Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 30, 2014, 01:11:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: paul macdonnell should be shot  (Read 8784 times)
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2008, 12:02:37 AM »

Well, you can excuse Paul Mac's drive, but I don't.

Never mind what he did at the half, or the 3/4, etc -- he lost the race for his colt in the *first* quarter by making a bad decision, and then following it up with indecision.

He had to know that the outside speed was going to gun up to the top -- why was he so slow leaving the gate, when his horse hadn't ever been headed before? But no, he doesn't leave, and in the scramble to make the top, there was Paul Mac, outfooted by 7 horses & sitting in back playing with himself. I knew right there he was beat -- I said to my buddy, "Look, MacDonnell just blew it! He doesn't know where he's supposed to be!"

If he guns to the top, he has control, with the fastest 3 year old in the world at his fingertips. Others could have tried to take the top, and he could sit for awhile if he wanted, or pull and go right around them. Either move would have worked, had he avoided traffic trouble earlier.

But that first quarter -- that bad decision to not leave, followed by driver indecision on where to be on the racetrack, followed by a long, hard, and fast grind to the top -- *that* is what beat SBSW, not a "better" horse. Driver error. Go ahead and say it. That's how it's going to be judged in the long run.

You MacDonnell apologists need to go back and watch that race again and ask yourselves, "Why didn't he leave and get good early position?"...then come back and tell us with a straight face why SBSW's loss wasn't MacDonnell's fault.

i agree 1000%. you got the best horse in the country ....excuse me NORTH AMERICA and you get PARKED out of the 2 HOLE.  WHAT A DOPE ! JOHN CAMPBELL made a fool out of him because he didn't leave hard with sbsw to get his position he thought campbell was going to let him drop right in and then campbell shut him off which changed the whole strategy of the race for him at that point. sitting in front of campbell at the 1/8 pole puts him right where he should have been no matter what. we won't even talk about the extra ground he lost in the first turn not securing pylon position.

everyone talks about what was the first mistake that was made.

first mistake they didn't put up BRIAN SEARS. big race....big time driver

put up SEARS and see how good this horse really is.
Report to moderator   Logged
thewhip

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2008, 12:13:08 AM »

Can you promise that Yannick will be wearing his jock strap for goggles in the OLW?
Then it might be worth it, other than that both these horses have nothing to prove in a race that's only worth 60k to them if they win it, and that's if they even draw in the same division.
I wouldn't call it a disaster, he lost by a neck.  
bret hart

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2008, 03:46:17 AM »

i agree 1000%. you got the best horse in the country ....excuse me NORTH AMERICA and you get PARKED out of the 2 HOLE.  WHAT A DOPE ! JOHN CAMPBELL made a fool out of him because he didn't leave hard with sbsw to get his position he thought campbell was going to let him drop right in and then campbell shut him off which changed the whole strategy of the race for him at that point. sitting in front of campbell at the 1/8 pole puts him right where he should have been no matter what. we won't even talk about the extra ground he lost in the first turn not securing pylon position.

everyone talks about what was the first mistake that was made.

first mistake they didn't put up BRIAN SEARS. big race....big time driver

put up SEARS and see how good this horse really is.
Put Sears up...Typical, its obvious that they didn't want a Canadian to win, so lets put an American to drive to seal the deal...lets take the best guy from the best circuit in the world, (WEG), and tell him that even though hes never lost on the horse that we are putting Brian Sears up. How many horses has Sears gone undefeated with..oh yeah none. First off, Art Official parked another quality horse to the half in 51!!!, then came out of the hole and went by an undefeated horse in 147 flat, this is a horse who 2 months ago, couldnt beat 50 claimers in the Berrys Creek, so yeah Paul should have known that would happen. Paul did the right thing, knowing he had 10 seconds the best,he kept him in the passing lane at all costs and drove to the front so that no one could "F" him, by pinning him on the rail. Im sure if he knew that Art Official, the maiden from last year and one who he dusted 3 times already would be a horse that was going to be able to hang people in 51 seconds and then remove, well maybe he might have been more cautious. How many horses hang horse in 51 and keep going, thats right NONE! Always a Virgin in the Breeders Crown last year hung Tell All to a half two seconds slower and folded up, who was driving him..oh yeah the almighty one, Running Book cut a 53 half last years pace, and got nothing in the end. This horse comes out of the same circuit that gave us Rucker and Ledford so why should I be surprised...last time I seen an effort like that it was with team ledford and Allstar Blue Jean or something like that, as for SBSW ducking him, why should he race at the Meadowlands after that fiasco when he gets more to race at home, sorry your little Oliver Wendel Holmes means nothing to the breeding shed and anyone who things other wise is silly....theres 50 claimers on Hambo day too, you want to see a race with atmosphere check out the Gold Cup and Saucer from Charlottetown Driving Park, compare that to "hambo" day. We'll be back, and the maple leaf and Paul MacDonell will move on the right way and the respectful way. They don't owe anyone anything if Art Official wants to prove he wasn't a fluke he can find our where team canada is going and get to prove it, but oh yeah last I heard hes going to a fair race in Indiana.

Regards,
Best there is, was and ever will be, and Chicago you know it.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:20 AM »

its obvious that they didn't want a Canadian to win, so lets put an American to drive to seal the deal...

Who didn't want a Canadian to win - Campbell?  Gingras?   doh doh doh

If you stop right now, you'll end your posting career with just 2 awful posts.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
pacinfool

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2008, 08:29:14 AM »

Put Sears up...Typical, its obvious that they didn't want a Canadian to win, so lets put an American to drive to seal the deal...lets take the best guy from the best circuit in the world, (WEG), and tell him that even though hes never lost on the horse that we are putting Brian Sears up. How many horses has Sears gone undefeated with..oh yeah none. First off, Art Official parked another quality horse to the half in 51!!!, then came out of the hole and went by an undefeated horse in 147 flat, this is a horse who 2 months ago, couldnt beat 50 claimers in the Berrys Creek, so yeah Paul should have known that would happen. Paul did the right thing, knowing he had 10 seconds the best,he kept him in the passing lane at all costs and drove to the front so that no one could "F" him, by pinning him on the rail. Im sure if he knew that Art Official, the maiden from last year and one who he dusted 3 times already would be a horse that was going to be able to hang people in 51 seconds and then remove, well maybe he might have been more cautious. How many horses hang horse in 51 and keep going, thats right NONE! Always a Virgin in the Breeders Crown last year hung Tell All to a half two seconds slower and folded up, who was driving him..oh yeah the almighty one, Running Book cut a 53 half last years pace, and got nothing in the end. This horse comes out of the same circuit that gave us Rucker and Ledford so why should I be surprised...last time I seen an effort like that it was with team ledford and Allstar Blue Jean or something like that, as for SBSW ducking him, why should he race at the Meadowlands after that fiasco when he gets more to race at home, sorry your little Oliver Wendel Holmes means nothing to the breeding shed and anyone who things other wise is silly....theres 50 claimers on Hambo day too, you want to see a race with atmosphere check out the Gold Cup and Saucer from Charlottetown Driving Park, compare that to "hambo" day. We'll be back, and the maple leaf and Paul MacDonell will move on the right way and the respectful way. They don't owe anyone anything if Art Official wants to prove he wasn't a fluke he can find our where team canada is going and get to prove it, but oh yeah last I heard hes going to a fair race in Indiana.

Regards,
Best there is, was and ever will be, and Chicago you know it.

hey bud this isn't a canadian horse. he was bred in the UNITED STATES and sold to canadians.

so, this shit talk about u.s. versus the canadian horse is just plain b.s.

next three months will tell who is the best horse in the country.  come back in three months bragging about a juiced horse by ledfraud and tell me he is the best
njhorseman

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2008, 08:53:39 AM »

hey bud this isn't a canadian horse. he was bred in the UNITED STATES and sold to canadians.

so, this shit talk about u.s. versus the canadian horse is just plain b.s.

next three months will tell who is the best horse in the country.  come back in three months bragging about a juiced horse by ledfraud and tell me he is the best

SBSW was foaled in the US, but his sire stands in Ontario, so he is American in the way the Thoroughbred folks categorize it, but Canadian in the way Standardbreds categorize it for sire stakes eligibility.
njhorseman

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2008, 08:59:02 AM »

NJ,

What a brutal statement!
You want him to stay and race in the OLW for what 60 k? 
I dunno, if I'm offered 60k or 420k.. I think I will take 420k...how about you? 
.... and furthermore, he was never challenged before because NOBODY could challenge him.
It took a genius who couldn't put together 2 consecutive sentences if he tried, and Yannick all or nothing Gingras to get him beat.

There were people working on incentives for the horse to stay. The purse could have been beefed up. It's been done before.

Nobody ever tried to challenge the horse before this race. The field just rolled over and played dead in the NA Cup,with SBSW being allowed to practically walk his middle half. He never had a race that was more than a glorified qualifier before Saturday.
njhorseman

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2008, 09:01:31 AM »

NJ & I have had many passionate disagreements

But not many recently.  Wink
thewhip

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

There were people working on incentives for the horse to stay. The purse could have been beefed up. It's been done before.

Nobody ever tried to challenge the horse before this race. The field just rolled over and played dead in the NA Cup,with SBSW being allowed to practically walk his middle half. He never had a race that was more than a glorified qualifier before Saturday.
Ok but there's challenging and then there's what happened in the M1 pace.
The fields rolled over and played dead cause they were dead.  Before Saturday there was only ONE three year old that could pace in sub 49... you do realize that?
All this SEARS talk drives me nuts.  Can somebody confirmed that he finished the race yet?
He supposedly had the 3rd best horse in the race?  Did he even get a call?
So much for putting a "good driver" up.

regards,

whip.

p.s.  Art Official was bred in CANADA and sold to Americans.  big fu<kin deal
Harness1

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »

"The most respected driver in Canada for 20 years now".
Sorry, but MacDonnell is no way the driver of a Ron Waples (in his prime),
Doug Brown or Luc Ouelette. 

Forget the Holmes.  How about a triple crown appearance? The purse for the Messenger is pretty good.
LBJ - not a bad race to appear in.

Will we see him in November at the Big M for the Breeders crown? 
scootergirl

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2008, 02:05:16 PM »

I have to agree I dont understand why they refuse to race him in Jug, yet they are talking about racng him in the confederation cup at Flamboro. flamboro will ruin a great horse like him, Delaware its like racing on a mile track with short stretches. They say they dont want to go 3 heats, well then dont go three heats, if you cant win it in 2 then scratch from the third. No one says he has to race 3 heats. but hes worth a hell of a lot more if he was to win the Jug. Like i said before in this thread, they treat this horse like a tooth pick, put him under any stress and hes gonna break. But Im not trying to take anything away from the horse, Ive thought all along the horse wasnt managed properly by the owners, and I think deep down the only thing that actually got him beat was the fact that them and the rest of the world thought no one could get within a few lengths of him when he was at his best. Well guess what, its called a horse race for a reason, and this was the week Art official came up with an unbelievable performance.
 Paul in my opinion (some may or may not agree with me) drove the horse the way he did because common sense was telling him that the 2 horses in front of him at the half were going to be chewed off that half, and considering neither of those horses could get near him previously, of course he wouldnt be thinking either of those horses would be able to do what Art official did. he figured he had to take his shot at getting to the rail and out of trouble when he did.
 everyone is blaming Paul, maybe people need to realize when you are trying to win a race when everyone is ganging up on ya for a million dollars its a hell of a lot harder to accomplish.

I have a question for everyone that blames Paul...what would everyone be saying if he got locked in and finished 2nd, or if he waited a stride to late to go three wide and never caught the leader at the wire, or if the horse would have run off the gate because paul was trying to leave to hard? Its easy to Blame paul....but maybe it just wasnt meant to be??
Harness1

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2008, 02:18:50 PM »

I just think there was no reason to go 3 deep going to the half.  He could've stayed 4th on the rail or 2nd over.
No reason to race that hard.  If he showed patience, there is no way he loses.

As for 3 heats. Exactly like you stated scooter, race 2 and see what happens.  Nihilator raced only 2 heats in the Adios and didn't answer the bell for the 3rd heat with Maurader. 

HarnessGuy1

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »

When you have a fast horse like Art of SBSW, they want to get to the front, it is just the horse. Paul knew he had to get to the front. Did I see someone posted that the horse was juiced, meaning Art Official, you are a complete idiot if that is what YOU stated. Yes, the next three months will unfold and the best three year old will emerge. Badlands and those other horses, Bullville, Dali, Sleazy, have no chance against Art. The rematch will be awesome, cannot wait to see it. Art Official has nothing to prove, he just paced a 147 mile. He proved he was great, everyone just needs to recognize that.
NIATROSS

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2008, 03:09:48 PM »

When you have a fast horse like Art of SBSW, they want to get to the front, it is just the horse. Paul knew he had to get to the front. Did I see someone posted that the horse was juiced, meaning Art Official, you are a complete idiot if that is what YOU stated. Yes, the next three months will unfold and the best three year old will emerge. Badlands and those other horses, Bullville, Dali, Sleazy, have no chance against Art. The rematch will be awesome, cannot wait to see it. Art Official has nothing to prove, he just paced a 147 mile. He proved he was great, everyone just needs to recognize that.

Winning the pace does make ART OFFICIAL great.It did not make HOLBORN HANOVER great and neither did his 46:4 mile.
The balance of the yr will decide how great ART really is.
njhorseman

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2008, 04:29:02 PM »

I have to agree I dont understand why they refuse to race him in Jug, yet they are talking about racng him in the confederation cup at Flamboro. flamboro will ruin a great horse like him, Delaware its like racing on a mile track with short stretches. They say they dont want to go 3 heats, well then dont go three heats, if you cant win it in 2 then scratch from the third. No one says he has to race 3 heats. but hes worth a hell of a lot more if he was to win the Jug. Like i said before in this thread, they treat this horse like a tooth pick, put him under any stress and hes gonna break. But Im not trying to take anything away from the horse, Ive thought all along the horse wasnt managed properly by the owners, and I think deep down the only thing that actually got him beat was the fact that them and the rest of the world thought no one could get within a few lengths of him when he was at his best. Well guess what, its called a horse race for a reason, and this was the week Art official came up with an unbelievable performance.
 Paul in my opinion (some may or may not agree with me) drove the horse the way he did because common sense was telling him that the 2 horses in front of him at the half were going to be chewed off that half, and considering neither of those horses could get near him previously, of course he wouldnt be thinking either of those horses would be able to do what Art official did. he figured he had to take his shot at getting to the rail and out of trouble when he did.
 everyone is blaming Paul, maybe people need to realize when you are trying to win a race when everyone is ganging up on ya for a million dollars its a hell of a lot harder to accomplish.

I have a question for everyone that blames Paul...what would everyone be saying if he got locked in and finished 2nd, or if he waited a stride to late to go three wide and never caught the leader at the wire, or if the horse would have run off the gate because paul was trying to leave to hard? Its easy to Blame paul....but maybe it just wasnt meant to be??

scootergirl, you continue to display a great deal of wisdom.
bret hart

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »

"The most respected driver in Canada for 20 years now".
Sorry, but MacDonnell is no way the driver of a Ron Waples (in his prime),
Doug Brown or Luc Ouelette. 

Forget the Holmes.  How about a triple crown appearance? The purse for the Messenger is pretty good.
LBJ - not a bad race to appear in.

Will we see him in November at the Big M for the Breeders crown? 
MacDonnell is 10 times the driver Doug Brown is, Doug drove for Robinson and Stutzman, used to be first call on 6 out of 8 horses at the then Ontario Jockey Club circuit, once he lost the drives of the big barns his career fanished, MacDonell is the same driver he was 20 years ago. Luc is a hall of famer, and Ronnie well Ronnie was a legend but he is from a total different generation, and if you count back 20 years thats 1988 and Ronnie would have been struggling at the end of his Big M run around that time so he doesn't fit the time line, ask anyone on this board who is Canadian based or follows the WEG circuit on a regular basis, and Im pretty sure most will back up my info on Paul, sorry if it came across I was insinuating Art Official was cheating, its just everyone seen he was a nice animal, but the multiple move 147 flat mile wasnt really visible as it prob. was from the "beach"..lets hope we get a rematch, one thing we can all agree on it will be great for the sport.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: