Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 03:10:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beautiful Arlington?  (Read 7968 times)
NIATROSS

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »

They even out. In this state I'm in now, there's no sales tax. Wow! That's low! That's way better than Illinois!

Unfortunately, the income and property taxes are far higher. Oh no! That's real bad!

I don't know the overall total tax burden in Illinois compared to the rest of the country, and quite frankly, I don't care. There, I manned up.

It's where I live, the taxes are what they are, and I take advantage of the things those taxes pay for, like nice libraries and museums and parks and schools and a nice State owned Sox ballpark and a mass transit system that will get me almost anywhere I want to go without taking my car out of the garage. If you feel the need to justify where you would live anyhow, go right ahead. It's obvious you have quite a inferiority complex about it, the way you go on and on. I don't really care. The only use I have ever found for Indiana (besides the few years I went to the Indy 500) is driving through it from one interesting place to another. Much like Wisconsin, it's just in the way (but at least Wisconsin has Summerfest and Door County and breweries). Indianapolis has truly earned its nickname as "Roadblock of the Nation".

Don't forget to admit you were wrong saying everyone post I made in this thread was all bad about ILLINOIS.
Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2008, 04:02:41 PM »

I'm starting to think that Niatross may be a 12 year old.

The whole 72 point Celtics thing.
The "nyah, nyah, Indiana is great" thing.
The "you said THAT, ADMIT IT" retorts.

It's still not clear, but the signs point that way.
NIATROSS

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »

I'm starting to think that Niatross may be a 12 year old.

The whole 72 point Celtics thing.
The "nyah, nyah, Indiana is great" thing.
The "you said THAT, ADMIT IT" retorts.

It's still not clear, but the signs point that way.

This coming from someone who is always calling out others for name calling and has a problem admitting when he is wrong.I would say that is a very good example of adult behaviour.You sure you don't want to also inlcude some more political name calling to show your superior intellect.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2008, 04:33:11 PM »

Don't forget to admit you were wrong saying everyone post I made in this thread was all bad about ILLINOIS.

Not so fast, buckaroo. What you originally wrote was

This time I will ask you to point out where I did not admit to the good things ILLINOIS has going for it.

I submit that in no post in this thread did you admit to the good things ILLINOIS has going for it. You mentioned one good thing in one post, is all.   
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2008, 04:45:33 PM »

This coming from someone who is always calling out others for name calling and has a problem admitting when he is wrong.I would say that is a very good example of adult behaviour.You sure you don't want to also inlcude some more political name calling to show your superior intellect.

I believe calling someone and asking them to back up their BS with some facts or at LEAST some documentation, is pretty adult. Especially when the BS is things like "Obama is a racist, Obama is a Muslim, Obama is a loon, Obama is a commie, etc".

I have been known to admit I'm wrong when someone actual can prove it. It happens all the time. Not HERE, of course, because, let's face it, as far as politics goes, this is frat boy territory. There's not really a whole lot of deep thinking going on by the right wingers. "Obama used the Presidential SEAL! OMG!" And then you find out, he used something that sorta looks like the eagle on the Presidential Seal. That kind of stuff.

Like I said, the jury is still out. You could convince us otherwise.
NIATROSS

« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »

Not so fast, buckaroo. What you originally wrote was

I submit that in no post in this thread did you admit to the good things ILLINOIS has going for it. You mentioned one good thing in one post, is all.   

You would be wrong again buckarooski ! I do believe I mentioned  the AP BUILDING was one of the nicest  AND the turf course but you can of course prove me wrong if you can.

I did not know you were so sensitve about ILLINOIS.I listed a few things I like and am thankful for about IL.

1.The ooportunities it afforded my parents when they emigrated to this country.
2.The 20+ yrs I worked in Chicago providing me with a lot of what I have today.
3.The sporting events I attended to see my favorite teams play.
4.Some of the finest food I have eaten anywhere.
5.Most of all for the friends I have today having met them in IL and shared what there was good and bad about CHICAGO AND IL.
NIATROSS

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2008, 04:57:10 PM »

There's not really a whole lot of deep thinking going on by the right wingers. 

Like I said, the jury is still out. You could convince us otherwise.

Yes ,I can see you really don't do any name calling unless provoked.No need to wait for the jury for that answer.Like I said very adult behaviour coming from someone who calls someone else a a child.

mel4600

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2008, 05:03:04 PM »

All right. Prove the Rush Limbaugh isn't a racist. Prove that Mother Teresa wasn't. Pick whoever you want. You won't be able to prove it. It's not possible to prove a negative.

Moon is 100% correct here. It is not possible to prove, we can only have a calculated opinion on the subject. For example, if I went to weekly KKK meetings for 20 years, most fair minded individuals would assume I was a racist. Get the picture?  beer
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2008, 05:06:31 PM »

You would be wrong again buckarooski ! I do believe I mentioned  the AP BUILDING was one of the nicest  AND the turf course but you can of course prove me wrong if you can.

Two good things. Hardly the entire catalogue of what's good about Illinois.

I did not know you were so sensitve about ILLINOIS.

I'm not. I'm just riling you up, because you rile so good.
NIATROSS

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2008, 05:08:19 PM »

Moon is 100% correct here. It is not possible to prove, we can only have a calculated opinion on the subject. For example, if I went to weekly KKK meetings for 20 years, most fair minded individuals would assume I was a racist. Get the picture?  beer

I got the picture !

beer beer beer
NIATROSS

« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »

Two good things. Hardly the entire catalogue of what's good about Illinois.

Yes it is only 2 things because that is all I could think that was good about ARLINGTION

I'm not. I'm just riling you up, because you rile so good.

Just as my INDIANA POSTS seem to rile the rest of the forum.

beer beer beer beer beer beer
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2008, 05:16:26 PM »

Just as my INDIANA POSTS seem to rile the rest of the forum.

As long as we understand each other. You post a boatload of crap, you get a boatload of crap back.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »

How a thread about Arlington got to name calling and racist talk is beyond me.

But I say, corn, carps, big deal.

We got the Biggest Gator and The Human Cannonball.   (coming up in August)   I win.

edwarren

« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2008, 05:32:15 PM »

Moon, count how many military funerals Bushigula refused to attend revving up an undeclared war like the Japs did at Pearl Harbor.

A fair minded person could assume he was a crook who disrespected soldiers.

Under Bushigula and Shwarzie California has bcome a failed state.

A fair minded person can assume neither care about Californians.

get the picture?

beer
mel4600

« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2008, 05:33:48 PM »

Can't blame me for this one!  Wink
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2008, 05:34:44 PM »

You're right Pam  I wondered the same thing

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2008, 05:36:17 PM »

Can't blame me for this one!  Wink

Yo mel

you're back

PM me your mailing address ok

mel4600

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »

Yo mel

you're back

PM me your mailing address ok

Yo 7474505B, I never left. I'll be glad to give you my mailing address as soon as you PM me your name. OK
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »

whats the problem now? I need to know where to mail the edible pannies you enjoy wearing.

mel4600

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »

whats the problem now? I need to know where to mail the edible pannies you enjoy wearing.

You aught to deliver them in person. You can pick your teeth when you get here to extract them.
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2008, 05:53:03 PM »

NO thanks !  ha ha.

I'll mail em

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »

You came back just to post that?

If you sat in a church and listened to a minister who once in a while said Jesus was killed by the Jews, would you be a bigot?
mel4600

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »

You came back just to post that?

If you sat in a church and listened to a minister who once in a while said Jesus was killed by the Jews, would you be a bigot?

First of all, I never left. I was done posting on the rant thread until the election. This thread was about beautiful Arlington Park and the same players jumped on Niatross and brought up racism. He answered by saying there is a degree of racism in everyone, which in my opinion is true.

You need to comprehend what I am saying, which is to form calculated opinions. You will get out of your statement whatever you want.

In my answer to your question, if I went there on a regular basis, you can make a calculated opinion if I am a bigot. Your analogy of a racism parallel between a minister who once in a while will say that the Jews killed Jesus to what Reverend Wright was saying is like comparing day and night. I would compare your statement above to someone saying that the German Nazi's killed the Jews in WWII. Would that make the person saying that a bigot? Most fair minded people would say no. On the other hand you might not think Reverend Wright is a racist based on his comments that Black people were intentionally infected with aids, Americans are the one responsible for 9/11 and the famous God Damn America remarks etc. That would not make you incorrect, however, I believe most fairminded individuals would form a different opinion. In any event, it does not make you wrong. It is merely your opinion based on the information before you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:42:56 PM by mel4600 » Report to moderator   Logged
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2008, 07:02:55 PM »

Was it AIDS he was talking about, or syphilis? Because the government DID infect blacks with syphilis.

And Obama has dissociated himself with the wild remarks of Wright. I also doubt if Obama attended that church that often.

I will say this, Mel. You were the first person who brought up anything that even resembled racism on Obama's part. That's why I don't mind discussing politics with you. Samstar, Dolfan, Niatross, et al, were just posting "Obama is a racist" and then when I called them on it, they started with the name-calling and the usual right wing BS.
mel4600

« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2008, 07:14:23 PM »

Was it AIDS he was talking about, or syphilis? Because the government DID infect blacks with syphilis.

And Obama has dissociated himself with the wild remarks of Wright. I also doubt if Obama attended that church that often.

I will say this, Mel. You were the first person who brought up anything that even resembled racism on Obama's part. That's why I don't mind discussing politics with you. Samstar, Dolfan, Niatross, et al, were just posting "Obama is a racist" and then when I called them on it, they started with the name-calling and the usual right wing BS.

He actually was referring to aids and he brought up the syphilis story as comparison.

I will not beat this drum, I just wanted to make a point. Arlington is still the most beautiful track in the country!  beer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: