Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 09:24:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indymac  (Read 6563 times)
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »

Oh this one is going to be fun. Give credit to Larry Kudlow for calling this one.

Anybody care to lay odds on the Justice Department investigating a letter from Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer on Indymac about two weeks ago and the sudden run on that bank?

Oh did I mention that Schumer is on the Senate Banking Committee?

Does anybody care to guess what company Indymac is connected to?

Does anybody care to guess who that company gave sweetheart loans to?

Oh Chuckie. Now was not the time to get stupid.
Report to moderator   Logged

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 07:32:52 PM »

How about a link? Why is this so difficult? If you bring up some of your wacko stuff, link to it. It's not that hard.

Who knows? You might actually have a legit story.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »

How about a link? Why is this so difficult? If you bring up some of your wacko stuff, link to it. It's not that hard.

Who knows? You might actually have a legit story.

Link this !

Larry Kudlow has a Saturday talk show in New York City on WABC radio. Itys a 50,000 watt station.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »

Larry Kudlow is a right wing hack, though. He's the financial version of Rush Limbaugh. Surely you can find a major news source for this story? SOMEBODY has reported this on the INTERNET, right?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »

Let me get this straight. Kudlow is complaining because Schumer pointed out that Indymac was poorly run? What was he supposed to do? Just shut up and hope it goes away? That's how we got into the subprime debacle.

IndyMac bank had been sent into freefall after comments by Democratic Senator Charles Schumer last month concerning the bank's health prompted a flood of withdrawals by panicked customers.

Schumer had sent letters to federal regulators, quoted in the Wall Street Journal, saying he was "concerned that IndyMac's financial deterioration poses significant risks to both taxpayers and borrowers and that the regulatory community may not be prepared to take measures that would help prevent the collapse of IndyMac."

The OTS's Reich said in the newspaper that Schumer's comments gave the bank "a heart attack."

Schumer quickly responded: "If OTS had done its job as regulator and not let IndyMac's poor and loose lending practices continue, we wouldn't be where we are today," the Journal quoted him as saying.

Who loosened the regulations?
NIATROSS

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »

Let me get this straight. Kudlow is complaining because Schumer pointed out that Indymac was poorly run? What was he supposed to do? Just shut up and hope it goes away? That's how we got into the subprime debacle.

IndyMac bank had been sent into freefall after comments by Democratic Senator Charles Schumer last month concerning the bank's health prompted a flood of withdrawals by panicked customers.

Schumer had sent letters to federal regulators, quoted in the Wall Street Journal, saying he was "concerned that IndyMac's financial deterioration poses significant risks to both taxpayers and borrowers and that the regulatory community may not be prepared to take measures that would help prevent the collapse of IndyMac."

The OTS's Reich said in the newspaper that Schumer's comments gave the bank "a heart attack."

Schumer quickly responded: "If OTS had done its job as regulator and not let IndyMac's poor and loose lending practices continue, we wouldn't be where we are today," the Journal quoted him as saying.

IDIOT LIAR !
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:16 PM »

Oh Moonie, Moonie.

Follow the letter, the money and the power.

Chuck Schumer is on what Committee again?

That Committee oversees what?

Start playing Connect The Dots.

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:59:52 AM »

Oh Moonie, Moonie.

Follow the letter, the money and the power.

Chuck Schumer is on what Committee again?

That Committee oversees what?

Start playing Connect The Dots.

Again with innuendo. What exactly are you suggesting? You can spell it out. Nobody will sue you.
mel4600

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 08:29:47 AM »

Moon,

Indymac has very little to do with the subprime debacle and only 4.4 percent of their total $156 billion portfolio is classified as subprime.

Also, I would like you to know that Rush Limbaugh thanks you from the bottom of his heart, for the constant mentioning of his name. It is because you and the rest of the liberal loons who constantly flock to his radio station, that he was able to sign an 8 year $400,000,000 contract (count them zero's Moon)!
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 08:36:40 AM »

Moon,

Indymac has very little to do with the subprime debacle and only 4.4 percent of their total $156 billion portfolio is classified as subprime.

Also, I would like you to know that Rush Limbaugh thanks you from the bottom of his heart, for the constant mentioning of his name. It is because you and the rest of the liberal loons who constantly flock to his radio station, that he was able to sign an 8 year $400,000,000 contract (count them zero's Moon)!

Rush got how much? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar dollar

Talk about hitting the lottery.

Good for him.

I wonder how much the Libs talk show host get.

Maybe Moon or Edwarren can tell us?

They are the smart guys.

Need to go to work.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »

I would like to ask this Buffalo. In many other posts you constantly argue that the President has no actual effect on the gas prices. Which of course is true, BUT, as we all know power leads to backroom deals and the like. You mentioned just a bit earlier to Moon to connect the dots. HMMMM...... aren't we wanting both sides of the fence here? I mean seriously, because Shumer is on the Banking committe he's guilty of fraudulent things with this bank but the Oil men running the administraion have nothing to do with the gas prices and $145 a barrell? I'm simply stating the obvious and not wanting another con/liberal arguement, but Stay on one side of the fence. The truth is the truth, no matter what side of the politcal continuum youre on.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 08:50:21 AM »

Again with innuendo. What exactly are you suggesting? You can spell it out. Nobody will sue you.

Moonie,

I thought you were a pro at stuff like this.

Start by looking at the Committee Chuck Schumer is on and then look at the names, the companies involved and where the money leads.

Then ask why Chuck Schumer, a United States Senator from New York, who has vast knowledge of financial system workings, then ask why he would knowingly write a letter like this about a bank in California, knowing it was likely that his letter, would cause a possible collapse of this financial institution.

Then play Connect The Dots with the connections of Indymac working back to Schumers and others.

Your boy Chuckie pulled the pin on a grenade my friend.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 08:56:46 AM »

Moon,

Mel,

You are starting to go down the right road on Indymac. Do not look at the Subprimes Debacle.

The issue here is hint, hint ... Democrat Chuck Schumer, the Committee he is on AND individuals and individual loans.

It is NOT Indymac's loan business as a whole.

The brewing scandal here is NOT Indymac itself.

Look at the connections between companies and people

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 09:11:09 AM »

So, this had NOTHING to do with the lack of regulation on the part of OTS and was strictly caused by a letter sent by Schumer stating that IndyMac had a problem.

OK. If we accept your premise, what is the scandal here? Why all the innuendo that there is something sleazy going on?

It seems to me that this is Schumer's job - to point out banks that are going to fail. If somebody had done this with Enron, maybe there still would BE an Enron and not EVERYBODY would have lost all their money.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »

I would like to ask this Buffalo. In many other posts you constantly argue that the President has no actual effect on the gas prices. Which of course is true, BUT, as we all know power leads to backroom deals and the like. You mentioned just a bit earlier to Moon to connect the dots. HMMMM...... aren't we wanting both sides of the fence here? I mean seriously, because Shumer is on the Banking committe he's guilty of fraudulent things with this bank but the Oil men running the administraion have nothing to do with the gas prices and $145 a barrell? I'm simply stating the obvious and not wanting another con/liberal arguement, but Stay on one side of the fence. The truth is the truth, no matter what side of the politcal continuum youre on.

Mo,

The first flaw in your opinion about the President and oil is that the President of the United States, regardless of political party, has no direct regulatory power over the price of oil.

The United States Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs as it is called, has within itsa power, jurisdiction and authority, the oversight of the banking system, which included Indymac.

It also includes the Deposit Insurance ... otherwise known as the FDIC AND the Federal Monetary Policy ... and that included the Federal Reserve System.

Now since you were the first to connect Democrat Chuck Schumer and his membership of the Banking Committee, you have the first step. The Dots dont stop with Schumer.

Ask why Schumer, privy to inside information from that Committee, would write a letter specificly about Indymac and mention their problems, knowing the power he has and connections he has would probably cause a run on that specific bank which would probably cause its collapse.

Connect the corporate dots with Indymac now.

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 09:16:59 AM »

No, you connect the corporate dots. YOU spell it out, without all this innuendo.

I looked for this story all over the place and NOBODY is suggesting any wrongdoing or any 'sleaze' at all, except YOU. If you have something, spell it out.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 09:21:06 AM »

So, this had NOTHING to do with the lack of regulation on the part of OTS and was strictly caused by a letter sent by Schumer stating that IndyMac had a problem.

OK. If we accept your premise, what is the scandal here? Why all the innuendo that there is something sleazy going on?

It seems to me that this is Schumer's job - to point out banks that are going to fail. If somebody had done this with Enron, maybe there still would BE an Enron and not EVERYBODY would have lost all their money.

Moonie,

The job of the US Senate Banking Committee is to have regulation and oversite of the banking system, the deposit insurance AND the Federal Reserve. Their job is to PROMOTE the system.

Now why would Democrat Chuck Schumer, a US Senator from New York, speficicly single out an individual bank in California, knowing his position of power and his inside information from his place on the committee, would in that letter lead to a run on that specific bank which it would most certainly not recover from.

Dont narrow the suspicion to just Schumer.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 09:25:22 AM »

No, you connect the corporate dots. YOU spell it out, without all this innuendo.

I looked for this story all over the place and NOBODY is suggesting any wrongdoing or any 'sleaze' at all, except YOU. If you have something, spell it out.

Moonie,

If you want to give up and walk away, thats fine with me. The Lewinsky stained blue dress was originally an item on the Drudge Report that went overlooked for a while until the right people connected the dots.

If you dont want to believe that Larry Kudlow has a Saturday radio show from 10am-1pm on WABC-770 in New York (a 50000 watt station) and spent significant time on the topic yesterday, thats your business.

Maybe somebody will pick up his call for a Federal investigation into Schumer's letter and those connected to it.

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »

Moonie,

If you want to give up and walk away, thats fine with me. The Lewinsky stained blue dress was originally an item on the Drudge Report that went overlooked for a while until the right people connected the dots.

If you dont want to believe that Larry Kudlow has a Saturday radio show from 10am-1pm on WABC-770 in New York (a 50000 watt station) and spent significant time on the topic yesterday, thats your business.

Maybe somebody will pick up his call for a Federal investigation into Schumer's letter and those connected to it.

Kudlow has suggested that there is something sleazy going on, and Schumer did it? Why not just link to that story then?? I'll settle for Drudge. Give us a link.

Links are easy to do - you just copy the url and paste it into this comment box. No need to do anything else.

Until you start actually giving verifiable SOURCES for your statements, it's just innuendo.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »

Moonie,

The job of the US Senate Banking Committee is to have regulation and oversite of the banking system, the deposit insurance AND the Federal Reserve. Their job is to PROMOTE the system.

Now why would Democrat Chuck Schumer, a US Senator from New York, speficicly single out an individual bank in California, knowing his position of power and his inside information from his place on the committee, would in that letter lead to a run on that specific bank which it would most certainly not recover from.

Dont narrow the suspicion to just Schumer.

And the system is best promoted by ignoring problems? Also, I don't believe you accurate in your representation of what the Banking Committee is supposed to do. Yes, it's supposed to have oversight on all Banking activities. But, no, they aren't cheerleaders.

Let's hear about what Schumer intended to gain from this. That's the point of your innuendo, isn't it? Somehow, there's a back room deal and Schumer sold short or something? How does it work in your mind, exactly?
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 02:45:47 PM »

Mo,

The first flaw in your opinion about the President and oil is that the President of the United States, regardless of political party, has no direct regulatory power over the price of oil.

The United States Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs as it is called, has within itsa power, jurisdiction and authority, the oversight of the banking system, which included Indymac.

It also includes the Deposit Insurance ... otherwise known as the FDIC AND the Federal Monetary Policy ... and that included the Federal Reserve System.

Now since you were the first to connect Democrat Chuck Schumer and his membership of the Banking Committee, you have the first step. The Dots dont stop with Schumer.

Ask why Schumer, privy to inside information from that Committee, would write a letter specificly about Indymac and mention their problems, knowing the power he has and connections he has would probably cause a run on that specific bank which would probably cause its collapse.

Connect the corporate dots with Indymac now.
OK. IF you want me to believe that, then all the Halliburton stuff is fairgame too, right? Cheney? Same style of dots and monies. Just no oversight commitee. Power, government, corporations, there's not much in lines separating them anymore.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:01:38 AM by Mo usedto » Report to moderator   Logged

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 05:00:37 PM »

Kudlow has suggested that there is something sleazy going on, and Schumer did it? Why not just link to that story then?? I'll settle for Drudge. Give us a link.

Links are easy to do - you just copy the url and paste it into this comment box. No need to do anything else.

Until you start actually giving verifiable SOURCES for your statements, it's just innuendo.

Moonie,

What part of, "Larry Kudlow has a Saturday radio program from 10:00am - 1:00pm on WABC-770 New York are you not understanding.

He and his guests talked about it on LIVE radio

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »

Moonie,

What part of, "Larry Kudlow has a Saturday radio program from 10:00am - 1:00pm on WABC-770 New York are you not understanding.

He and his guests talked about it on LIVE radio

That's convenient for you. They don't have transcripts on the internet? Nobody covered it? The only info we have is that YOU heard something on Kudlow's right wing show??

Pardon me for being skeptical.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 05:53:44 PM »

And the system is best promoted by ignoring problems? Also, I don't believe you accurate in your representation of what the Banking Committee is supposed to do. Yes, it's supposed to have oversight on all Banking activities. But, no, they aren't cheerleaders.

Let's hear about what Schumer intended to gain from this. That's the point of your innuendo, isn't it? Somehow, there's a back room deal and Schumer sold short or something? How does it work in your mind, exactly?

Moonie,

There you go again trying to put your words into somebody else's mouth. I never said the Senate Banking Committee or the Fed should ignore problems and I never said they should be cheerleaders.

This Committee has the ability to have closed door hearings. They have access to information the general public isnt aware of. A cornerstone of our banking system is trust and security. When a bank oir banks lose that, there are runs and that bank or banks can literally go under in a matter of hours.

There are also people who based upon their position of power can influence a market or business with a simple statement or action.

In his letter, Schumer did not speak about the banking system or the mortgate system in general terms. Again, Charles Schumer is a Senator from New York and in his letter, he specificly targeted a bank in California. Schumer knows very well what words like his could do to an already troubled bank.

There is no way Schumer just mis-spoke or was mis-interpreted.

Schumer targeted this California bank for a specific reason and his personal gain is just one issue.

Now Moonie, remember, personal gain does not need to be physical things such as money or property.

edwarren

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 06:00:09 PM »

What a load of  BSmeter.

Schumer was right to blow the whistle. That bank was a piece of shit.

A BushWorld crapper.

There'll be more.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: