Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 07:00:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE REASON TONY DIDN'T GO TO POMPANO  (Read 1400 times)
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2005, 08:25:44 PM »

I heard the 2-places Tony wanted to go was either Pompano or Dover. But the hurricane did alot of damage to Pompano and they may not race for awhile, maybe not till after Christmas. I heard the backside barns were torn-up and all the track widows were shattered. Im sure this had much to do with his making Dover his choice. I was also told in the Pompano area you can only buy $20.00 worth of gas at a time with the police enforcing it. They told anyone shipping down to Pompano to turn around and go home. What has AMERICA come too?
Report to moderator   Logged
rpb

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 08:30:52 PM »

Tony made his decision long before the hurricane. Pompano did not get slots.  And of course Dover has slots.
njhorseman

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 09:54:20 PM »

Tony made his decision long before the hurricane. Pompano did not get slots.  And of course Dover has slots.

Half right, half wrong. Tony did announce the move to Dover when he was at the LBJ in September, long before the hurricane, but slots were approved by the Florida voters last year. They are just reluctant to put them in until all the rules and regulations are worked out, even though a judge has already ruled they have the legal right to install them.
rpb

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 10:04:33 PM »

The point being that it may be a long time before those slots are installed at Pompano (if ever). So Tony smelled the money at Dover.
Justafan

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 10:31:58 PM »

I assume he didn't go to Pompano because slots or not, the racing sucks!  When the next closest track is many states away it is hard to have a good product.  Just ask Cal-Sucko.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 11:45:22 PM »

I heard Bruce Ranger slipped a baby alligator into Tony's dirty gym shoes while he toured the driver's locker room.  That or Wally Hennessey put a coral snake in Tony's tequilla shooter and told him it was a worm.  Either way, he didn't get a warm welcome in FL.  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 02:09:09 AM »

He didn't go to Pompano because he doesn't know how to speak Cuban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: