide post won’t hurt at all and her jock can be the last to commit to the a serious drive from way out here, speed figures going in the right direction and she can fire a much bigger shot in 2nd try off the shelf, definetly a repeat candidate and at least for the top of the tris.

1/27 AQUEDUCT 7th race

FAIRLY CRAFTY (PP 5) The connections felt strongly enough about this horse to ship him across the country to Levine; it's hard to imagine this trainer bringing him into the fray short; been facing very tough company out west; Luzzi rides.

DRF- Mike Hammersly

Fairly Crafty – Certainly seen this before – Levine has brought over many a SoCal horse for the inner track meet and had considerable sucess, this guy comes here razor sharp and that’s a real nice sprinter he beat last time (Chantrue), in fact he’s out West and doing well so if he’s able to transfer that form here – well you get our drift.

1/27 GULFSTREAM: 6th race

Sun Times – Darryl Schwartz

R J's Brigade (PP 9) This colt looks like the speed of this field; should be difficult to catch if that style is preferred; fought a tough battle last out at this distance; addition of blinkers will keep his mind on business; this barn is red hot; Prado rides for McLaughlin

DRF – Jennifer Morrison

R J’s Brigade – should rule as one of the favorites again and the addition of blinkers should have him more focused on his task – he travelled this distance in New York last time and he fought a good battle, barn is off to big start at the meeting, serious player.

1/27 OAKLAWN: 2nd race

PLATINUM BALLET (PP 6) This is the daughter of former Horse of the Year Skip Away; on vacation to freshen and is ready for her return; she has a versatile stalking-type style that should land this race to her after the early speed burners call it quits; Berry rides for Von Hemel

DRF – Kristen Sadler

Platinum Ballet – By 1998 Horse of the Year Skip Away, earned what ranks as the field’s best Beyer figure of 98, that was at Prairie Meadows last July, runner up in last year’s Bayakoa stakes behind Two Trail Sioux, runs well off rest – major contender.

2/4 Aqueduct 3rd Race

Whats Your Point (PP6) – Looms the speed in the spot, and she could get brave if allowed to control the early fractions, ran well off the layoff last out, she needed that race and will build off that effort, Coa Rides for Contessa

DRF –  Brian Mulligan

Whats Your Point – Stablemate ran fifth in last, she needed last badly and if she can build on the comeback she’ll be super tough, note show horse in last was clear for fun, looms one to deny

2/4 Aqueduct  - 8th Race

Great Intentions (PP3) – Didn’t like California and ships back to home court, this daughter of Cat Thief takes a drop in class here, she will sit off the prolonged speed duel and pounce turning for home, these are very strong connections – Coa rides for Hushion

DRF –  Dan Illman

Great Intentions – Grade 2 winer took lots of money at Santa Anita, but couldn’t keep up with the SoCal speed in the LaBrea, fits very well with these taking a drop in class, and should be in hunt throughout, wouldn’t be surprised if Coa has her just off Speed Bag ready to pounce on the turn, she’s very dangerous, but won’t offer much value.

2/4 Gulfstream – 4th Race

Yachats (PP6) Pletcher filly is 2 for 2 and her last win can over this track, she boasts the top last our Beyer figure and she goes out for barn that has been live all meeting long, my pick in a very contentious gathering, Velazquez rides again.

DRF – Steve Grabowski

Yachats – Pletcher filly is 2 for 2, with her most recent score over allowance rivals coming while arguing the pace over this track, she draws a great post to flaunt her early lick and the better gals in here do thier best running from off the pace, noting that probably tactical advantage, we’ll give her the nod as the one to catch and beat today in her Stakes debut.

2/4 Gulfstream – 6th Race

Wonder Lady Anne L (PP7) This Dutrow filly will be very dangerous with her tactical speed, she will gain first run on the pace setters turning for home, this gal should be fresh and kicking after her short vacation, she will be under the fun from the get go. Bejarano in the irons

DRF –  Dan Illman

Wonder Lady Anne L – She rallied professionaly from off the pace to run down Wait A While in the Damoiselle, adn the daughter of Ky. Derby winner Real Quiet may have found her niche around 2 turns, must break from aggravating outside post with short run to the first turn, but has tactical speed and could gain first run on the pacesetters from stalking range, always have to respect a Dutrow Jr. runner and this filly shows a bullet for this dangerous.

Report to moderator   Logged
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 09:36:04 PM »

Very interesting David. And I thought I was sharp.Your right he is plagerizing. Does that concern bettors. I think not. I don't pay attention. But he does boast a ROI return in positive. Was that his or others.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: