Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 01:40:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesse Jackson....  (Read 8581 times)
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 12:30:32 PM »

Moon:

I just read Mary Mitchell's column.

Try reading it.

Moon, you are painting yourself in a corner.

Your style of politics along with the "Reverend" out to lunch.

You quote O'Reilly and if O'Reilley said this about Obama what the "Reverend" said, you would never hear from O'Reilly again.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

You mean the "I'd like to cut off his nuts" thing? Doesn't O'Reilly say something like that every show?

You need to keep up on your "N" words, BTW. You're probably the only person in the world who thinks the "N" word is "nuts". Which is interesting by itself.
Report to moderator   Logged
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 12:32:58 PM »

Moon man,

you'll is getting your "nuts" handed to you.

Maybe you need some consulting from "The Reverend" on how to handle this excellent topic.

Moon my advise, shut the F up.

Kenneth J. Chadwick  

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »

Moon man,

you'll is getting your "nuts" handed to you.

Maybe you need some consulting from "The Reverend" on how to handle this excellent topic.

Moon my advise, shut the F up.

Kenneth J. Chadwick  

You having a problem rebutting my points, Ken? You seem to be losing it a little, that's why I ask.

mel4600

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 12:39:03 PM »

You got any facts to back that up? OPERATION PUSH has been helping people since at least 1967.

How about we separate the men from the boys and make a large wager on this? If you live in the Chicago area and you don't know about this you are a loon with his head in the sand.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »

I just read the Mary Mitchell column. She seems to be saying that Jackson should shut up and let Obama to tread gingerly around racial issues.

Do you agree with THAT, Ken?

She also calls Jackson stupid for not knowing the cameras were rolling. I think we all agree with that.

What's so egregious about what Jackson said, though? Or is this just another NeoCon Screwup attempt to grasp at ANYTHING to make us forget about the horrible mess they've made of the US?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2008, 12:44:56 PM »

How about we separate the men from the boys and make a large wager on this? If you live in the Chicago area and you don't know about this you are a loon with his head in the sand.

A large wager on what, exactly, NeoCon Screwup?

I think you have a serious gambling problem, Mel. Seriously. Maybe you shouldn't be on a horse racing site. Every time somebody disagrees with you, you don't come back with any facts or information to back your point. You start screaming out "Bet! Bet!" And from what I've seen, you end up losing most of them.
mel4600

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »

Well, from I what I saw, he said it was the whole thing. And no, I'm not watching O'Reilly. I used youtube. I wanted to see what was said in the worst possible light for Jackson, so I went to O'Reilly's "Unfair and Unbalanced" show.

And if were talking indiscretions, what about O'Reilly's "loofah" escapade?

You continually prove my point! Now you are comparing old news again, just like Alan Colmes! Show me where O'Reilly said it was the whole clip? He stated on the air that there was a lot more and he did not want to release it. Jackson refused his invitation to come on his show and explain himself.
mel4600

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »

A large wager on what, exactly, NeoCon Screwup?

I think you have a serious gambling problem, Mel. Seriously. Maybe you shouldn't be on a horse racing site. Every time somebody disagrees with you, you don't come back with any facts or information to back your point. You start screaming out "Bet! Bet!" And from what I've seen, you end up losing most of them.

This is site evolves around betting! Taking your money is not gambling, its exposing ignorance.

Here is the info you are looking for you ignorant loon:

For years, Jackson and his organizations have been unable to document millions in government funds and tax-deductible, taxpayer-subsidized donations to his various PUSH-Excel entities.

As early as 1983, reports showed millions of misspent or missing funds. That year, a federal audit of Operation PUSH's subsidiary, PUSH for Excellence Inc.'s, use of more than $4.9 million in federal grants, found either no documentation or improper justification for use of the funds, the Chicago Tribune reported in 1987. The situation was so bad that the U.S. Department of Education was looking into suing the organization to recover its share of that funding. By 1987, PUSH for Excellence failed to make payments on $671,000 owed to the Education Department, according to an AP report from June of that year, and the figure had reached $850,000 including interest. PUSH also owed $557,000 to the Labor Department and $38,647 to the Department of Commerce.

Jackson's response about the missing funds: While running as a presidential candidate in 1984, he said it was an attempt by the Reagan administration "to intimidate us."

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »

You continually prove my point! Now you are comparing old news again, just like Alan Colmes! Show me where O'Reilly said it was the whole clip? He stated on the air that there was a lot more and he did not want to release it. Jackson refused his invitation to come on his show and explain himself.

Well, I saw the second show where he had Clarence Page and some other guy on. O'Reilly indicated that he HATED, JUST HATED to do it, but he would show the whole thing OVER again for "clarity's sake".

If O'Reilly has more, he should shut up and produce it. This show was on Sunday. There's no excuse for not getting the whole thing out, if there is any more to it.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 01:02:36 PM »

This is site evolves around betting! Taking your money is not gambling, its exposing ignorance.

Here is the info you are looking for you ignorant loon:

For years, Jackson and his organizations have been unable to document millions in government funds and tax-deductible, taxpayer-subsidized donations to his various PUSH-Excel entities.

As early as 1983, reports showed millions of misspent or missing funds. That year, a federal audit of Operation PUSH's subsidiary, PUSH for Excellence Inc.'s, use of more than $4.9 million in federal grants, found either no documentation or improper justification for use of the funds, the Chicago Tribune reported in 1987. The situation was so bad that the U.S. Department of Education was looking into suing the organization to recover its share of that funding. By 1987, PUSH for Excellence failed to make payments on $671,000 owed to the Education Department, according to an AP report from June of that year, and the figure had reached $850,000 including interest. PUSH also owed $557,000 to the Labor Department and $38,647 to the Department of Commerce.

Jackson's response about the missing funds: While running as a presidential candidate in 1984, he said it was an attempt by the Reagan administration "to intimidate us."

This site is about horse racing and this thread is about politics and you still want to bet, bet, bet! You have a problem, I think.

Yes, if you want me to agree that PUSH has had problems, fine. It happens a lot to faith based help groups. They tend not to have the greatest financial people working for them.

Let's look at some of the right wing favorites like Jerry Falwell and Sun Myung Moon.

Falwell has appeared at three previous Moon gatherings, including one in Uruguay in 1995, and he has relied on Moon's largess to bail him out of tight financial spots. In 1997, a Moon front group called the Women's Federation for World Peace funneled $3.5 million to a non-Moon group to alleviate financial problems at Falwell's Liberty University. In 1996, a Moon publishing group lent Falwell $400,000 for use at Liberty.

The pair also have one other thing in common: a history of tax problems. Moon served time in federal prison after a conviction for tax evasion. Falwell was forced to pay $50,000 to the IRS for using his Old Time Gospel Hour for political purposes. The Falwell ministry also lost its tax exemption retroactively for 1986-87.

It happens a lot, even to the BEST funded faith based groups.

If you want to start a petition to STOP the government giving money to faith based groups, I'll be the first to sign.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 01:13:36 PM »

It seems like Pat Robertson has had some pretty shady dealings, as well:

Far from the media's gaze, Robertson has used the tax-exempt, nonprofit Operation Blessing as a front for his shadowy financial schemes, while exerting his influence within the GOP to cover his tracks. In 1994 he made an emotional plea on The 700 Club for cash donations to Operation Blessing to support airlifts of refugees from the Rwandan civil war to Zaire (now Congo). Reporter Bill Sizemore of The Virginian Pilot later discovered that Operation Blessing's planes were transporting diamond-mining equipment for the African Development Corporation, a Robertson-owned venture initiated with the cooperation of Zaire's then-dictator Mobutu Sese Seko.

After a lengthy investigation, Virginia's Office of Consumer Affairs determined that Robertson "willfully induced contributions from the public through the use of misleading statements and other implications." Yet when the office called for legal action against Robertson in 1999, Virginia Attorney General Mark Earley, a Republican, intervened with his own report, agreeing that Robertson had made deceptive appeals but overruling the recommendation for his prosecution. Two years earlier, while Virginia's investigation was gathering steam, Robertson donated $35,000 to Earley's campaign--Earley's largest contribution. With Earley's report came a sense of vindication. "From the very beginning," Robertson claimed, "we were trying to provide help and assistance to those who were facing disease and death in the war-torn, chaotic nation of Zaire.

Yeah. I'm thinking that banning any government money to faith based groups is looking better and better all the time. Let's get that petition started, Mel and Ken!
mel4600

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2008, 01:14:44 PM »

The pair also have one other thing in common: a history of tax problems. Moon served time in federal prison after a conviction for tax evasion. Falwell was forced to pay $50,000 to the IRS for using his Old Time Gospel Hour for political purposes. The Falwell ministry also lost its tax exemption retroactively for 1986-87.[/i]

Moon,

Please tell me you're not that stupid to compare $50,000 payable to the IRS for using the Gospel Radio Hour for political purposes (if true) with Jesse embezzling millions of dollars of taxpayers funds? You truly can not be that ignorant, can you? Do you see the difference?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 01:17:18 PM »

Moon,

Please tell me you're not that stupid to compare $50,000 payable to the IRS for using the Gospel Radio Hour for political purposes (if true) with Jesse embezzling millions of dollars of taxpayers funds? You truly can not be that ignorant, can you? Do you see the difference?

Stealing a dollar is the same as stealing a billion, according to your religion, Mel. I'm surprised you don't know that.

But, it's just an example, Mel. I am sure I can find more. But let's agree that they ALL screw up and we should just stop funding them.

Sun Myung Moon served time in a Federal Prison for tax evasion. None of these faith-based people can be trusted.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:20:00 PM by Moon » Report to moderator   Logged
mel4600

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »

Stealing a dollar is the same as stealing a billion, according to your religion, Mel. I'm surprised you don't know that.

Moon, do you understand the difference of owing the IRS $50,000 and someone embezzling millions of taxpayers dollars? Don't be a fool's fool. What is my religion Moon? Maybe the IRS will go after Reverend Wright for making political statements from the pulpit and remove his exempt status.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 01:46:55 PM »

Moon, do you understand the difference of owing the IRS $50,000 and someone embezzling millions of taxpayers dollars? Don't be a fool's fool. What is my religion Moon? Maybe the IRS will go after Reverend Wright for making political statements from the pulpit and remove his exempt status.

Stealing is a sin, Mel. Thou shalt not steal. It's one of the BIG TEN!!! I would have thought that someone like you, who defends the Christian Right on every subject, would know that.

Again, the only answer is to cut off government funding from ALL of them!
mel4600

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »

Stealing is a sin, Mel. Thou shalt not steal. It's one of the BIG TEN!!! I would have thought that someone like you, who defends the Christian Right on every subject, would know that.

What was stolen?
mel4600

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 01:51:07 PM »

This is the most intelligent statement you ever made!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 01:53:03 PM »

Stealing is a sin, Mel. Thou shalt not steal.

Was there proof Jackson really "embezzled" the funds for his own personal use? If so, why isn't he in jail? Or, is the true language simply "can't properly account for", or "spent improperly", like maybe for an unapproved program, and someone here turned that into embezzle?
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »

Was there proof Jackson really "embezzled" the funds for his own personal use? If so, why isn't he in jail? Or, is the true language simply "can't properly account for", or "spent improperly", like maybe for an unapproved program, and someone here turned that into embezzle?

Oh, come on. THAT would never happen, would it? From Mel? It would go against his religion to "bear false witness against his neighbor"! That's ANOTHER one of the BIG TEN!
mel4600

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »

Look, you guys are dumb and dumber, maybe Jesse will tell you where the money went? You two are a great pair of loons!  Wink
mel4600

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 02:03:58 PM »

Oh, come on. THAT would never happen, would it? From Mel? It would go against his religion to "bear false witness against his neighbor"! That's ANOTHER one of the BIG TEN!

Love your talking points! Straight from that nice Atheist web site you frequent.  Wink
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »

He must have some solid proof for it, or he wouldn't use that word. I wonder if he also has solid proof what happened to all those billions in cash that are "unaccounted for" in Iraq, that Bush administration officials, appointees, and contractors were responsible for. The American taxpaying public would appreciate knowing. 
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 02:40:52 PM »

You see, it's OK when they ship crate after crate of cash into Iraq and then can't account for where it all went. The NeoCon Screwups can't be held accountable. That's why they are known as Screwups!

But when an underfunded faith based non-profit group like PUSH does the same thing while trying to HELP people, it HAS to be stopped!
mel4600

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 03:09:34 PM »

He must have some solid proof for it, or he wouldn't use that word. I wonder if he also has solid proof what happened to all those billions in cash that are "unaccounted for" in Iraq, that Bush administration officials, appointees, and contractors were responsible for. The American taxpaying public would appreciate knowing. 

Nice intelligent general accusation that has no merit from a pair of GENUINE LOONS. They are between the ages of 45-55, no wife, no children, no real estate, and no real job with their hand out, who blame anyone with wealth for their misfortune and can't figure out what happen. I believe that sums them up well!  Wink
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

Nice intelligent general accusation that has no merit from a pair of GENUINE LOONS. They are between the ages of 45-55, no wife, no children, no real estate, and no real job with their hand out, who blame anyone with wealth for their misfortune and can't figure out what happen. I believe that sums them up well!  Wink

And you add to the discussion, how, again? By insults and no facts or arguments. Childish and pathetic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: