Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 10:25:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .10 SUPER  (Read 11548 times)
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2005, 06:33:02 PM »

there will be no carryovers on the 10cent supers IMO...every one of them will be hit....if there is one....maybe an average of 1 every 2 months.....just my guess....
Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005, 06:48:23 PM »

OH, I forgot that the Bal-Cal is scheduled to make a comeback - but perhaps midweek due to Autotote software problems and such.  They can't schedule the thing earlier in the card right now and the track wants lots of players, so the bet is being placed on hold.  TC

I'll see if I can get some more information on this from the California front.  I was never a big fan of the wager, however -- and if I remember correctly, they were never even close to the guarantee, right?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
emp

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 05:22:55 PM »

It's official......
http://www.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/anmviewer.asp?a=12509&z=1
TC

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 05:33:35 PM »

Now poor Tom Kelley is gloating that Bal invented the dime bet.  Oye Vay, I hope he's not talking about the Pick 9 that gets about $100 in play on a Saturday night.  Just another goof organization behind the times trying to put a positive spin on their failures.  Tc
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 05:33:52 PM »

They had it listed on the feed all week -- no surprises.

Best,
EW

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2005, 05:35:55 PM »

Now poor Tom Kelley is gloating that Bal invented the dime bet.  Oye Vay, I hope he's not talking about the Pick 9 that gets about $100 in play on a Saturday night.  Just another goof organization behind the times trying to put a positive spin on their failures.  Tc

TC, give credit where it's due -- they put the dime increment up first.

Seriously, I can't believe that they are going to have EIGHT supers -- thanks Balmoral for killing my Exacta and Tri pools!  Time to start running numbers for Woodbine, I guess.   Undecided

Best,
EW

TC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2005, 05:47:26 PM »

EW, I don't mind you sticking up for your 3rd floor pals, but the Pick 9 is and will always be a laughingstock.  They were behind Hawthorne on this .10 super bet and it stings them.  If Mike Antoniades didn't lobby for it, the wager would still be on the shelf at Gestapoland.  Are they really commited to 8 supers a night now ?  I wasn't sure what the fimal increase was going to be.  Don't bother with Woodbine, the circuit is too tough if you don't know the "farm players" and those changes aren't in a program anywhere -LOL.  Tough track to be right at without "help". JMO TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 05:54:04 PM »

Another major scoop TC, or whatever you call yourself.
Unknown changes occurring at Woodbine??
Farm players influence race outcomes at Woodbine?HuhHuh
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!
Tell us more our "esteemed gossip queen".
TC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 05:57:08 PM »

F U TW.  Enjoy being exposed because you're finished.
emp

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2005, 06:06:43 PM »

Come on TC, Stop beating a DEAD HORSE!

Dead Horse

The tribal wisdom of the North American standardbred horsemen, passed on from one generation to the next, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to slide your tushee slowly off the seat while holding the lines in one hand.

But in modern management (and organisations and government); because of the heavy investment of time, money and energy which has gone into the establishment and maintenance of these critters; other strategies are often tried with these DEAD HORSES, including the following:

1. Buying a bigger, stronger whip.
2. Changing drivers.
3. Threatening the horse with policy termination.
4. Appointing various mental health committees to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other jurisdictions to see how they ride dead horses.
6. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
7. Reclassifying the dead horse as "living-impaired."
8. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
9. Harnessing two or more dead horses in a sulky together to increase speed.
10. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse's performance.
11. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter drivers would improve the dead horse's performance.
12. Declaring that the dead horse carries lower overhead and therefore contributes more to the bottom line then younger, more vigorous horses.
13. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.

And, as a final strategy:
14. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position on a dead website such as trackslew.com.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2005, 06:23:41 PM »

Come on TC, Stop beating a DEAD HORSE!

Dead Horse

The tribal wisdom of the North American standardbred horsemen, passed on from one generation to the next, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to slide your tushee slowly off the seat while holding the lines in one hand.

But in modern management (and organisations and government); because of the heavy investment of time, money and energy which has gone into the establishment and maintenance of these critters; other strategies are often tried with these DEAD HORSES, including the following:

1. Buying a bigger, stronger whip.
2. Changing drivers.
3. Threatening the horse with policy termination.
4. Appointing various mental health committees to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other jurisdictions to see how they ride dead horses.
6. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
7. Reclassifying the dead horse as "living-impaired."
8. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
9. Harnessing two or more dead horses in a sulky together to increase speed.
10. Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse's performance.
11. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter drivers would improve the dead horse's performance.
12. Declaring that the dead horse carries lower overhead and therefore contributes more to the bottom line then younger, more vigorous horses.
13. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.

And, as a final strategy:
14. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position on a dead website such as trackslew.com.
OK, another post qualifies for "POST OF THE MONTH - OCTOBER 2005".  Well done, emp.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2005, 06:24:18 PM »

Another TC( or whatever he calls himself) exclusive!!!!!!!!
He has exposed me as TW!!!!!!!!!!
More falsehoods from TC the "esteemed gossip queen" of the forum.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 06:27:54 PM »

OTAY, as Buckwheat would say.  give up on yet more frauds my lost friend.  LOL TC
emp

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 06:30:35 PM »

Burt asked his friend Ernie if he wanted some ice cream.
Ernie said: "Sherbert!"
Dan Nance

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 06:30:41 PM »

Tom
         Is that what you were tought...DENY....DENY. You should have used that in the fraud case at the hearing you missed.  
burton

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2005, 06:32:25 PM »

TC( or whatever you call yourself) I do find your posts amusing but don't you feel silly communicating with me as if I were TW or whoever the Nance's say I am, when I am none of the above?
The more arrogant and sure of yourself you come off, the dumber you look.
Too bad you don't play Maywood.
Good handicappers can find some decent plays out there.
Good Luck!

Yours Truly,

Not Tom Wendt
emp

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2005, 06:34:13 PM »

Stick to politics please gentlemen.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blosamabert.htm
TC

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2005, 06:35:37 PM »

TC( or whatever you call yourself) I do find your posts amusing but don't you feel silly communicating with me as if I were TW or whoever the Nance's say I am, when I am none of the above?
The more arrogant and sure of yourself you come off, the dumber you look.
Too bad you don't play Maywood.
Good handicappers can find some decent plays out there.
Good Luck!

Yours Truly,

Not Tom Wendt
Funny how Tom loves Maywood and said that very same thing to me months ago.  Great mind thinking alike ( note the singular "mind").  Enjoy Ratwood, Mr. Thomas Burton Wendt.  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 06:41:05 PM »

EW, I don't mind you sticking up for your 3rd floor pals, but the Pick 9 is and will always be a laughingstock.  They were behind Hawthorne on this .10 super bet and it stings them.  If Mike Antoniades didn't lobby for it, the wager would still be on the shelf at Gestapoland.  Are they really commited to 8 supers a night now ?  I wasn't sure what the fimal increase was going to be.  Don't bother with Woodbine, the circuit is too tough if you don't know the "farm players" and those changes aren't in a program anywhere -LOL.  Tough track to be right at without "help". JMO TC

The Pick 9 is undoubtedly a joke.  If they really cared, they would put up some sort of guarantee (obviously not as high as the previous 10k try -- but something).

But, they were the first track in America to use the dime metric.  Too bad they didn't follow it into the Super -- they could've been easily first on that front, since the groundwork was already there...

Best,
EW

emp

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2005, 06:42:36 PM »

heard the middle initial is "R" as in RAT
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2005, 07:09:26 PM »

I think that management should go to the horsemen and offer a higher purse and go to the 12 horse super for a dime. I thought the results at old Sportsmans was great, and that was with 3 trailers, not just 2. I also believe that the pick 9 should be a place bet, and jack the price to a quarter. Track management has to find NEW ways of increasing handle and interest in their
less talented product. Before, you looked forward to the Saturday nite invite with Song Cycle,
Timelys Best Man, Rambling Willie and those, However you don't have that nowadays, so to
create more excitement it is only natural to cretae a possibility of a bigger than average score

Now will the tracks respond? I highly doubt it and that is what sucks. In almost any other business, ownership not only requests input from its clients, but relishes the responses it gets
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2005, 07:28:56 PM »

heard the middle initial is "R" as in RAT

Nothing like a unemployed wanna-be journalist taking cheap shots...  Just another day in the life at the best harness forum in America.

Best,
EW
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 12:06:55 PM by warden » Report to moderator   Logged

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2005, 07:30:10 PM »

I think that management should go to the horsemen and offer a higher purse and go to the 12 horse super for a dime. I thought the results at old Sportsmans was great, and that was with 3 trailers, not just 2. I also believe that the pick 9 should be a place bet, and jack the price to a quarter. Track management has to find NEW ways of increasing handle and interest in their
less talented product. Before, you looked forward to the Saturday nite invite with Song Cycle,
Timelys Best Man, Rambling Willie and those, However you don't have that nowadays, so to
create more excitement it is only natural to cretae a possibility of a bigger than average score

Now will the tracks respond? I highly doubt it and that is what sucks. In almost any other business, ownership not only requests input from its clients, but relishes the responses it gets

You've got the right idea.

The beautiful part about the industry is that they can EASILY test things -- because the pool numbers provide instant feedback.  Why they don't take more chances is beyond me.

Best,
EW

TC

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2005, 07:38:23 PM »

Nothing like a unemployed wanna-be journalist taking cheap shots...  Just another day in the life at the best harness forum in America.

Best,
EW
EW, I'll make you a deal.  If you know any trolls and convince them go give up the ghost, I'll guarantee you that everyone will be nice toward you and your friends.  You have nothing to prove to me or Dan and are an esteemed member of this forum.  I'd find it hard to believe that you'd be caught up in trolling because you're one smart cookie.  We go nuts when the trolls play their b.s. games and they start all the downhill slides this forum experiences.  Good luck in your endeavors. TC
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 12:08:24 PM by warden » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2005, 07:42:50 PM »

Wow TC (or whatever you call yourself)
What an honor you bestow on ew.
Your royal highness, please, please make me a member of your esteemed forum.
Please my royal gossip queen?HuhHuh
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: