Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 10:48:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUSH LIMBAUGH  (Read 8812 times)
mel4600

« on: July 13, 2008, 09:49:08 AM »

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

The Rush Limbaugh Show (also referred to as the Excellence in Broadcasting Network, or the EIB Network) is an American radio show hosted by Rush Limbaugh on Premiere Radio Networks. Since its inception in 1988, The Rush Limbaugh Show has become the highest-rated talk-radio show in the United States.

Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 10:15:12 AM »

Highest rated radio talk show? Isn't that like being the lead clown in the Tazikstan circus?

/Why yes, I believe it is JUST like being the lead clown in the Tazikstan circus.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 10:27:58 AM »

Highest rated radio talk show? Isn't that like being the lead clown in the Tazikstan circus?

/Why yes, I believe it is JUST like being the lead clown in the Tazikstan circus.

If it is so insignificant, then why are Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid so dedicated to bringing back the "Fairness Doctrine" and why were theyu so hell-bent on stopping a Republican vote on protecting the current broadcast system

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
samstar

Harness racing is fun

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »

The libs have been unsuccessful in presenting a radio show because they lack a sense of humor and lack understanding of the other persons positions. Can you  imagine the Nancy Pols show or the Pinky Reed show?  The Jesse Jackson show? Come on give me a break.  The dems cram dogma, and as a species, they don't discuss issues.

Happiness is consiously chosen and hard-won!
Horse Voice

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 10:39:35 AM »

Plush Flameball is probably much like Howard Stern when it comes to his audience -- some love him, but even more hate him and they just tune in to hear what next ridiculous thing he comes up with.

Same thing with Fox News on TV. Like moths to a flame.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »

Plush Flameball is probably much like Howard Stern when it comes to his audience -- some love him, but even more hate him and they just tune in to hear what next ridiculous thing he comes up with.

Yeah that must be why over 500 radio stations carry Limbaugh and why he takes in so much advertising that they can easily afford to have him on the air for 20 years and give him a $400 million contract

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
mel4600

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 10:44:55 AM »

Thanks for your insight Terry. Maybe bankrupt Air America or soon to be bankrupt MSNBC is your cup of tea?
Horse Voice

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 11:03:47 AM »

Yeah that must be why over 500 radio stations carry Limbaugh and why he takes in so much advertising that they can easily afford to have him on the air for 20 years and give him a $400 million contract

What -- it's not possible that I could be right, and people who hate him tune in to listen anyway?

Do you really thing people like him that much? You must think Howard Stern is pretty good too?  Roll Eyes
Horse Voice

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »

Thanks for your insight Terry.

No problem, SWAYBACK.
mel4600

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »

No problem, SWAYBACK.
  Wink

Thanks for the complement. Rex says hello!
mel4600

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 11:10:26 AM »

What -- it's not possible that I could be right, and people who hate him tune in to listen anyway?

Do you really thing people like him that much? You must think Howard Stern is pretty good too?  Roll Eyes

You can't be that dumb, can you? Do you know the difference between subscription radio and paid advertising?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 11:16:42 AM »

If it is so insignificant, then why are Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid so dedicated to bringing back the "Fairness Doctrine" and why were theyu so hell-bent on stopping a Republican vote on protecting the current broadcast system

I don't know, because having ALL the media in the hands of Rupert Murdoch and ClearChannel seems like a bad idea?? Just a guess. At one point, you could have added Ted Turner to that mix, but I don't that's true anymore.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »

You can't be that dumb, can you? Do you know the difference between subscription radio and paid advertising?

Yes, people actually have to go out and buy a special radio and then pay money to hear Stern. I'm pretty sure he was blowing away Limbaugh's ratings when he was on regular radio.

http://www.jossip.com/rush-limbaughs-new-400-million-deal-still-worth-less-than-howard-sterns-payday-20080702/
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 11:31:09 AM »

I don't know, because having ALL the media in the hands of Rupert Murdoch and ClearChannel seems like a bad idea?? Just a guess. At one point, you could have added Ted Turner to that mix, but I don't that's true anymore.

Moon:

Ever hear NPR (National Public Radio)?
Tax supported forum for the Liberals.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »

Moon:

Kenneth J. Chadwick

OK. You can add that one, too.

/I don't think NPR is trying to take over all media, though. Do you?
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 11:47:26 AM »

Moonie,'

You need to learn the "Fairness Doctrine". Come back when you do.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 11:48:45 AM »

Moon:

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Let NPR and PBS go commercial and lets see how many days they last.

mel4600

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »

Yes, people actually have to go out and buy a special radio and then pay money to hear Stern. I'm pretty sure he was blowing away Limbaugh's ratings when he was on regular radio.

http://www.jossip.com/rush-limbaughs-new-400-million-deal-still-worth-less-than-howard-sterns-payday-20080702/

Moon,

I was paying Stern a compliment by drawing an reference to subscribers. Do you have a problem comprehending? By the way, since you brought it up, I believe Rush's ratings were larger than Stern's on free radio and he is definitely the highest paid on free radio. Stern got that kind of money to spur subscriptions in 2004 for 5 years, what do you think they would be willing to pay Rush?
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »

I give Rush credit for two very different things.

1. he tells his story from a multi-millionaires perspective like that's AMERICA"S frame of mind.
2. He provides working people a chance at some ridiculously funny humor. As in he really tells it like it ain't.

I wouldn't dare want to bring up his absolute hypocrasy in letting the ACLU defend his right to privacy for his drug problems. He must have felt like he was in bed with the "dark side". WTF? What a joke. Mega mega ditto's.......LOL beer

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »

Moon,

I was paying Stern a compliment by drawing an reference to subscribers. Do you have a problem comprehending? By the way, since you brought it up, I believe Rush's ratings were larger than Stern's on free radio and he is definitely the highest paid on free radio. Stern got that kind of money to spur subscriptions in 2004 for 5 years, what do you think they would be willing to pay Rush?

No, Mel, you were insulting someone.

Here's your quote.

I don't even know who you were insulting, but that's what you were doing. For no purpose that I can see, other than it seems to make you feel like a "big man". Or is there a mystery post I missed?

We don't know what Rush would get on Satellite radio. But right now, Stern is earning $100 million per year and Rush is getting about $50 million per year. It's not even close.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:23:26 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 04:36:50 PM »

Let NPR and PBS go commercial and lets see how many days they last.

You might not want to go there, considering horse racing is at the public trough itself.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »

Moon:

Sirius Satellite Radio made a mistake in giving Stern all that money  dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar.

His followers did not follow him as Sirius thought they would.

Sirius is around $ 2.00 a share.  Howard Stern was the only winner on this deal.

As a sidebar I owned some SIRI.  I purchased the stock around $ 14.00 and sold it around $ 9.00.

Great idea, I have in my car and at work.  It has not panned out financially very well.  XM Radio & Sirius are still trying to merge.

Both shareholders have taken a bath.

Kenneth J. Chadwick 

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 06:36:35 PM »

Moon:

Sirius Satellite Radio made a mistake in giving Stern all that money  dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar.

His followers did not follow him as Sirius thought they would.

Sirius is around $ 2.00 a share.  Howard Stern was the only winner on this deal.

As a sidebar I owned some SIRI.  I purchased the stock around $ 14.00 and sold it around $ 9.00.

Great idea, I have in my car and at work.  It has not panned out financially very well.  XM Radio & Sirius are still trying to merge.

Both shareholders have taken a bath.

Kenneth J. Chadwick 

And maybe ClearChannel made a big mistake paying this much money to Limbaugh.
edwarren

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »

IMO, it's laundered.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 07:36:05 PM »

Moon,
This shows that your business skills are extremely shallow.

You just don't know.

Your posts shows you lack of basis business knowledge.

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: