Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 02:25:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to save $100 Billion a year in taxes?  (Read 8692 times)
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »

Who is going to pay for it? I want some for free too.

That's the rub. Obama says make it available, everyone who wants it can get it. Hillary wanted to make it mandatory and give subsidies to the people who needed it most.

I thought Hillary's plan was better. Obama is closer to McCain's plan, which is to do nothing.
Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2008, 08:54:54 PM »

Non secured creditors are shit out of luck!

Yeah, they have a mandate to supply the care to everyone, and then they are stuck with the cost when people can't pay. It sucks to be a hospital.
mel4600

« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2008, 09:03:43 PM »

Yeah, they have a mandate to supply the care to everyone, and then they are stuck with the cost when people can't pay. It sucks to be a hospital.

Ever see their financial statements?

You should be happy then, everyone already has health care and the rich have to pay for it!

Good night, I'm going for a swim.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2008, 09:09:40 PM »

Ever see their financial statements?

You should be happy then, everyone already has health care and the rich have to pay for it!

Good night, I'm going for a swim.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. I personally had to tell hundreds of people they were laid off. And at two other hospitals, I was laid off. And there are a LOT fewer hospitals than there were in Chicago 20 years ago.
edwarren

« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2008, 05:34:55 AM »

The way I see it is this

Fine, if you want to continue shipping jobs and capital overseas, like we experienced under the Bush U.S. Jobs export program, that's fine, because no country or company will invest capital in the U.S. where American workers continue to have poor health care and inadequate insurance coverage.

After spending a whopping $230,000,000,000 a year on health insurance and 45,000,000 American have no health insurance.

From an official 2007 report, life expectancy in the U.S has slipped fro 11th to 42nd in the world, behind every country in Europe but one, and behind Jordan. Health experts say it's because 45,000,000 people lack health coverage and because a lack of simple preventive medicine.

Conservatives make bad decisions and bad investments regarding health care.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 06:00:51 AM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2008, 10:57:37 AM »

From an official 2007 report, life expectancy in the U.S has slipped fro 11th to 42nd in the world, behind every country in Europe but one, and behind Jordan. Health experts say it's because 45,000,000 people lack health coverage and because a lack of simple preventive medicine.

Conservatives make bad decisions and bad investments regarding health care.

Maybe you, Moon, Clockerterry, and the rest of the liberal loons should move to one of those great countries.  thumbs up
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: