Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 06:09:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crude broke almost 7 bucks today  (Read 3625 times)
honest person

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:49:38 PM »

how long until gas prices drop?   i say never....if it was the other way around and crude was up 7 bucks they would of already raised the prices
Report to moderator   Logged
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:39:59 PM »

Couldn't resist the subject line Wink

from the Narch 7, 1929 Trotter and Pacer mag:

A Genuine Sale Ring Bargain

LEXINGTON, Ky., March 2.

ONE of the best sale ring bargains that has been brought to notice in some time past is that of the great broodmare Daisydale D. 2:151/4. Entered in an auction here last fall and apparently showing barrenness, she was passed. Later she appeared in a sale of horses and mules at the Gentry Thompson Co., and was purchased by Asa H. Jewell of Pleasant View Farm for a very modest sum, to be exact, $7.

She was bought with the purpose of filling out a load of business horses and mules to go south. He paid no attention to the page of catalog that was given him after her purchase until later, and saw that it was  Daisydale.

Later investigation showed that she was in foal, so naturally she did not go south, but is now at Pleasant View Farm.
Daisydale D. is the dam of five, including that wonderfully fast pacer Abbedale 2:011/4, and his sister Mag Abbe 2:081/2 She was stinted to Bogalusa 2:041/4 last spring, so the proposed foal will be a brother or sister to Queen Marie (2) 2:18, that trotted a half in 1:03 here last May; Daleusa (2) 2:201/2, (3) 2:161/4, and Daisy L., now two, that was paid up on in the Hambletonian Stake for 1930.
end of quote

Anybody know what the foal did Wink

Regards Don
Dan Villeky

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:54:33 AM »

how long until gas prices drop?   i say never....if it was the other way around and crude was up 7 bucks they would of already raised the prices

By $0.30 per gallon!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Down another $5.00 / barrel this morning.
What's a good communist like the looney mooney going to do should this contonue ??
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 10:12:27 AM »

What's a good communist like the looney mooney going to do should this contonue ??

Why didn't Dubya take off that executive moratorium when he took office? The whole price run up would never have happened. He ripped every one of us off at the pumps, and made us suffer needlessly.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »

Oil companies get the best of both worlds by using variable accounting methods as required...When the oil goes up gas prices go up immediately because they say they have to replace their reserves at the higher price but when oil goes down they say they have to use their reserves first (bought at the higher prices) before they can decrease prices...I'm sure theres a way in trading commodities to make money if you know something is going down in price and anyone with any kind of pulse knew the oil would drop once Bush made that announcement...I guess thats why the rich get richer and the poor are busy trying to cash a daily double somewhere...I told a friend that I thought gas prices would go down signifigantly instead of up because how could Chrysler guarantee gas at $3 if it was going to $5....As soon as they announced that incentive I figured somebody had to know something

SHOWTIME!!!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »

I would like to thank George W. Bush for that bold move he made repealing the Presidential moratorium.

When I filled up my car Monday, gas was $4.09. Today, it is $4.15. Thank you George Bush, thank you! 
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 03:07:13 PM »

I would like to thank George W. Bush for that bold move he made repealing the Presidential moratorium.

When I filled up my car Monday, gas was $4.09. Today, it is $4.15. Thank you George Bush, thank you! 

Now ClockerTerry:

Did you go to one of those gas stations that the girls  Kiss are topless?  crossedfingers

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 05:11:28 PM »

Hahahahaha! I haven't owned a car since 1980. I'll bet you are regretting your giant SUV purchase. Seeing your posts, I'm guessing you are one of the suckers who bought a Hummer.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

Now ClockerTerry:

Did you go to one of those gas stations that the girls  Kiss are topless?  crossedfingers

Come on Ken, I'm currently living in a state where they play the national anthem before breakfast, say the pledge at lunch, and sing the state song after dinner. We do not have topless girl gas stations, unlike you unpatriotic hellbound degenerates back east.

On Monday, every gas station on the main drag advertised gas for $4.09.9  Today, all the same gas stations, $4.15.9  So, what miracle favor did George Bush just do me personally by revoking the executive drilling moratorium his daddy declared?
ChitownSteve75

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 12:43:09 AM »

Bill Clinton veto'd drilling in the 90's and the house/Obama don't want to drill today. We'll have $6 Gal if BHO gets in. Looks like I'll have to join Moon and get a Schwin.

ZENYATTA THE GREAT! NOT RA!
edwarren

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 12:51:40 AM »

Bill Clinton veto'd drilling in the 90's and the house/Obama don't want to drill today. We'll have $6 Gal if BHO gets in. Looks like I'll have to join Moon and get a Schwin.

steve I pretty much proved the oil market in america was and is manipulated (from over on the thoroughbred side.)

want me to go back and dig it out for you or can you find it yourself?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 01:01:42 AM »

Bill Clinton veto'd drilling in the 90's and the house/Obama don't want to drill today.

The original Congressional moratorium was passed in 1982, on Republican Ron Reagan's watch. The Presidential moratorium Dubya just rescinded was declared by his daddy, Republican GHW Bush. Dubya could have rescinded his daddy's moratorium the day he took office, but didn't. Explain those. You can't reconcile it with the idea those Republican clowns really have the American public's gas price in mind.

I see two explanations.

First, a reasonable one, from a "Trilateral Commission" perspective. Oil reserves the world over are being depleted. Would it not make sense to import oil from other countries while it's still available, and use up their reserves, and save ours for last? Well, of course that wouldn't make sense to the me me me, now now now, borrow and spend, borrow and spend, and screw all our children conservatives like we have on this forum, but from a long term perspective of people with strategic vision, it might. If you believe such people exist.

Second, the more likely one, by taking some U.S. reserves off the table until the price got run way up, the Bush/Cheney oil cartel assured their oil company buddies of far greater profits once those fields were opened up. 
edwarren

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 01:05:57 AM »

The original Congressional moratorium was passed in 1982, on Republican Ron Reagan's watch. The Presidential moratorium Dubya just rescinded was declared by his daddy, Republican GHW Bush. Dubya could have rescinded his daddy's moratorium the day he took office, but didn't. Explain those. You can't reconcile it with the idea those Republican clowns really have the American public's gas price in mind.

I see two explanations.

First, a reasonable one, from a "Trilateral Commission" perspective. Oil reserves the world over are being depleted. Would it not make sense to import oil from other countries while it's still available, and use up their reserves, and save ours for last? Well, of course that wouldn't make sense to the me me me, now now now, borrow and spend, borrow and spend, and screw all our children conservatives like we have on this forum, but from a long term perspective of people with strategic vision, it might. If you believe such people exist.

Second, the more likely one, by taking some U.S. reserves off the table until the price got run way up, the Bush/Cheney oil cartel assured their oil company buddies of far greater profits once those fields were opened up. 

oh yeah definitely, they're taking peoples money, in so many ways. Exploitation, inflation, taking peoples homes away from them, TAKING their actual cash like folks in line at IndyMac, loss of health insurance, crappy bankruptcy laws, loss of pensions. fraud waste, war-profiteering.   there's not much to like.  In a word it's the New Order for America.

steve and terry i pretty much proved the oil market was and is manipulated (on the thoroughbred side) some time back.

Why is there a NEW thread for this? Kenneth Chadwick started a thread about crude oil some time ago.  Anyone with any business sense knows the market's "frothy".

Want me to go back and dig that up for you or can you find it yourself?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:26:52 AM by edwarren » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 01:20:51 AM »

oh yeah definitely, they're taking peoples money, in so many ways. Exploitation, inflation, taking peoples homes away from them, TAKING their actual cash like folks in line at IndyMac, loss of health insurance, crappy bankruptcy laws, loss of pensions. fraud waste, war-profiteering.   there's not much to like.  In a word it's the New Order for America.

Well, you know, as far as a number of these things, there's the reality we all have to compete on a world stage now. Not only companies, but workers, as well. Sorry Charlie.

However, American natural resources belong to Americans. President Cheney has hijacked them to turn over to his buddies at foreign owned multinationals, and that's just not right.
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 01:23:40 AM »

Bush 1 "vetoed" offshore drilling (signed an executive order). Arnold the Republican governor of California opposes it. The opposition has been largely bipartisan thus far, in part a NIMBY reaction of the coastal states. This administration's own energy information office has predicted little price reduction because the product (a drop in the global bucket) feeds into a global market.

I'm not saying don't drill.

But don't be delusional about its impact or where gas prices will or won't go depending on the oil policy of which guy is elected.

And don't forget the fundamentals are against us with regard to oil.

Whichever guy has the boldest plan for our FUTURE is the one I'll back.

But you're right about the "H" in BHO. I'd sure never vote for no Muslim. Gas through the flippin' CAMEL's roof!

edwarren

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 01:32:53 AM »

Bush 1 "vetoed" offshore drilling (signed an executive order). Arnold the Republican governor of California opposes it. The opposition has been largely bipartisan thus far, in part a NIMBY reaction of the coastal states. This administration's own energy information office has predicted little price reduction because the product (a drop in the global bucket) feeds into a global market.

I'm not saying don't drill.

But don't be delusional about its impact or where gas prices will or won't go depending on the oil policy of which guy is elected.

And don't forget the fundamentals are against us with regard to oil.

Yes with oil companies writing our energy policy, I kind of agree.

Whichever guy has the boldest plan for our FUTURE is the one I'll back.

What plan is that ?

But you're right about the "H" in BHO. I'd sure never vote for no Muslim. Gas through the flippin' CAMEL's roof!

I'd sure never vote for no Muslim either. I'm voting Democratic.
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 01:37:31 AM »

Yes with oil companies writing our energy policy, I kind of agree.

What plan is that ?

I'd sure never vote for no Muslim either. I'm voting Democratic.

Which plan? Not sure. That's why there's an election.

Have you any taste for satire? Whom do you think was being satirized?

The fundamentals are against us, no matter who's taking it out of the ground or how "crooked" they are.

edwarren

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 01:44:59 AM »

Which plan? Not sure. That's why there's an election.

Have you any taste for satire? Whom do you think was being satirized?

The fundamentals are against us, no matter who's taking it out of the ground or how "crooked" they are.

Sorry. I don't know you well. The cover of the New Yorker is satire but is also misunderstood. (and hasn't even been mailed yet)  Now if it were Moon or Terry posted or one of the flag boys, I'd have got it right away. Please accept my apology.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 03:08:16 AM »

I see two explanations.

People like you always say, "Bush/Cheney Oil Cartel", "Bush's Buddies", "Bush's Friends" but never do you ever actually name these people.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
mel4600

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 07:32:30 AM »

Crude fell over $6 a barrel, which is the largest single day drop in 40 years, immediately after Bush lifted the ban. It then dropped another $4 a barrel the second day. The liberal loons will mess this up again by siding against this country and drilling.
edwarren

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »

ha

good timing  !!

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 09:11:31 AM »

People like you always say, "Bush/Cheney Oil Cartel", "Bush's Buddies", "Bush's Friends" but never do you ever actually name these people.

That's rich, coming from the guy who has lead innuendo campaign against Chuck Schumer for the past week.

Or are you just being ironic?

I'll start you you on your way, though. Cheney was CEO of Halliburton. Now, I know that's not an oil company, per se, but they stand to make a TON of money if more drilling gets under way.

As far as Bush goes, start with Herbie Walker, W's uncle (the W stands for Walker - they named  him after the guy) or just google "Midland, Texas".
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:15:59 AM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 09:16:56 AM »

Crude fell over $6 a barrel, which is the largest single day drop in 40 years, immediately after Bush lifted the ban. It then dropped another $4 a barrel the second day. The liberal loons will mess this up again by siding against this country and drilling.

Oddly, nobody in the financial community attributed the drop  in oil to Bush's statement. I don't know, maybe Bush's BFF, Larry Kudlow did (I don't watch or listen to him any more)

With regard to crude oil, prices fell 3.1% after a government report showed an unexpected crude and gasoline inventory build, sparking a rally in energy-price sensitive areas.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:23:33 AM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 09:32:23 AM »

Oddly, nobody in the financial community attributed the drop  in oil to Bush's statement.

Gee, I wonder what could have possibly caused it?  Wink Maybe it was the loons who oppose drilling (Obama)? I sure hope the loons hang in there with the drilling ban because it is surely going to cost them the election.  crossedfingers
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »

Gee, I wonder what could have possibly caused it?  Wink Maybe it was the loons who oppose drilling (Obama)? I sure hope the loons hang in there with the drilling ban because it is surely going to cost them the election.  crossedfingers

Did you miss this?

With regard to crude oil, prices fell 3.1% after a government report showed an unexpected crude and gasoline inventory build, sparking a rally in energy-price sensitive areas.

From nasdaq.com
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: